Snoop Dogg blasts Kansas’ apology for his performance

It’s been a few days since Snoop Dogg and his ‘acrobatic dancers’ made Kansas fans at Late Night in the Phog clutch their pearls, but this afternoon, we finally heard from the rapper himself.

During an appearance on The Howard Stern Show, Snoop teed off on Kansas athletic director Jeff Long’s apology for the performance, saying that the Jayhawks knew exactly what they were getting when they asked him to do a show.

“The audience enjoyed that sh*t,” Snoop told Stern and fellow guest Seth Rogan. “I don’t know what the f*ck they talking about.”

When asked, Snoop denied that Kansas asked him to leave.

“That’s a goddamn lie. That’s a motherf**king lie. I had the time of my life. I enjoyed myself, hung out with the basketball teams. ”

Snoop said he believes the only reason Kansas apologized for the performance — which featured scantily clad dancers on stripper poles, a money gun, and a person in a dog costume carrying a very large fake blunt — was because of the backlash.

“I just think it was more the publicity of what I did, they had to cover it up. And, I respect them, and I wasn’t gonna put no smut on their name and say they did anything wrong because they invited me to come do what I do. And, when you pay for Snoop Dogg, you gonna get Snoop Dogg.”

Truer words have never been spoken. You can listen to the audio of Stern’s interview with Snoop on the SiriusXM app.

[TMZ]

38 Comments for Snoop Dogg blasts Kansas’ apology for his performance

1. bruh
    5:58 pm October 8, 2019 Permalink

Imagine the things the media would be saying right now if we did even 1/4 of what Kansas did

• JerryCat
      11:13 pm October 8, 2019 Permalink

I’m pretty sure the media is saying a lot about Kansas

• JDizzle14
      6:50 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

Amen

• JusSayin
      7:46 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

I hate Kansas as much as the next guy but seriously we’ve got to stop with this victim mentality we have. People are doing plenty of complaining about Kansas.

• 4evrUKBlue
      8:44 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

You can call it victim mentality if you like but the truth is the truth. If you beat a dog every time you see it, he is going to cower and expect a beating when he sees you coming, probably just victim mentality though.

• madarchitect
      9:27 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

What a poor analogy.

• 4evrUKBlue
      9:30 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

Give a better one.

• kingcalscats
      9:46 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

I would love to see Snoop Dogg perform at UK.Kansas didn’t know what the performance was going to be.Their response to criticism makes a case for lack of institutional control.

• madarchitect
      10:05 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

The truth is the truth.

• 4evrUKBlue
      2:23 pm October 9, 2019 Permalink

Thank you madarchitect, I wrote that on on the spur to the moment, best I could do on the fly. I do agree Kansas knew what they were getting. Pretty sure Self goes by the old adage “it’s easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.”

2. catsarerunnin
    6:43 pm October 8, 2019 Permalink

Clearly the Snoop is a well versed statesman…

• IndianaSucks
      10:56 pm October 8, 2019 Permalink

I’m not that he’s ever been referred to as “the snoop”

• catsarerunnin
      6:41 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

I’m sure he’s been called the Dog so maybe I misspoke.

3. nocode96
    8:49 pm October 8, 2019 Permalink

Snoop is 10000% right. If you pay for snoop, you know what you’re getting. Same goes for a number of performers. If you hire Marilyn Manson, you know you’re gonna have some pissed of Christians, you get what you pay for. I love snoop, have ever since I was a young guy and he blew up thanks to Dre and mtv, he has no reason at all to apologize, this is all on KU.

• JusSayin
      7:40 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

I agree. What was it they thought he was going to do? It’s not fair to use him to try and impress recruits then throw him under the bus after the event like you didn’t know what you were getting.

And I’m not even particularly a Snoop fan.

• Bluehender
      9:55 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

I agree with you JusSayin.

4. Larkin123
    10:08 pm October 8, 2019 Permalink

Kansas loves their basketball… they must be hoing muts over this ncaa stuff…

5. TPACAT
    12:09 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

Master of the English language, yet classless thug. Quite the paradox…

• UKFanSC
      7:15 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

That description would apply to a number of politicians in our midst

• Bobbum Man
      11:09 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

A classless thug who coaches youth football and probably has done more for multiple communities than you’ll ever be able to dream of doing… but hey sorry he doesn’t speak the way you’d like him to

• TPACAT
      9:46 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

Go to your cry room, Bobbum.

6. runningunnin.454
    7:20 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

“Clutch their pearls” ha ha ha, that’s rich.
    Mr. Dogg has quite a mouth on him, doesn’t he? My momma told me, “You Better Shop Around” back when artists could sing; she also told me vulgarity is the sign of a small mind”.

• JusSayin
      7:45 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

Your mother was wrong. Most studies show swearing is a sign of both intelligence and honesty. Not saying Snoop is either but swearing doesn’t denote less of anything…contrary to popular belief.

People just say that because its a convenient argument against music they dont like.

• runningunnin.454
      8:11 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

Intelligence and honesty? Ha ha ha; no, rather a sign of a limited vocabulary. Music ehh, if that’s what you call it; it would appear he can’t participate in a simple conversation without resorting to mediocrity embellished by profanity and vulgarity.

• 4evrUKBlue
      8:41 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

JusSayin, any credibility you might have had left just flew out the window. Speaking of honesty, you can’t honestly call what Snoop does music.

• Bluebloodtoo
      8:57 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

Music falls under the classification of art. Whether you like a particular style of art or not does not give you license to deem it unworthy. I don’t feel much differently about snoop than most of the posters here, but it’s his life to live however he sees fit. None of you have to deal with the consequences of his choices. You don’t like his music? Don’t buy it.

• TPACAT
      9:52 am October 10, 2019 Permalink

So you don’t deem “Piss Christ” unworthy of being labeled as art? I sure as hell do.

• ibescootch
      8:58 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

I’m not a Snoop fan or rap apologist at all, but consider myself someone who can recognize talent regardless of genre. Just because you don’t like hip-hop, doesn’t mean it isn’t music. And yes, I know you specifically referenced Snoop, but seeing as he’s one of the most recognizable, long-standing, most idolized artists of the last 25 years, if you don’t like him, you don’t like rap. Lastly, if he isn’t a good musician, and I’m guessing you don’t think he’s intelligent, how has he stayed relevant for 25+ years? The dude is very wealthy, and still manages to sell out concerts everywhere he goes. I would guess most people would call that being a successful musician.

• JusSayin
      9:03 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

4evrUKBlue, That’s what virtually every study says. Facts are facts. People who swear more tend to be more honest probably because the same mechanism in your brain that prevents you from swearing is the same one that prevents one that stops you from saying stuff too. And several studies have found a correlation with intelligence too. Look it up.

Also just because you don’t like his music doesn’t make it not music. I’m not a fan either. It is what it is.

• 4evrUKBlue
      9:30 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

I’m sure that’s the reason Snoop uses so much profanity, just being honest. You can find something to say anything you want on the internet, like the earth is flat for instance. Blueblood I don’t even know what to say about your response except I can deem anything is not music if I choose to, it’s my opinion and in my opinion that is the furtherest thing from music….right up there with Yoko Ono’s.

• runningunnin.454
      9:40 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

I’m convinced rap is classified as noise, rather than music; however, allow me to attempt to be intelligent and honest; inasmuch as I don’t have to listen to Mr Snoop’s verbiage, I will be as happy as a dog with two peters. Honest.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:08 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

Ray Charles once said “Rap does zero for me. I’ve known how to talk all my life.” Then he dropped the mic (figuratively speaking).

I don’t care to argue music v. not music. It’s talking. Not singing. I like singing. Now get off my lawn!!!

• 4evrUKBlue
      2:24 pm October 9, 2019 Permalink

A group of dogs barking “Jingle Bells” is better music than that nonsense.

7. UKGrad79
    9:02 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

Kansas is a cluster [email protected]$&!

8. Bruce Dickinson
    9:15 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

I heard Snoop is going to be an adjunct professor of English at UNC this semester.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      11:15 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

^^^Haha! Winner!^^^

9. Big Sexy
    11:00 am October 9, 2019 Permalink

Yeah Kansas probably should’ve known better. I think it was a desperate move fore a program in serious trouble to maybe help lure recruits. That said, Snoop is a grown ass man and should’ve known and had respect for his audience. But he obviously doesn’t and tries to justify it.