SI.com predicts all 60 picks in new NBA mock draft

Jeremy Woo over at SI.com released a new NBA mock draft Wednesday afternoon with predictions for all 60 picks in this year’s NBA draft, whenever that is. The website waited almost two whole months before releasing a new mock draft, and today we now know what Woo sees for the NBA hopefuls in this year’s draft class.

As for how things stand for the Kentucky guys, it’s not good. Tyrese Maxey is the first off the board in this mock draft, but he falls outside the lottery at No. 15 to the Orlando Magic:

15. Magic – Tyrese Maxey, SG, Kentucky
Height: 6’3” | Weight: 200 | Age: 19 | Freshman

Maxey still figures to land between 10 and 20 but has become one of the more divisive prospects, with some scouts optimistic about his scoring chops and makeup, and others unimpressed by his year at Kentucky. Granted, he wouldn’t be the first Kentucky prospect to take off after the fact. There’s a scenario where Maxey emerges as a Marcus Smart-level player who can be invaluable in multiple ways without necessarily being a high-efficiency scorer. He should at least be an average shooter moving forward, and if he embraces defending and improves as a secondary playmaker, Maxey should be a useful rotation piece. Orlando could use another young guard, and should be able to grab one with this pick.

You’ll have to wait until the second round to hear another Cat’s name in Woo’s mock draft. He has Immanuel Quickley at No. 32, then Ashton Hagans way down at No. 52.

Nick Richards is not listed.

I repeat: Nick Richards is not listed.

Click here to see the entire mock draft, but I’ll remind you that Nick Richards isn’t even mentioned.

**UPDATE**

Nick Richards is still not listed, but Woo did get back with me on Twitter to provide an explanation:

All he needs is a chance anyway, right?

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for SI.com predicts all 60 picks in new NBA mock draft

1. Heavy C
    6:31 pm June 3, 2020 Permalink

So someone explain to me how a player who isn’t even appearing on the board gets the “Its Time…You’re Ready” coronation from the coaching staff? I mean I get it if a kid is in a position to get played, weighing the risk of injury if coming back is a question. But it seems like we’ve had several if these kids taking this path in the last few years, when they would CLEARLY have plenty to gain by coming back and continuing to develop their game. I dont get it.

• chris43
      6:46 pm June 3, 2020 Permalink

Idk he was projected in some mocks as a fringe second rounder to a late second rounder earlier in the year. Seems like projections on a lot of our players have dropped. You never know til draft day but that definitely isn’t a good sign. I’m not sure why they’d push projected late second rounders out the door with the “it’s time”. Richards went from will not be drafted after sophomore campaign to a most likely mid-late second rounder after a very solid junior season. Logic says come back another year and improve draft stock BUT when you can go play and at least make hundreds of thousands it’d be hard to pass up.

2. BallDontLie
    7:20 pm June 3, 2020 Permalink

Love cal but pushing a kid like Richards out the door is dumbfounding. I really hope they are right about Richards and have a solid idea he will be drafted but if he goes undrafted that is a really bad look.

• MississippiBlue
      10:12 pm June 3, 2020 Permalink

I doubt Cal pushed him out the door. I’m sure Nick is just tired of playing ball for free. I hope he makes it in the NBA, but even if he doesn’t he’ll make good money overseas. I think it’s fair to ask players to return if it also benefits their draft stock, but as the article said his age is a factor so another year at UK wouldn’t help.

3. CatfaninCinci
    6:30 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Hope EJ’s dad is real proud of himself that he’s now screwed EJ out of ever playing in the NBA.

4. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    7:23 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Woo explained the two knocks on Richards are his position and age. Cal told him he is ready because he isn’t getting any younger or shorter.

5. Big Sexy
    10:52 am June 4, 2020 Permalink

Maxey is the only one that should be in this draft. Why doesn’t someone sit these young men down and explain that if they come back they could more than likely get that guaranteed 1st round money. So many UK players have had their NBA careers cut short by leaving when not ready. The EJ Montgomery situation is truly perplexing.

6. dan1965
    2:37 am June 5, 2020 Permalink

Hes wrong is all I have to say. So what hes 23 he still has a 12-15 year career potential, and if hes a good player any team would take that!
    I think he gets drafted in the 2nd round without a doubt. Lets go Nick prove them all wrong man !