Shai Gilgeous-Alexander will Announce NBA Draft Decision Tuesday Evening

The first domino will fall Tuesday night.  Sources tell KSR’s Matt Jones that Shai Gilgeous-Alexander will make an announcement about his future Tuesday night.

Gilgeous-Alexander came to Kentucky as the Cats’ second-lowest ranked recruit.  The point guard finished the season as the SEC Tournament MVP.

He averaged 14.4 points per game (48.5% FG), 5.1 assists and worked his way up the draft boards.  ESPN now considers him the third-best point guard prospect and a lottery pick at No. 13 overall.  Tuesday night we will learn if he plans to return for one more year or test the NBA waters.  Don’t Geek.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

29 Comments for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander will Announce NBA Draft Decision Tuesday Evening

1. kenny
    12:00 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

I think he will go pro

2. patm
    12:00 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Gone

3. Bozzallini
    12:00 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

He gone!

4. Ben27
    12:06 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Whatever he decides, he will be well loved by BBN. I think his best decision is to go into the draft. He has reached about as high as you can in college. Knox on the other hand can come back and make top 5. Wishing all our players well in whatever they decide.

5. CKTermy23
    12:07 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

He Gone!

6. ballplayerstu
    12:07 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Best of luck no matter what he decides!! Go Cats!!!

7. SuperTroy18
    12:08 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

He’s so gone. Never would’ve believed it before the season. He truly worked his way to where he is. Good for him. I’d love to have him for THREE more years even, but I’m glad he can go get paid and work on his craft.

8. Alleykat16
    12:11 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

What ever his decision is I wish him the best, but I do hope he comes back. The more guards we got the better the compition

9. satcheluk
    12:11 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Cal can’t develop players…lol

10. HashtagNoseWhistle
    12:14 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

The new meow notification almost had me thinking a cat broke into my house…

11. BBNDan7
    12:15 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Oh my. Look at actual positive comments. Can y’all stick around? Lol

12. dballrb
    12:20 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

You’ve earned it Shai..Go Chase your dreams young man..Its been a real pleasure watching you ball.Your style and game caught my eye early on and you’ll be successful in the league.

13. RICKSVD
    12:26 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

I just walked inside from shooting another feral cat and heard that notice, I was headed back to get the rifle again when I realized it was the phone.

14. ukwildcat1991
    12:27 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Obviously he is gone but doing this is just making Kentucky fans hopeful that he will say he will come back. Just say it on twitter or something. Quick and easy and it allows most Kentucky fans to move on except having anxiety problems if he stays or goes. Just sayin

• ClutchCargo
      4:07 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

A little perspective is in order for any adult who has anxiety problems over a teenager’s career move.

15. shelby
    12:35 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

He should go; i luv him, but he can make a lot of money and take care of his family.

16. lecantrell
    12:54 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Shows what hard work can accomplish

17. maximumscott
    1:09 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

The offer to Ashton means Quade, Hami or Shai is gone probably 2 of the 3.

18. gwhittle
    1:11 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

This means he’s going. If he was staying he would wait for the combine. I wish him all the best and thank him for the season

19. dnabbott25
    1:12 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Gone for sure. Wouldn’t be “announcing” if he were staying. Good for him. Tgey sat he is one of if not THE hardest working player Cals ever had.

• Dark Soul
      5:36 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

He needs to go. We would not have made the tournament without him.

20. Kevin the Bacon
    2:44 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Best player on the team, yeah he’s gone.

21. T-Rox
    4:53 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Thank God he’s leaving is all I can say! Biggest choke artist PG of the Cal years! But Cal let him get away with everything, you watch Quade make 1 of those mistakes that Shai constantly made and see what happened!

22. check
    5:31 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Shai was great. I think anyone in his situation would move on.

23. UKLugo
    7:11 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

If he’s announcing Tuesday, he almost certainly is declaring and hiring an agent. Why would he announce now if he wasnt either all in or all out? And why wouldnt he at least go to the combine for feedback? He’s all in.

24. TheMaxCat
    10:07 pm March 31, 2018 Permalink

Represented himself and the University about as well as one can. Congrats SGA. Time to get his reward

25. TonyMontana
    12:59 am April 1, 2018 Permalink

Shai was our least heralded recruit. Honestly I wasnt very excited about him coming in at all. Well, Shai took over! First in the gym, last to leave. Work Hard and then work harder. Before the season he was a 4-star recruit and appeared on zero mock drafts. Zero mock drafts even for 2019. During the season, he got better, more confident and more talented. My favorite play of his is when he cuts through the lane and does that slick layup with the opposite hand making it unblockable. I thought Quade was gonna be our leader and I still have a ton of faith in him. Remember how everybody wanted to play with Q? Mo Bamba, etc… Well anyway, Shai worked his butt off and if you’re projected a lottery pick… you have to go. I wish him nothing but the best. It just goes to show, if you put in the work and practice with the best and get the exposure you do at Kentucky, its gonna pay off.

26. BBNBRIAN
    7:54 am April 1, 2018 Permalink

I say they all stay! Platooning and 40-0 talk again! Yay!