SEC Network will air Big Blue Madness in its entirety

Good news for fans who were unable to get tickets to Big Blue Madness, which is most of you, I assume.

The SEC Network will air the annual tipoff to the UK men’s and women’s basketball seasons in its entirety this year. It will be the first time Madness will air live from start to finish on a national network.

The two-hour spectacle will also stream live on the WatchESPN app on computers, tables and smartphones. ESPN’s Dave O’Brien, Sean Farnham and Kara Lawson will handle the broadcast for the network.

Big Blue Madness is set for 7 pm next Friday.

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for SEC Network will air Big Blue Madness in its entirety

1. asdf
    1:18 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

Last year they streamed it on ESPN 3 instead, and that stream had about fifteen times the viewership of the volleyball game that actually aired on the SEC Network.

2. Poppschmidty
    1:21 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

I’m just wondering if my subscription comes with a $75 pencil…

3. Sandwich
    1:22 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

I need one of those Apple iTables. The iNight Stand isn’t getting it done.

• Irwin R. Fletcher
      1:45 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

4. Bluebros
    1:22 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

Oh thank goodness!!! I too called my cable provider last year and was pretty upset that the Big Blue Madness was not being aired in its entirety.

Lou Holtz, where you at???

5. Mixxy
    1:51 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

As someone in the cable business, I also know that UK fans pretty much shut down the ESPN switchboard for a couple of days last year complaining about Big Blue Madness not being on TV.

6. KT
    2:02 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

They never forgot the criticism they took from Fake Lou Holtz.

7. Great American
    2:36 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

Looks like the constant twitter barrage that didn’t allow ESPN’s or SEC network’s tweets be seen for the 4 days leading to madness worked! Between that and all the calls they received i think they decided to stay on our good side.

8. Adam from Awesome Trot
    6:18 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

The worst part about last year is that they used BBM hightlights all summer to promote the SEC network, and then essentially made it where very few could watch it.

9. Catheaven
    6:50 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

YES!!!!!! It’s about time. For those of us who bleed blue and live and breath UK basketball, and don’t live in KY anymore, thank goodness somebody stepped up to get it on TV live! Now I won’t have to fight with the streaming, etc. .. .

10. SingingMimes
    8:14 pm October 8, 2015 Permalink

This is a Big Deal!!!! Will help with recruiting and just further establishes that UK is the “IT” program in college basketball. These are Great Times so lets enjoy them!