It’s certainly taken a while, but soon — likely tomorrow — we should have our hands on Kentucky’s 2020-21 basketball schedule.
According to Jon Rothstein, the SEC is expected to release the conference schedule tomorrow. Yesterday, John Calipari told the Lexington Rotary Club that Kentucky’s non-conference slate is complete and all they were waiting for was the league to release the conference schedule. So, soon.
Last night, KSR reported that Kentucky will open the season vs. Morehead State on November 25 at Rupp Arena, the first game in the multi-team event that also features Richmond and Detroit Mercy. Rothstein also reported today that the Champions Classic game vs. Kansas is expected to take place December 1 in Indianapolis.
Here’s a tentative calendar of the events/games we know of moving forward:
- Pro Day (Nov. 12, Memorial Coliseum, SEC Network)
- Big Blue Madness (Nov. 20, Memorial Coliseum, SEC Network)
- Lexington MTE (Nov. 25-29)
- Nov. 25: Kentucky vs. Morehead State
- TBD: Detroit Mercy, and Richmond
- Champions Classic (Dec. 1, Indianapolis)
- Kentucky vs. Kansas
- Holiday Hoopsgiving (scheduled for Dec. 6)
- Kentucky vs. Georgia Tech
- Kentucky vs. Notre Dame (scheduled for Dec. 12)
- CBS Sports Classic (Dec. 19, Cleveland)
- Kentucky vs. UCLA
- Kentucky vs. Louisville (December 26, Yum Center)
- SEC schedule (begins Dec. 29 and 30)
- 20 play dates, 18-game conference schedule
- Big 12/SEC Challenge (January 30th, 2021, Rupp Arena)
- Kentucky vs. Texas