Scoop Lemond is worried about De’Aaron Fox’s status for Saturday

ryan-sleepoutfitters2

BREAKING (POSSIBLY INCORRECT) NEWS out of the Kentucky Sports Radio radio show this morning…

Ryan “Scoop” Lemond is reporting De’Aaron Fox’s injury may be a little worse than John Calipari led us to believe on his call-in show last night.

Calipari told his Wednesday night listeners Fox has a bruised knee and will get treatment, but our own Scoop is worried Fox will be limited at best for the Florida game, and possibly even out. That would not be good for Kentucky’s chances in that game.

I guess we’ll learn more when Calipari addresses the media tomorrow afternoon. Until then, try not to panic.

(DISCLAIMER: We are not responsible for anything Ryan says. Ever.)

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for Scoop Lemond is worried about De’Aaron Fox’s status for Saturday

1. playmorezeppelin
    11:59 am February 23, 2017 Permalink

Source: Magic 8 Ball while waiting in Cracker Barrel gift shop.

2. maximumscott
    12:05 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

I will say that it looked scary as hell when he feel. If he just has a bruised knee I would be super pleased. After the replay I thought it was season over. Cant be too serious I mean he played well the rest of the game. If it was bad then he wouldnt have been able to play at all bc his style requires agility amd a knee injury would prevent that from happening. Briscoe tweaked his ankle he will be fine. But it wouldnt surprise me if he sits. More important to have him in March then right now. Plus, can you imagine if this team wins without him how much a confidence boost that will give.

• RealCatsFan
      1:28 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Like I said before, if I had had my legs in the same position that Fox did on that play, I would be in traction for a month and rehab for six more. These kids are amazingly flexible. Yeah, it looked bad, but unless a lot of swelling set in or the adrenaline wore off and now he has a lot of pain, I think he will play.

3. skankhunt69
    12:07 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Just passed him going to class. He’s not walking and being carted from the lodge to class.

• J-Dub421
      12:08 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

That’s not good.

• maximumscott
      12:16 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

You trollong?

• RealCatsFan
      1:30 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

With a screen name like that, this sounds like it has to be a UofL fan trolling us. Possibly Rick Pitino himself.

Hey Rick, the UNC fans say you suck! 😀

• J-Dub421
      1:34 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Pretty sure it’s just a South Park reference.

• UK Big Board Update
      11:45 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

I didn’t know De’Aaron attended KCTC? LOL

4. 8xchamp
    12:11 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

He seemed to be ok after his halfmatrix. He’ll be fine

5. maximumscott
    12:16 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

It looked bad.

6. david8577
    12:37 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Is it true that he pronounces his last name different when he is “Scoop Lemond”? I hear it is pronounced “Ley’ moan”, but only when preceded by scoop.

7. SamKat83
    12:40 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

If Fox can’t go, Tony Delk and Pat Bradley’s ideas (later in this KSR) of Willis and Muldar in the starting lineup may allow Briscoe to stay in. I hope Briscoe just passes rather than taking even open threes. His percentage isn’t high enough yet on threes. And there will soon be one and done games in the tournaments.

I am for any player who has demonstrated they are good enough to make the UK Basketball roster!

• secrick
      1:25 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Please no more three’s for Briscoe. He’s tough love the kid keep taking it to the basket.

• unbridled
      2:27 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

I agree and I’m content with that line up. I truly hope fox is ready to play but if not…bam, d Willis, mulder, monk, and briscoe at the point is not too damn shabby.

• unbridled
      2:38 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

The point is, fox and briscoe should not be on the floor at the same time…ever!

8. BBNBRIAN
    1:16 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Discalimer…. *are

9. RealCatsFan
    1:26 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

“(Possibly Fake) University of Kentucky Basketball, Football, and Recruiting news brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible.”

10. maximumscott
    1:48 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

With fox out. Briscoe moves to the 1 monk will be beside mulder or willis probably willi. I know u lose alot without fox but Briscoe isnt bad at PG either. He is a good passer amd draws alot of attention bc he only goes straight to the basket

11. W.C.
    1:49 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

You are not responsible for what the LEMONd says but, you should have enough sense to not repeat it.

• Fake Donald Trump
      5:02 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Lemond is a disaster and should be fired immediately. It’s hard to listen him banter on about anything. He’s not funny, nor smart, he’s a real stupid person, believe me.

If KSR was serious about “not being responsible” for what this guy says, they’d boot him off the air, and boot him off fast.

12. Blastoid
    1:53 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

FAKE NEWS?!? That’s not a real thing is it?

13. Cals Hoverboard
    5:47 pm February 23, 2017 Permalink

Scoop just had another colonoscopy this morning before the show. Give the guy a break! But seriously….for someone who doesn’t know shit, he’s right A LOT !