Jon Lopez | Nike

Jon Lopez | Nike

While the Kentucky basketball staff looks to add another instant-impact player in the frontcourt, two Rivals analysts want to remind you that one is already signed in the class of 2020.

Isaiah Jackson, the No. 27 overall prospect and No. 3 power forward in the Rivals recruiting rankings, committed to Kentucky back in November over offers from Alabama, Michigan State, Syracuse, Florida State, and Louisville, among others.

Despite the impressive ranking and status as a top-three prospect in the nation at his position, both Eric Bossi and Dan McDonald – two widely-respected national recruiting analysts at Rivals – believe they have Jackson rated far too low.

For Bossi, the praise for the 6-foot-9 forward out of Waterford Township, MI was simple. When the group of analysts put their heads together in the near future to update the sites’s recruiting rankings, he will be vouching for Jackson to make a jump.

“A few of the players that I feel we currently have too low that I’ll be advocating in the rankings process include Kentucky-bound big man Isaiah Jackson,” Bossi said.

As for McDonald, his praise of the future Kentucky forward was rather significant. Not only did he say Jackson was the most underrated post player in the senior class, the national recruiting expert also believes Jackson could become the best frontcourt prospect in the nation when the dust settles.

“Isaiah Jackson is the most underrated post player in the class,” McDonald said. “I honestly wouldn’t be too surprised if he ends up being the best post player in the class when all is said and done. I love how active he is to go along with his athleticism and skill level.”

Don’t believe them? Ask Kentucky head coach John Calipari, who called Jackson one of the best defenders in high school basketball with potential to become an “exceptional two-way player” in Lexington.

“Isaiah is without a doubt one of the best defenders in this class,” Calipari said when Jackson signed with Kentucky during the early signing period. “You’re talking about an elite shot blocker who can guard one through five. Isaiah is acquiring the offensive skills needed to be an exceptional two-way player and I really like his ability to attack the rim in a lot of different ways. Isaiah is a high-character kid and a winner.”

See for yourself with the future Wildcat’s official senior-year highlights:

(Rivals.com)

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

24 Comments for Rivals calls Isaiah Jackson the most underrated post player in 2020, could become best in class

1. UKFanSC
    6:36 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

Well….. if ever there was a year when the opportunity was ripe, this is it. Biggest stage, brightest lights……many a star has been born !

2. ukcamel
    6:41 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

I’m not worried about our recruiting class at all. Cal never fails to bring in guys that have talent and potential. But we need to have a couple guys be AD or KAT good because we have almost nothing coming back.

I’d love to be wrong but our hope this year is to have a team that learns from taking a few hard losses and enters the NCAA with a punchers chance. We don’t have a 2010 or even 2017 squad. 2014 should be the blueprint.

3. Headhurts
    6:55 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

Good footwork, nice hands, some hops, good motor, he’s gonna be fun to watch.

4. Fitz
    7:01 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

I love Jackson’s in your face, nasty. bring it on “attitude.” He’s a player that we enjoy watching.

5. UKFaninCO
    7:05 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

He goin to be fun to watch!

6. dcforuk
    7:21 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

For you golfers out there, the better your fellow three golfers are in a scramble, the less pressure you have. Some golfers thrive on that pressure. Others not so much. A roster that is all freshman can work but has growing pains (ala 2014). If you are the anchor of a scramble foursome, having a great putter in the one, two and/or three-spot sure is nice to lighten the shoulder load. We shall see!

• Bluehender
      7:41 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

You’re talking my language dc. And that’s true..

7. BlueSteel
    7:29 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

I believe on another post I said that Jackson is going to be a very good player for us – maybe not right away but in enough time… I guess we’ll see… At least I HOPE we get to see next year!!

8. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
    7:37 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

Another Cal player with a horrible haircut. Almost like having “Look at me” hair” is a requirement for Cal. Haha! People getting all upset with my comment in 3.2…

• Bluehender
      7:43 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

You got any hair at all Hot Stuff? Probably not…

• Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
      7:50 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

Hot Stuff has a full head of hair. I just don’t look like a jackass like many of these recruits.

• T-Town Cat
      9:38 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

Please post a photo of yourself so we can judge which end of a jackass you resemble.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      7:53 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

I don’t care about your hair comment, now the fact you’re so pathetic you have to mention people getting angry at you for it now that concerns me. Makes me wonder if the basement door is locked and you need help escaping. Comment on this site again if you need help.

• BlueSteel
      7:54 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

As if he cares what you think about his hair… The girls like it sooooo….

• nocode96
      7:55 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

Imagine getting worked up over a boy’s haircut. It’s weird how you’re in a public forum and loudly letting everyone know how you prefer your young boy’s hair to look. Seems like you’re probably going to be having a really tough conversation with Chris Hansen soon, meanwhile, Jackson will be keeping his hair however he damn well pleases. I bet you complained in Cal’s first year too when all them boys had the tattoos too didn’t you? So instead of concerning yourself so much with how teenager’s treat their body, something tells me you should probably be paying more attention to your body, maybe with a lot of hard work, and a good diet, you’ll be able to see your pecker again one day when you look down.

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      7:57 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

Nocode you’re way overestimating the size of his pecker if you thought anyone has ever seen it.

9. dan1965
    8:24 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

Hair,who cares ! Does he dribble with it ? Shoot with it ? Does it get in his eyes when he shoots ?!! Geez, a sports site and you have to talk about hair ! Crazy !
    About like the liberal democrats that run the site here ,and always seem to put liberal political BS about there Democrat colleages on here, who cares, its not about sports !
    So no don’t care about a players hair,or liberal Democratic news,even if its about Biden alledgedley sexually assaulting Tara Reed…see I can do it to if they do !

10. JASUN74
    8:25 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

Nocode for the win! Lmao. Nicely done my friend. Hahahaha. As for Jackson, he’s going to be just as good as his confidence will let him be. Has all the tools in the world and an athletic freak. Very proud to have him in the family, Haircut and all! Ha!

I do agree with everyone that we need a couple more bigs to be ready to battle, but this group is special already and will put on a show next year. Go Cats.

11. Cletis75
    8:32 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

The athleticism is there. The only question is how quickly he can put the pieces together and know and accept his role. Hopefully he adjusts to the speed and physicality of the college game pretty fast.

12. grammarpoliceUK
    8:40 pm May 2, 2020 Permalink

Hot Stuff, you are obviously a UL fan seeing as how you never have anything good to say about the cats. Just remember: God is good, God is fair, To some he gave brains, To others he gave hair! If you hate UK so much, why do you spend so much time on their websites?Obviously 100% idiot!

13. dave1964
    7:38 am May 3, 2020 Permalink

He will be fun to watch just hope with his frame he don’t get pushed around like Richards did.

14. UKfanman01
    9:53 am May 3, 2020 Permalink

I’m not sleeping on this kid. I’m stoked he came! I actually think this could be one of Cal’s best classes. As long as egos can be put to the side and everyone buys in, it could be a great ride

• RAGE
      10:38 am May 3, 2020 Permalink

Agreed… Very well said Fanman is exactly why the 2014 team struggled so much all season… The tweak that season was the finally bought into their roles

• RAGE
      10:39 am May 3, 2020 Permalink

My only wish is that Cal would find another WCS that buys in with his athleticism lol