Rick Pitino to Georgia?

After news broke that Georgia fired head coach Mark Fox, Mrs. Tyler Thompson wrote:

Both the Ole Miss and Georgia jobs are now open. Hopefully neither of the schools are dumb enough to hire Rick Pitino.

Georgia might just be dumb enough to do it.

Now that the dust has settled, people are talking.  Jay Williams is listening and he’s heard that Slick Rick’s name is hot in the streets.  The ESPN analyst’s exact words were:

Been hearing Rick Pitino’s name a lot from trusted sources regarding the Georgia job.

Pitino did say yesterday that he’s hired an agent and he plans on a return to coaching.  If Pitino doesn’t want to keep losing to Calipari every year, another former rivaled foe might.  Mike Decourcy reports former Indiana coach Tom Crean is interested in Georgia’s head coaching vacancy.  This coaching search is gonna be…something.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

56 Comments for Rick Pitino to Georgia?

1. bharlan24
    8:37 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Rick Stansbury

2. Duuuuuude
    8:41 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

I hear Lavar Ball is needing coaches.

• jimmer
      8:39 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

Click bait. Just like a dumb Lavar Ball article.

3. Blublood41
    8:55 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Omg please let this happen. I would love to hear his tail two or three times s year.

4. Rixter
    9:17 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Every basketball analyst in the country:” Mark Fox does things the right way”

UGA Administration:”F*ck that”

• 4everUKblue
      10:31 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Yeah give us hookers, $100K handshakes and late night affairs in local restaurants.

5. Rixter
    9:23 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

If Georgia hires 3-stacks, the first thing they should do is fire every assistant coach he hires (for reason), and name their own assistants. His track record ain’t great.

6. Cryingtheblues
    9:26 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

I think UCONN would hire him before they would. Stranger things have happened.

• eRUPPtion
      4:00 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

Rick PAYtino should apply for a job at UNLV.
      He wanted to go there or Louisville back in
      the day.

Rick PAYtino could just put a Neon sign on
      UNLV’s Basketball Dorm like Porkies & he
      wouldn’t need to worry about prostitution…
      It’s legal in Nevada. 😉 lol

7. Bourbon Ginger
    9:27 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

I think Georgia’s gonna try to get Tubby Smith. He was the last coach to have any success there

• Han
      9:42 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

He may be on the market again if Memphis decides to go after Penny.

8. 502CodeRed
    9:30 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Mrs. Tyler Thompson was probably 5yrs old when Pitino won his NC at UK. Gotta love hypocritical youth.

• Han
      9:43 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

I wasn’t even 5 the last time UL won a title back in ’86.

• 502CodeRed
      9:57 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Good to know, Han. Those Rupp NC’s were awesome,huh? You’ve joined the irrelevant commentary list.

• 4everUKblue
      10:15 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Code you fit right in with the irrelevant list. Almost as long ago as Little Bro’s last NC, hell google wasn’t even invented the last time UL won a title.

• 502CodeRed
      10:43 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Well I did see them in my lifetime and no need to celebrate stuff my grandparents watched when they were dating.

• rickwhitetx
      12:00 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

Code, let me be the latest to say you are an a**. The history of the world didn’t start with your birth. What your grandparents saw and experienced is just as revelant as yours, if not more. So, just shut up until you have something real to say.

• catdaddyd
      12:32 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

Well your grandkids won’t have to worry about the 2013 championship stories.

• ClutchCargo
      11:06 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

I love how the birdbrains like to arbitrarily decide how long a NCAA title is worthy of being claimed. I didn’t know they expire. Except the ones in the Yum! Center.

• eRUPPtion
      3:56 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

UL fans must think the 1st Superbowl was in 2013 by that logic.

They sound so dumb.

• catsarerunnin
      9:23 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

Kevin Stallings is headed your way Code Dead!

• 4everUKblue
      9:45 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

Holy mismatch Batman, Code walked into a Wildcat den.

9. unbridled
    9:38 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

No waaaaay ol Quick Ricky P coaches in the ncaa again…..right?!?

10. Han
    9:41 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

So if you somehow convince yourselves that Pitino was innocent in both the stripper/hooker and pay-for-recruits scandals, as he contends, then you’re hiring someone who twice had no control over the assistants he hired as they committed major (and unethical) violations right under his nose.

Whether he knew about the violations or not (of course he did – he’s a control freak), he’s not fit to be a college coach.

11. Rabbi Li
    9:47 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

12. NcCatFan75
    9:53 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Twice, maybe THREE times a year? I’d love it. Only question is what happens if he’s hit with an NCAA punishment with the Adidas stuff?

13. 502CodeRed
    10:01 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Louisville fired Pitino and took down his banner. Meanwhile his banner and jersey still hang in Rupp Arena. And BBN acts mad.You cant make this stuff up. LMAO SuperBowl.

• BobKYCats
      10:17 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Well, you know, he didn’t destroy our program. Just the one in Jefferson County.

• 4everUKblue
      10:19 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

No one here is mad that Pitino won a NC here or that his jersey is still up….oh and so is the banner. But it sure is fun watching the mouthy fans of Littlebrother suffer. Your program is like watching The Ball family meets the Kardashians or a train wreck, just can’t stop watching.

• blueblood4life
      10:49 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

That’s awesome 4ever! ?

• Cokely53
      10:19 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Louisville fans hurry to UK websites because their teams suck at everything and they need a winner to follow. Good luck in the NIT this year little brother. Enjoy all your little participation trophies for the fake tourney.

• 502CodeRed
      10:46 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

4ever – You like watching UofL fans suffer and I love hypocrisy.We can coexist.

• 502CodeRed
      11:06 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

And since I’ve left you speechless again, I will leave. I almost feel guilty sometimes. Take care and have a great weekend.
      Keep your friends close and your super bowl closer. Peace.

• TXwildcat57
      11:43 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

You know that someone has no life when they have to get on message boards of their school’s arch rival to post continuous BS comments. And you have left no one speechless. People get tired of dealing with ignorant people such as yourself.

• TXwildcat57
      1:30 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

I guess if my team can’t make it to their own conference tournament championship…I guess if my team was on the bubble the day before selection Sunday…I guess if my team just had a title taken away from them…I would make myself feel good by posting on the message boards of the team I wish mine could be

• TXwildcat57
      1:50 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

502 – Super Bowl? So since more years than not our team gets geared up to beat your teams ass…you claim Super Bowl? It’s a rivalry game…it would be a losers mentality to cop out and try to make an excuse as why their team consistently can’t beat their biggest arch rival…at least UNCheat and dUKe are competitive and EVEN as far as head to head record shows…if it wasn’t for your teams mediocrity maybe we could claim the best rivalry in college basketball

• TXwildcat57
      1:54 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

I bet 502 still lives at home with his parents…he makes every excuse in the world of not being able to support himself and be a true MAN to make his own way in life…probably puts blame on his deficiencies in life on the closest people in his life

Very similar to his favorite teams former head coach

• TXwildcat57
      3:01 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

I bet 502 complains about everything in his life…common mentality of a straight b****… he has been enabled his own life…whenever tough times hit his life (2018 life in loserville) he looks to put down others to reboost his own view of himself

• TXwildcat57
      3:06 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

I bet 502 consistently uses his hand to pleasure himself versus finding a woman to take that measure

• 4everUKblue
      9:32 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

I’m not speechless, unlike you (your instate rival) I have a life outside of this site, which is the fansite of my team. I just like watching UofLittleBro fans like you suffer, even if you won’t admit it, it’s obvious you’re in pain and I totally dig that about you. Suffer on fool.

• 4everUKblue
      9:37 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

Again Code, I feel like I’m clubbing a baby seal when I abuse you. Wouldn’t be so bad if you had a valid argument, but you’re just a loser like your program. I’m going to keep watching the Ball family meets the Kardashians….high drama. Key word high….just ask Alex Sander or Manuel Forrest or Chane Behanan. And you say I’m speechless….that’s right up there with the super bowl joke. LMAO!

• Bobbum Man
      1:54 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

Lol why would we not celebrate the man? I know ur salty over all of this but not only did he turn our program around he went to our rival and literally destroyed the basketball program… I say hang some more pitino banners!

14. CatsfaninFL
    10:33 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

How does he not have a show cause?!

• IAmTheDanger
      10:52 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

When the NCAA hammers the Cardinals yet again (this time for the FBI related findings), it will hit Pitino with a show-cause penalty, I know it gets confusing keeping all their scandals and punishments straight.

• IAmTheDanger
      10:55 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

And it looks like Crean is the favorite for the GA job right now anyway.

15. ukkatzfan
    11:50 pm March 10, 2018 Permalink

Georgia would be a great place for coach2. As long as it is the Georgia over in the russian area.

16. eRUPPtion
    3:44 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

I hope Georgia has a little bit more class than hiring UL’s ‘Big Dick’. lol

17. Lexingtonyn
    6:53 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

No way in hell FEBUK goes to a football school poised to compete for a national title over the next few years. He won’t play second fiddle to Kirby Fox, or go to a school that treats basketball as a hobby. He has to be the main show in town.

• Cokely53
      9:17 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

Who is Kirby fox?

• Cryingtheblues
      9:37 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

Lol I was thinking the same thing

18. Cryingtheblues
    9:38 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

I think he meant Smart but had ? on his mind while typing. Lol

19. Cryingtheblues
    9:38 am March 11, 2018 Permalink

Fox

20. runningunnin.454
    12:48 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

Pitino would be a better fit for UConn near his old stomping grounds. I can’t believe Georgia fired Fox; they’re a football school…did people even go to his games?

21. 57nukeduke
    1:03 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

I believe Rick will go to Pitt just to slaughter ul year in and out.

22. Jiminy Crickets
    3:57 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

So let me get this straight. Tubby took Pitinos job at UK, then tubby left opening the door for Cal to leave Memphis and take UK job. Few years later tubby takes Cals old job at Memphis, and now Pitino takes Tubbys old job at Georgia. My how the mighty have fallen.