Report: SEC Network signs deal with Comcast

SECNetwork_FacebookTwitter_UTMartin-thumb-600x377-45709

Good news for Comcast subscribers: Sports Business Journal’s John Ourand is reporting that the SEC Network has signed a deal with Comcast. The deal has been in the works for a while, and many thought the announcement would come during SEC Media Days. The news is a huge relief for the millions of SEC fans with Comcast, like this blogger right here.

DirecTV and Time Warner, make it happen. To make your voice be heard, visit GetSECNetwork.com.

UPDATE: It’s now official.

Bs1cUuiCcAASxSD

12 Comments for Report: SEC Network signs deal with Comcast

1. Haha
    10:57 am July 18, 2014 Permalink

Guys we are in 4th place I know we can easily win this.

• SEC
      11:10 am July 18, 2014 Permalink

Might as well try to win as much meaningless crap off the field to make yourself feel better, because the real contests of winning football games starts soon an you don’t have much of a chance at winning those.

• WRB
      1:05 pm July 18, 2014 Permalink

Thanks SEC, I was afraid that there weren’t going to be any trolls on here today.
      But you proved that an ass will always show up where they are not wanted.

• bluemanchew
      1:09 pm July 18, 2014 Permalink

So we now have a lewisville fan going by the name of sec. Those folks would sell their soul to the devil for some attention.

2. funKycat75
    10:58 am July 18, 2014 Permalink

So confusing. I thought Comcast owned TWC now. Has that not happened yet? And when is the switch to Charter?

• UKBlue
      11:27 am July 18, 2014 Permalink

FCC & Justice Dept haven’t approved the deal yet

3. UKfanNKY
    11:07 am July 18, 2014 Permalink

Are Time Warner subscribers going to be able to get the SEC network?? I sure hope so

4. Blue Hair
    11:41 am July 18, 2014 Permalink

Link to stream please.

5. ChicagoCat
    12:14 pm July 18, 2014 Permalink

Anyone happen to know if SEC Network games will stream on WatchESPN if you don’t upgrade to SEC Network? I’d only get this for Cats games so I really don’t want to have to pay for a premium block of sports channels I will never watch.

6. sincitycat
    12:23 pm July 18, 2014 Permalink

Great news for Colorado Wildcat fans like myself. Game on!

7. Rock McAllister
    4:03 pm July 18, 2014 Permalink

Do you guys realize that voting has absolutely no effect on whether you’ll get access or not?

All it does is allow ESPN (i.e. Disney) to negotiate even higher rates from the carriers because of this supposed “pressure” from fans. There will be a deal no matter what, it’s just figuring out the right price on both sides of the table.

The ultimate insult is that higher cost will be paid entirely by you the subscriber and subsequently put directly into Disney’s pockets. It doesn’t take a mental giant to figure out that clicking on the getsecnetwork.com site is directly saying “I want to pay more!”

C’mon folks, this is basic economic common sense. Use your brains.

8. Time Warner Rules
    5:10 pm July 18, 2014 Permalink

I would love to know the rationale as to why we get the Big Ten Network in Lexington, but we will not get the SEC network. The nearest Big Ten school is 200 miles away. I would presume a public poll would indicate those who cared would be virtually unanimous for dropping Big Ten and picking up SEC. Hopefully, the Big Ten Network will scroll other conference’s scores on the the bottom ticker so that I can keep up on UK’s game.