REPORTS: Harrison Twins will enter the draft, presser coming tomorrow

harrison-twins

According to Shams Charania of Real GM, Andrew and Aaron Harrison will enter the NBA draft:

According to Charania, UK is expected to hold a press conference on Thursday for its players declaring for the draft, “Towns, etc.”

Charania/Real GM is a well-respected source with over 10,000 followers, including several national writers, so this is a report you shouldn’t just discard; however, until UK releases word, nothing is written in stone.

UPDATE: Gary Parrish also says he’s hearing the Twins will enter the draft

Kentucky sophomores Andrew Harrison and Aaron Harrison have decided to enter the 2015 NBA Draft and are expected to formally announce their plans soon, a source told CBSSports.com on Wednesday afternoon.

39 Comments for REPORTS: Harrison Twins will enter the draft, presser coming tomorrow

1. Laker Cat 18
    2:01 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

…And…here come the dominoes.

2. Catsby80
    2:04 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

kind of expected this… would really like to know more about booker & dakari… and lyles for that matter.

3. AndTheDevil
    2:08 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Can’t really blame them. When you have a chance to go to the D-League, you gotta take it.

• BigBlueBoom
      2:49 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Probably better than what you do for a living.

• AndTheDevil
      3:04 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Well, I bring in 130k a year as a CPA, which is actually about 7x as much as a D-Leaguer makes.

• AndTheDevil
      3:05 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

And my money is guaranteed and d league money isn’t. So please try again.

• Walter White
      3:16 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

You know the funny thing about the internet is you can claim anything, I can say I’m actually a Hollywood screenwriter, or a well respected and feared drug maker that makes millions of dollars and you can’t disprove that. Must be great to beat up on 19 years olds to feel better about your existence

• AndTheDevil
      3:32 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, cuz at the top of the list of things people claim to be on the net is CPA. And how did telling the truth beat them up?

• Musehobo
      3:43 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Apparently CPS’s can be douches too.

Let me give you some advice sir. Just because they may go to the D league, doesn’t mean you need to forecast their demise for everyone. These guys helped bring us 2 Final Fours. I don’t care if they do go to the D League, I will support their decision and won’t make whiny, pathetic gripes about it either. No one cares where you think they will end up, just wish them luck and show some class.

• Musehobo
      3:44 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Sorry, typo…CPA’s*

• ThankfulCat
      3:53 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

No one cares what you do for a living. No one wants to read your spewing directed toward the twins. You are a low life for doing it and being a CPA or whatever you claim to do for a living doesn’t change that. Grow up Nancy

• WeareBBN
      7:00 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Or they can go overseas and make millions, just not as quick as the NBA. Bottom line is if they don’t want to be in college they should go. Remember when they got here, everyone in the world knew it was for one year, them included.

4. hersheyisabear
    2:10 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

We all knew they were gone. Lets wish them well and embrace these new guys!

5. American Errorist
    2:11 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

I heard it wasn’t accurate

6. Lip Man 1
    2:12 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Think they are making a mistake but wish them well.

7. ukjaybrat
    2:13 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

the only definites so far are still just tyler and marcus (and i guess hawkins, willis and floreal). but yeah, there’s not enough room on the roster for 5 guards anyway… harrison(s) and booker couldn’t ALL stay with ulis and briscoe. i mean they could, but that’s only 16 minutes per game IF they split it evenly

• ukjaybrat
      2:15 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

unless they played a really small lineup. which i guess wouldn’t be completely out of the question since poythress is currently our only 3 on the roster (expecting lyles to leave)

8. BlueDeuce
    2:15 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Expected WCS, KAT and the Twins to go, no surprise there for me…Lyles, Booker and Johnson though, was hoping they would hang around and make another run as “their team”. I know the team was a “team” this year but they didn’t have to shoulder the team like the previous guys did.

Keep Lyles, Booker and Johnson, plus Poy and Ulis, add the incoming guys and still have Lee, Willis and Hawkins…that’s another platoon system and very skilled, very talented group too. Deep, deep team much like this year was…one can only hope!

I don’t think Johnson, Lyles or Booker stay though so forget what I just said as we’ll be playing with all new guys other than Ulis running the point (which will make a huge difference but, only 1 returning guy, there will be a learning/getting to know the group curve). That will still be a very talented and highly ranked team capable of making a run though! Go Big Blue!

• ukjaybrat
      2:28 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

techincally poythress would be returning too…

• BlueDeuce
      2:30 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Yep…I said that in there…just said Poy not Poythress. He will be ready to roll next year too after missing out this year!

• ukjaybrat
      8:12 am April 9, 2015 Permalink

doh, my bad. must have read right over that.

9. WildcatScratchFever
    2:17 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Sad to see any of the guys go…if they stayed a year, what would their draft projection look like? I’d bet they’d be more affected by who is actually in the class than anything.

• BlueDeuce
      2:27 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Andrew I think is at his college ceiling…he needs NBA level time now to translate his game (which I think will surprise a lot of people…I really do!). Aaron, he needs reps and reps of shooting the ball in an NBA style and he can’t get that in college. As a 2-guard though, he has to hit a higher percentage than he has in college and he can work on that 24/7/365 in the NBA. His ceiling has not even been tapped but he’ll hit it much quicker in the NBA.

KAT and WCS…ready as ever and really, both won’t go any higher next year if they stayed. KAT is a projected top 3 pick…WCS I think is still a lottery pick (though the semi-final game hurt his draft stock some I think).

Lyles could build his body some much like Booker could but both will be about the same place next year I think. Maybe improve a few spots but nothing major (could even hurt their stock by exposing a weakness not shown this year playing in a platoon system).

Johnson…He improved his speed this year a lot and had his body in shape but his offense I think could still be worked on. Returning for him I think would ensure first-round status unlike this year, he is late first/early second round.

Factor in the “new group” who will be one and done and the guys who have breakout year and it could all change for the better or for the worse…hard to say and I think if the timing and position is good now, take it. I know I would!

10. Old Henry Man
    2:18 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Thanks for 2 great years. Can you say NEWMAN

• Laker Cat 18
      2:31 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

I hope you’re right.

• WeareBBN
      7:02 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

HELLO NEWMAN…………Bring Jerry, actually I mean Jaylen, with you.

11. Realme
    2:40 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

I don’t get why all the media has to constantly create, re-tweet and report rumors and guesses about the players’ decisions. We all already know that everyone that played significant minutes at the end of the season that is not named Ulis is gone, because Cal said so. Other than that, why not wait and let them make their own announcements?

12. ukjaybrat
    3:02 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

yeah i learned something today. replying to a comment that has been deleted pushes it up a level and gives it its own number. then any replies to THAT comment will be pushed up as well… that seems like a bug