Report from Chicago: Labissiere was “unreal” in Wednesday workout

skal-workout

We’ve heard Skal Labissiere really helped his draft stock during his individual workout yesterday, but someone in attendance told Evan Daniels it was more than just a good showing.

According to Daniels’ source“Skal was unreal in his workouts, not just terrific.”

Steve Kyle, an NBA beat reporter who was in the gym to witness it, said it is time to move Labissiere back into the top-five discussion. Watch some of Kyler’s videos from the workout below:

Get that money, Skal!

Article written by Drew Franklin

14 Comments for Report from Chicago: Labissiere was “unreal” in Wednesday workout

1. whack0001
    12:53 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

It would have been great he was “unreal” for Kentucky when we needed him. Thanks for nothing

2. FBI Informant
    1:21 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

Working out was never the kids issue. Having the other 9 guys on the floor is his problem.

3. Nerds
    1:29 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

A broken clock is still right twice a day.

4. Booby Petrino
    1:29 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

I guess he’s just conning the NBA like he did Cal. No, I don’t really think that, just making fun of the genius on here who kept commenting all season that Skal and his people conned Cal.

5. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    1:37 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

Proud of you Skal! Keep up the good work.

6. Larry Pratt
    1:46 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

Yes, Skal can shoot. He’s already shown that. But can he actually play, now? Did he show that at his shoot around?

7. Smyrna_Cat
    1:53 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

There are a couple of things about Skal that we need to keep in mind: (1) he really didn’t play hardly at all his last two years of high school, so he really isn’t that experienced, (2) he had very little exposure to top-level talent, so it was all a learning experience, and (3) he is still several years from growing into his body. Put those together and you are asking an awful lot out of the young man. There are times I would watch him and just marvel and his talent and skills, and at other times just shake my head at how lost he seemed to be. I also think Cal messed him up a bit because he really isn’t an inside guy.

I wish him the very best, and I am glad he was a CAT (and always will be!!).

8. onsides
    1:55 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

It will be interesting to follow Skal in the nba but I’ll be cheering for him. I don’t know about these projections that have him being a top 5 pick though. Top 5 picks are expected to contribute right away and I’d guess Skal will need at least two years to gain strength to compete in a mans league.

9. smokindave
    2:11 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

I used to watch Ervin Stepp shoot like that at EKU. Then they’d play a game and somebody would actually guard him.

• Chaz
      2:34 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

Dang, you saw Stepp play at Eastern? I lost track of him after HS, but he really racked up some numbers.

10. WillB
    2:37 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

Unfortunately UK didn’t have any big bodies last year so Skal was forced to stay down low and bang, that’s not his game. Too bad we couldn’t use him as a stretch 4, like he will be in the NBA. Best of luck. The higher he gets drafted, the better he plays in the NBA, the better it shines on UK for future recruits. Stop hating on this kid because he had to play out of position because that’s what was needed.

• theWilkman
      3:18 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

Exactly. If we had a guy like Thomas Bryant (or Dakari) to play center, Skal would’ve been able to play his natural position and undoubtedly looked better. When you have next to no experience playing organized basketball to begin with, playing out of position probably isn’t going to be very effective.

11. Kat4Life
    5:36 pm May 12, 2016 Permalink

He would have been unreal for us too if Cal hadn’t played him out of position for 4 months……..

12. JMFATZ47
    9:07 am May 14, 2016 Permalink

Giannis Antepoukoooooppppo(who knows) took some time to develop as well. Skal will grow into a solid player for sure!