REPORT: Dakari Johnson will declare for the NBA Draft

i-2

Here we go again…a “source close to the situation” tells SNY.tv’s Joshua Newman that Dakari Johnson will declare for the NBA Draft.

Dakari’s mother Makini Campbell told SNY.tv earlier this week she expected her son to make a decision by the end of the week. Tomorrow at 2:30 p.m., UK will hold a press conference for the players who have already made their decisions. Right now, Dakari is #38-#39 in the major mock drafts.

Thanks for the memories, Dakari. We’ll always have this:

dakaridance

[ZagsBlog]

16 Comments for REPORT: Dakari Johnson will declare for the NBA Draft

1. crazzedcats22
    6:11 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

SMH on this…where does Dakari think he is going to play?

Does Cal have any issues with future recruits explaining how he took what were supposed to be 3 one and done first round picks (Harrisons/Dakari) and they became 2 year players that were (most likely) drafted in second round/undrafted?

• ThreeGoggles
      6:43 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Yea he will have 3 other freshmen who are lottery picks including the number 1 overall pick.

• UK Big Board Update
      8:59 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

The overwhelming majority of American college players selected in the second round do actually get guaranteed money. Like 80% of them.

And you spelled ‘crazed’ wrong.

2. klassact32
    6:15 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

He should call Daniel Orton and ask him how that’s working out for him. Mwhahahahahaha

3. WeareBBN
    6:26 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Got to agree with the first 2 comments. Think the big guy is making a mistake but then again WHEN the NBA does not work out for him he will get paid to play across the big pond. If he does not want to be in college he should not stay so best wishes and thanks for what you gave UK and BBN.

4. ColoradoCat3
    6:29 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

You’re telling me we kept a fresh NBA player on the bench for the second half?

• BanjoBeliever
      6:41 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Cal told these guys all year that if you can’t make free throws then you can’t play late in the games. I mean, he said it all year! I can’t believe people are talking why Dakari or Marcus didn’t play. Hello!

• ColoradoCat3
      9:14 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

I’m not saying Dakari should have played more down the stretch. I’m saying he’s not actually an NBA player.

5. ThreeGoggles
    6:41 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

I don’t care if I get ripped for this or not but THANK GOD. See ya Dakari, good luck to ya.

6. Buckets
    6:55 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Of all the guys leaving, this makes the least sense. He’s not going first round and he won’t make a team. OK, this makes ZERO sense.

7. SanDiegoCats
    7:30 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Why hold a press conference? Its depressing. I don’t think I’m alone in saying that I can care less about UK breaking a record for most NBA draft picks for a team in a single year.

• symphonist41169
      8:09 am April 9, 2015 Permalink

Well I for one COULDN’T care less.

8. mcp157
    7:31 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Dakari be wise, stay. You are not ready and won’t last in the NBA. Work on your skills one more year and become a lottery pick.

9. 25OR624
    8:04 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Declaring for the journey$ man ….the over sea$on that end$ when you feel. it. $ave your fund$ but enjoy and $ee the world. Budget and $ave.

10. CopenhagenCat
    8:21 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

I think Johnson will be ok. I wish him well.

11. Kevin C
    10:45 pm April 8, 2015 Permalink

Dakari’s NBA career will make Greg Oden’s look HOF worthy….