Reid Travis suffers sprained knee vs. Missouri

Bad news from Columbia: Reid Travis sprained his right knee around the ten-minute mark of the second half of Kentucky vs. Missouri. He will not return to the game.

The injury occurred when Keldon Johnson fell into Reid’s leg after going up for a rebound. Reid’s knee bent inward, and when Kentucky regained possession, a timeout was called and he limped off the floor. He was able to leave the game and go to the locker room under his own power.

Reid had a stress fracture his freshman year at Stanford, but it was in his left leg, not his right, so at least there’s that.

We’ll bring you updates as we have them.

[mobile_ad]

39 Comments for Reid Travis suffers sprained knee vs. Missouri

1. ScottGreene22
    10:55 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Get well soon

2. unbridled
    10:58 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

I really kinda need Travis to return ASAP. Thanks.

3. Luether
    11:00 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Hope he’s OK. Can’t afford to lose him…

4. BlueWildcat_99
    11:01 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

We’ll be lucky if Reid is only out a few games. Hope there is no tear. Will definitely not sleep well tonight

• unbridled
      11:05 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Let’s wait to hear the extent of the injury. He may be fine.

5. unbridled
    11:01 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

That’s stretch where Travis was injured was stupid. The officials let far too much contact go. Guys were hitting the floor right and left. They needed to rein it in.

6. UKCatAttack
    11:02 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Sprained knee is a very generic injury diagnosis. The fact he has been ruled out and hasn’t come out of the locker room leads me to believe they are still doing some tests. Likely a MRI will be needed to rule out a MCL or ACL tear. Get well soon big guy! We need Reid to make a FF.

• Aar
      11:21 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

It can be anything from an exaggerated strain to a grade 1 tear.

The in consequential nature of the game and UK’s lead could factor into the decision of whether to return.

This is why I don’t like going into late season game against frustrated teams with nothing to lose. This game could have done with some over-officiating. The shoulder throw that decked Quickley was mighty fierce to have stood up on video review. UK was just as rough.

• unbridled
      11:24 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Agreed aar. The officials allowed the game to become miserable to watch. Just silly.

7. ukbradstith
    11:07 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

There are a few teams we probably can’t beat without Reid. That being said, he’s the starter we can most easily replace so we should be okay in the short term.

8. bigbluebanana
    11:13 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

I’d be fine if he sat just as a precaution for a few games. Hope it’s just a little sprain. We need Reid.

9. BlueWildcat_99
    11:15 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

I’m calling it right now: Reid comes back in a few weeks and immediately injures himself worse. Hate to say it, but it’s the most brutal thing that could happen to us, so it will

• unbridled
      11:17 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

That 100% will not happen.

• Ridge Runner
      11:20 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Sky fall around you much 99? Geese

• suttonjf
      11:21 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Dude, why you gotta be so negative?

• UKWildcatNation
      11:22 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Why would you even “call” something like that?!? Wow

• KYjellyRoll
      11:22 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Another nostradumbass. What exactly do you know about what will happen? You wishing bad on the kid? Don’t reply to this comment because I will not be back here to read a dumbass reply.

• Cokely53
      11:32 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Well I guess we know big ole blues new login.

• BlueWildcat_99
      11:59 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

And no, jelly roll you dumbass I’m not wishing harm on the kid. Where in the flying f*ck did I say that??? I’m saying – as an obvious, admitted pessimist – that with the luck we have the worst possible outcome will happen. I seriously cannot sleep because of this. I’d literally take a hammer on my knee cap if it would help Reid. My hope is that by posting this I’ll be proved completely wrong – it’s a superstitious thing. I say the worst thing
      that can possibly happen (being the pessimist that I am) and know that because I said it, there’s no way it will actually happen. GO CATS!

• unbridled
      12:43 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

Wow…..ok, so who is “we?” You got a mouse in your pocket?

• catsarerunnin
      7:49 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

Slater has his hand in his pocket but he ain’t holding a mouse. It’s also amazing that he uses multiple IDs but isn’t smart enough to change his “Slater style” although it is hard to hide if you’re a loser.

10. J-Dub421
    11:15 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Hurry up and get well Reid. We need you.

11. Ridge Runner
    11:15 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Get well big fella.

12. XryanX
    11:17 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

I got a knee you can use bro. US BBN TYPES STICK TOGETHER

13. RealCatsFan
    11:20 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

That game was painful in so many ways – this was just one of them. Don’t want to see Missouri and ther Jersey Shore lookalike guard again for about 5 years.

14. KYjellyRoll
    11:23 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Get well soon!

15. DelrayCat
    11:26 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

MCL sprain.
    A tear are unlikely…but he could be out a couple of weeks.

16. Larkin123
    11:26 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

So so important to this team… So so important….

17. joseph_daniel
    11:30 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

With how things have taken place this season, I would certainly say we have been blessed. Let’s think positive and watch as this allows Nick to play the role that Cal said we absolutely need to reach out max potential. Then Reid comes back in 2 weeks and we are hitting on all cylinders! And not basket interference cylinders either!

• suttonjf
      11:34 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

I like the way you think

18. joseph_daniel
    11:31 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

What first seems so bad is sometime the blessing we seek BBN!

19. joseph_daniel
    11:32 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Like how the LSU loss pissed off our dudes and led to the Tennessee massacre. I believe!

20. UKWildcatNation
    11:42 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Hope he’s not out long, but this will give Nick and EJ more PT to get them more confidence going into March. Just trying to think positive here.

21. joseph_daniel
    11:46 pm February 19, 2019 Permalink

Same here. I was really bummed about it at first… Then I realized that it could be exactly what needs to happen for us to win it all. I’m getting pumped about watching us beat Duke with my Dad in April!

22. bbncricket
    12:17 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

I have been reading your stuff every day for years but, on this, I needed to join in. It took me forever to get registered- couldn’t figure out the password thing. I sat up all night waiting for news on Nerlen and I will be up praying for Reid. We love you big guy!

• unbridled
      12:47 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

Welcome cricket. I’m optimistic that he will bounce back rather quickly. I will also pray for him to heal. Not necessarily for our sake as fans….but because he seems like a great kid who has devoted so much hard work to achieving his dream and it would be gut wrenching to see his final season of college basketball end prematurely.

• unbridled
      12:48 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

All of that said, Travis is a tough guy and I think his injury is not nearly as severe as some on this page are assuming it is.

• KYCat4EVER
      6:02 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

Injuries are part of basketball ?!

It’s not about refs letting the game get sloppy, it’s not about the player, its not about coaching, and it’s not even about your opponent!

INJURIES HAPPEN!

Today … BBN should hit our knees and pray for Travis, our team, our coach!

It’s in God’s hands now!