Reid Travis posts goodbye message to the BBN

It’s wild to think that a year ago, most of us didn’t know who Reid Travis was. The grad transfer from Stanford quickly became one of the most lovable players of the John Calipari era, charming the Big Blue Nation with his bruising style, thoughtful commentary, and piercing stare. The saddest part of Sunday may have been the fact that the team came up one game short of bringing Reid back to his hometown of Minneapolis for the Final Four, which would have been a storybook ending to a special season.

A few minutes ago, Reid posted this message to Kentucky fans on Instagram, along with a video tribute to his time as a Wildcat.

“It’s tough to accept that I won’t be able to put on that Kentucky blue and white again and play in front of the best fans in the country but I was truly blessed this past year to be able to make life long bonds with my teammates and coaches. I couldn’t have asked for a better group to share my last year of college basketball with and I can’t begin to thank everyone at UK enough for welcoming me in and making Lexington feel like home.”

Back at ya, Reid.

[mobile_ad]

42 Comments for Reid Travis posts goodbye message to the BBN

1. J. Did
    12:46 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Best xfer-in ever. Class. Player. Gonna miss that kid.

2. Colton
    12:49 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Shout out to Reid! He was a class act at UK and played his heart out every game. I feel like we have now been spoiled by having him as a grad transfer. Loved him and loved the passion he played with!

3. Smyrna_Cat
    12:52 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Loved having him here!!! Good luck big guy!

4. KYCat4EVER
    1:05 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Watching Reid Travis play this year TRULY reminds me of how much UK, and all college basketball has lost with the ONE AND DONE / EARLY GRADUATION era!

Your top shelf Travis! All the best to you!

GO BIG BLUE!

• nocode96
      2:59 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

What about his top shelf? Oh, right, forgot you’re an idiot.

• 4everUKblue
      3:04 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

KYCat is on the same level of idiocy as mashbumKfanboy and bigolSlaterMedic.

• IrishCat
      4:37 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Exactly nocode…

• dballrb
      6:56 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Where them dudes at??I got some things to say to them??

5. Dark Soul
    1:16 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

When I met him in midway dude was great with my kids and a class act. Even knew tupac was the greatest rapper ever. With his generation that said a lot. Wish we went to the final 4 but this was still a good season.

6. CPACAT
    1:19 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

I’m thinking grad assistant may be in his future.

• BaLou
      10:00 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

I wondered the same but someone else suggested that he may want to play some more basketball before using that engineering degree from Stanford. Whatever he decides to do I know he’ll be successful. He’s a class individual. Thank you Reid.

7. mashman 93
    1:48 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

You will always be a Kentucky Wildcat Reid. ALWAYS. A pure class individual.

8. KatFan48
    2:26 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Thanks a million for allowing us to be part of your college career. Best of everything to you. You’re an unforgettable.

9. ukjohnston
    2:44 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Reid Travis is one of the finest, well-rounded, well educated, learned individuals that will succeed in life as a human being in whatever ends up as his ultimate profession (player, coach, teacher, co-worker). I was very pleased as a fan having this quality individual as a representative and hopefully future ambassador of the University of Kentucky basketball program.

10. mashburnfan1
    2:58 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

I appreciate how hard he played and all but fact is he was just another one and done in a different way. He only came here to have a chance at a title but the FR class was not as good as expected. But still he is a Stanford Cardinal first. Would be like MJ going to Hall of Fame in a Washington uniform, no he is a Bull. Would have had more respect for Reid had he played at Stanford along side the coaches and players that were expecting him to be there instead of quitting on them. Funny how Cal slammed the transfer system when his friend got fired, but now it helps Cal {well not really as we are watching the F4} and it is ok to do and he may do it again. Two faced Cal.

• 4everUKblue
      3:00 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

You’re a real piece of shit mashbumKfanboy! No other way to put it, you deserve nothing short of the misery you live with every day.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      3:29 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

You really do take the one sided narrative of you view point to an extreme. You do realize your viewpoint is just your viewpoint right? And there are facts that you are ignoring? Surely you aren’t that obtuse to believe you have it all figured out…

• J-Dub421
      3:48 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Trashburn, go cheer for whatever craphole team in Greece your god Pitino is now coaching. Reid gave Stanford 4 years, and they never even sniffed at the NCAA tournament. He was too good for and got tired of wasting his time at a program that didn’t deserve him.

• MrPioneer
      4:17 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Mashburn, how does it feel that at 22 years old, Reid Travis has already accomplished more than you ever have in your sad, pathetic life? That’s before even considering what he will go on to do. The fact that you have an issue with Reid, arguably the most impressive individual to come through the program in years, speaks volumes to who you are as a person. I’m truly sorry that you don’t find joy in anything in life.

• henderblue
      4:30 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

My sentiments are echoed in all the above comments about the Duke lovin piece of crap known as Mashburnfan…what a real loser

• runningunnin.454
      4:57 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Ha ha, please no one tell Reid that Mashburnfan thinks he’s a quitter; and don’t tell Cal Mashburnfan thinks he’s two faced.
      It would break their goddamned hearts.

• Soylentbeans
      5:39 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Can you even play a 5th year at the same school w/o injury or redshirt?

• BluejayK
      5:36 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Mashburn you’re a douche. Shut up

• dballrb
      7:09 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

You a damn Indiana fan. Ur still on your mamas tets….Must be tough having Richard Knight slap you and shit like that. BTW…I think u a dork fan who has a crush on “blew out his shoes only because Big Baller gave him a pair of their shit shoes…Or better yet,Chris Mack has a bucket of KFC trying to lure you back into the pin with the rest 3the birds…Dumber than a bucket of dicks… Did I miss anything?…dipshit….I can do this all day…..

• natertatter
      8:56 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

stfu you stupid donkey

• Rixter
      5:48 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

I’m sorry, mashburnfan.. I hope things get better for you. We all deserve some happiness.

11. 4everUKblue
    3:02 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Best of luck RT from someone who appreciates all you brought to the best program and coaches in the country. There are those pretend fans who can never be satisfied, I hope you ignore those idiots.

12. mikeintn
    3:17 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

I enjoyed having Reid here so much, I don’t think we will ever know how much he helped this team, the stats won’t show it. I think he was the glue that held them together, and we really needed that early in the year. We will miss him next year. Best of luck in what ever you do.

13. J-Dub421
    3:48 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Best of luck Reid. Thanks for everything.

14. catsarerunnin
    4:36 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Thanks RT for a great year. You will always be a part of BBN.

15. recliner coach
    4:41 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Forgot how nice it is to have a 4 year player with their maturity, leadership and everything else Reid had that made him so great

16. runningunnin.454
    5:05 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Thanks Reid for all the hard work; loved your game, and miss you already.

17. ballplayerstu
    5:34 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Thanks for all you done while in Lexington!! Great teammate and leader. Best of luck! Go Cats!

18. Urincatland
    6:07 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

I talked with him at the Airport this morning and he took a pic with me. He’s one of the nicest young men I’ve ever talked with. Best of Luck Reid we’re gonna miss you.

19. ready4nineNOW
    7:02 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Only here one year and thinks WE are the best!

20. Kerosenerag
    7:26 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Thank you Mr Reid Travis, you are a class act! BBN love’s ya man. Only wish we could have had ya longer. We all know you got Blue in your veins. It was a privilege to have you wear the UK uniform. Best of luck in the future!!!

21. krautdog
    7:50 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Gotta love this guy!!!

22. CatsforNine
    9:11 pm April 3, 2019 Permalink

Thank you Reid Travis. You are an incredible young man and have helped the UK Program in more ways than any freshman player. Class, maturity, pride, joy of the moment, joy of the environment. Wish you the very best and please return to BBN and stay active with these young players here and in the future. Your are the pride of BBN!

23. spincr4hire
    7:51 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Wish we had him one more season.

24. mcp157
    8:08 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

Pleasure to watch him this year. Too, bad we didn’t pass down low to him more last game!