Reid Travis looking good in practice, players confirm

John Calipari’s been playing it coy when it comes to Reid Travis’ sprained knee, saying last night that if Reid played at all in the SEC Tournament, it would be as a backup. Since then, we’ve heard more promising reports on Reid, and in today’s media opportunity, several players said the senior big man is looking like his old self in practice.

“I think he’s going to fit right back in,” Tyler Herro said of Reid. “He was injured, but he was still getting workouts in and stuff like that. I think he’ll fit right in, as he was early in the season, and we’re excited to eventually have him back.”

“It was an hour workout [yesterday]. He was doing pretty much everything we were doing. I thought he looked pretty good.”

What’s been doing in practice, specifically?

“Just running up and down, layup drills, stuff like that. He was just getting his reps in. It was a good workout, though.”

For the most part, Kentucky’s been able to survive without Reid in the lineup, but there’s no denying that the Cats are better with him on the floor, especially in the post.

“Having him back is great,” PJ Washington said. “Not a lot of teams can double (team) us because we definitely have another post player who can really score the ball. It’s going to be harder for teams to guard us. He’s great on the defensive end. He always knows what we’re in, he’s vocal and he’s a leader.”

“I think he does a lot of things that don’t show up in the stat book,” Herro said. “Offensively, setting screens stuff like that. Just being a leader. Obviously, we’re going to be happy when he comes back because he’s a huge part of our team.”

Will it take Kentucky any time to adjust to having Reid back?

“I don’t think we’ll miss a beat,” Keldon Johnson said. “I think we’ll be fine whenever he comes back.”

My two cents: play him sparingly Friday to knock the rust off for Saturday’s war vs. Tennessee. If you win, sit him on Sunday.

[mobile_ad]

36 Comments for Reid Travis looking good in practice, players confirm

1. 4everUKblue
    4:36 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Oh no, according to several negative “fans” on this site he is not coming back because Cal is getting him ready for the NBA, so you must be wrong…

• bigbluebanana
      6:16 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Right? Certain folks were SURE that his parents weren’t going to let him play and that Cal holds huge conspiracies against Big Blue Nation. One guy even came at me the other day saying he’d take the word of a “source” who is friends of his parents over the word of USA Today who said he’d be back.

• Bobbum Man
      6:42 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Yeah #2 here was the one commenting on every post how Reid’s parents told him he wasn’t playing anymore… apparently him and Reid are best friends

• 1IH
      7:03 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

I don’t know Reid never claimed to, I was just relaying info from a source that I trust and the info didn’t come from Reids parents it came from a member of the coaching staff.

• mashburnfan1
      8:50 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

I hope he is healthy and back but why would he sit Sunday if we win Saturday? He will be playing limited minutes I’m sure, he needs the games to get back in game condition. I know it says he has been working out but game condition is different. I hope he plays all the games with a few more minutes in each game.

2. 1IH
    4:38 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Thank you, I love it when a ‘source’ is wrong!

3. weneedpitino
    4:42 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

This is great news, I had a feeling he would be back soon. Go Cats!!

• 4everUKblue
      4:45 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

WeneedBigolSlaterMedic is such a damned liar among other things, I wish you’d fall into the sinkhole in Louisville never to be heard from again.

• Miller45
      12:43 am March 13, 2019 Permalink

The trolls wouldn’t be so active if they didn’t get exactly what they wanted: to get a rise from everyone and to get your panties in a wad when they deliberately write posts to get that reaction

• 4everUKblue
      4:53 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

This is where Slater logs out of one of his multiple accounts and into another, most likely BigolSlaterMedic. Talk about some weak sauce, pathetic existence Slater.

• ClutchCargo
      4:54 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

I’m all for trolls falling into a sinkhole, but weneedpitino isn’t BigolBlue. Not that there is anything wrong with both of them falling in.

• 4everUKblue
      5:06 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

weene is the only one Slater has not admitted to. Not sure how you can be so sure it’s not him CC.

• bigbluebanana
      6:19 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Whoever he is, he is the best if UK fans. He nailed it the other day with his “poopy” adjective to describe our Cats. Either way, he’s not worth your time 4ever, we need your skills to keep smashing bigolblue and bashburn like you do.

• weneedpitino
      5:18 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

I am not slater, I repeat I am not slater. I don’t know who slater is, and do not care to know. I am a die hard UK fan through and through. I have been predicting that Travis would be back soon. GO CATS!!

• 4everUKblue
      6:24 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Whoever you are, you’re a damned liar, I repeat your a damned liar. And you’re a die hard fan we don’t need your kind so go tour the sinkhole.

• BigolBlue
      9:22 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

4 ever. Slater and this ID is all ive ever had. Slater got banned. Stupid bananajdub4evercatsrunninstillbp

• BLUE WHITE
      9:49 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Oh so you’re other account got banned. Good thing you had a backup!

• bigbluebanana
      9:57 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Say our names again, just like that. Interesting subconscious choice to put me first. That’s awful sweet of ya

4. Robinson73
    4:48 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Man I hope he is better & he gets to play in the SEC tournament. We need him to win #9. #BBN #9

5. Ridge Runner
    4:53 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Great feedback for sure!

6. KYjellyRoll
    5:01 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Great news! But we don’t have a game against Tennessee just yet. So we can’t say “when” we play TN…it’s “IF”…

7. michaelb
    6:02 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Big o blue has got some of y’all by the balls lol . It’s fun to see how bent out of shape you guys get over something/ someone so insignificant .

• bigbluebanana
      6:23 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

It’s catharsis michaelb. As I have publicly stated numerous times in here, I’ve been around toxic UK fans all my life, I’ll be damned if I’m going to let some little turd talk shlt about them on here, a PRO UK fan site. I’m still going to have dinner, shower, watch a game, kiss my son good night, and sleep peacefully as I do every night without stressing or even thinking about the d-bag. But while I’m here reading about our boys in blue, I’ll continue to go at him on principle alone.

• 4everUKblue
      6:28 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

BigolSlaterMedic is a UofLittleBro fan whose only joy in life is trolling UK fans. If I were a cards fan I’d be bitter too, but I’m like banana, I don’t worry about that worthless POS when I log off .

• BigolBlue
      12:18 am March 13, 2019 Permalink

4evercatsrunninjdubstillbp all 1 person. Its like the movie multiplicity.

• Miller45
      12:44 am March 13, 2019 Permalink

Somebody gets it at least

8. blueblue
    6:45 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

So when is the team headed to Nashville? I know we don’t play until Friday, but the tournament starts tomorrow. Will they go down tomorrow or Thursday? I know Nashville isn’t that far from Lexington, but I just can’t see them waiting until the day of the game to travel if they really don’t have to do it that way.

9. BigolBlue
    9:23 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

Literally 4 ever has 0 input. All he ever says is how everyone is slater.

• bigbluebanana
      10:00 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

You are literally 2 of the top 4 most hated and annoying people ever in the history of this site, he just likes reminding everyone of the path you chose in life. Aside from that, he has plenty of good input, but it seems he does a great job of getting under your skin, so it’s a win-win

• BigolBlue
      12:20 am March 13, 2019 Permalink

I have opinions. You can disagree obviously. I usually dont give a damn what you post but it usually contains my name

10. 1IH
    9:57 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

On another note, some media heads are jumping on the Aub bandwagon with LSU’s wheels coming off. I genuinely prefer a rematch against LSU in the Championship game.

• bigbluebanana
      10:02 pm March 12, 2019 Permalink

But what do Reid’s parents think about that path? How about your friend on the coaching staff, Mister T.S. Horshjt III?

• ClutchCargo
      12:09 am March 13, 2019 Permalink

A little harsh there, BBB. Maybe he heard from a reliable source and it just didn’t work out that way. It happens.