Reid Travis confirms he’s leaving Stanford

The rumors are true: Reid Travis is leaving Stanford. The 6’8″ big man just confirmed on social media that he will use his extra year of eligibility somewhere else, but did not divulge his destination.

In case you missed it earlier today, Jeff Goodman reported that Kentucky and Villanova are the leaders for Travis, a two-time All-Pac-12 First Team honoree. It’s worth noting that Villanova star Omari Spellman announced this afternoon he will remain in the NBA Draft, meaning the defending national champs have lost four of their six top guys. With no draft decisions in yet, Kentucky’s roster is still in flux, but all those departures make Nova a pretty attractive destination. Here’s hoping he likes us better.

For more on Travis, read my post from earlier:

10 Things to Know: Stanford’s Reid Travis

[mobile_ad]

13 Comments for Reid Travis confirms he’s leaving Stanford

1. Headhurts
    4:20 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

If u want a title Reid UK will likely have a better shot. just saying.

2. Alex90
    4:24 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

Just my opinion but even though Villanova is legit he still wont get the exposure there that he would get at UK. Them losing 4 of the top 6 scorers actually may hurt them since they aren’t a favorite now

• Han
      4:40 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

After 2 titles they’re gonna get more attention now.

• Alex90
      5:00 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

They still play on Fox Sports channel so no not really

3. I.want.to.see.those.biceps in UK blue giving out bruises under the bucket in the blue land in Rupp!!!

4. gasman01
    4:33 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

Don’t think you will see him here since PJ coming back. Hope I’m wrong though.

• mashburnfan1
      4:54 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

And what did PJ do last year to scare anyone? He was an average player on an average team. The fact that all but 1 source had PJ not being drafted should say enough. KSR was only place that seemed to care, well want clicks, by writing 100 articles about 3 so-so players. Yes their experience will help since all FR can’t win a title but unless they improve alot, decent depth is all they will provide.

• Han
      4:56 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

As of right now we have 3 bigs. PJ doesn’t keep him from coming here, but if Vando or Gabriel or both return…

5. UKantstopus
    4:33 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

I want Travis over some of the others returning if I am to be honest!!

6. chardun20
    4:36 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

I would like for Travis to come, but doesn’t bother me if he doesn’t.

7. TBW3011
    4:58 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

I’d argue THAT many departures from Nova actually don’t make them attractive. Sure he wants to showcase his ability, but if he wanted to do that with a mediocre team playing on Fox Sports 1 he could’ve stayed at Stanford.

• michaelb
      7:24 pm May 30, 2018 Permalink

This is the best rationale- looks like he’s coming here after you reiterated this fact