Reid Travis and John Calipari really did discuss the Supreme Court

John Calipari has been known to exaggerate things from time to time, but today, we found out that one of his tall tales is actually true. On KSR this morning, Reid Travis confirmed that he and Calipari often discussed the Supreme Court, mostly after team meetings when the team was on the road.

“I’d say at least five times, to be honest,” Reid said of how often the two discussed the Supreme Court. “He keeps CNN on in his hotel room a lot, and we always go up there to have our team meetings the night before games and I’ll always be the last one lurking around. If it’s on, he’ll ask me what I think and that’s when we’ll discuss it. We’ll have a little talk about it. It happens more than people would think. It definitely wasn’t just something he was saying.”

Reid has a tradition with another Calipari. He and Brad both love coffee, so when the Cats were on the road, they would go on a hunt for the best brew (something tells me it wasn’t Dunkin’).

Supreme Court discussions, coffee breaks…Reid Travis might be the most mature 23-year-old on Earth.

[mobile_ad]

22 Comments for Reid Travis and John Calipari really did discuss the Supreme Court

1. Urincatland
    12:14 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

Reid is a classy young man and I’m gonna miss him. It would be awesome to see him come back one day and be a part of the coaching staff. Best of luck Reid!

2. roachey45011
    12:27 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

He is def one of my all time favorites to ever wear the UK Jersey. I’m definitely going to meet him on his tour. Amazing kid ! Love to see his dreams become realty and make it into the NBA

• Luether
      6:53 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

“He keeps CNN on in his hotel room a lot”. This explains a LOT…

3. ukcats1776.90
    12:33 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

cal watches CNN? what an idiot

• madarchitect
      1:08 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

Wow…

• UK Big Board Update
      1:38 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

….says the guy who gets his news from Judge Janine, Jesse Waters and Diamond & Silk….

• Bruce Dickinson
      2:37 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

I don’t like cnn either but I’m not going to call him an idiot because he watches it. It’s just a difference of opinion.

• sprtphan
      3:58 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

As in fake news CNN?

• syrin23
      7:13 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

CNN? The Pravda of US media? The people so unethical that Pelosi and the FBI use them to take down opposition? The FBI admits to “leaking” a fake story to CNN who of course NEVER look into it but run with it verbatim, then the FBI uses the CNN report as justification to investigate someone. THAT same CNN. And Big Bird, Diamond and Silk have a BILLION times more legitimacy than two years of RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA fake hysteria in an attempt to over throw an election.

4. ukwildcat1991
    12:45 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

Here comes the comments about cal being a liberal. Who cares! We pay him to be a basketball coach. I for one could care less what his political views are.

• syrin23
      7:16 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

Cal’s a liberal d’bag, redundant, I know.

5. Peas and Carrots
    2:57 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

Maybe Cal watches FOX too. I watch both because it’s good to hear both sides of the same story. Truth usually lie somewhere in the middle.

• syrin23
      7:15 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

No, it acutally doesn’t here. CNN is a mouth piece of the democratic party, and Fox is still too liberal with Shep Smith and d’bags. There is NOTHING objective about CNN. Tell me how TWO YEARS worth of RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA is going to “take down the president” doesn’t get them sued into oblivion for journalistic malpractice and malfeasance?

6. TPACAT
    3:03 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

I always thought Cal was smarter than that…

7. dctawk
    4:54 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

I hope to see him on our bench again in the not so distant future.

8. chrislarkey
    4:56 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

CNN, pathetic. How the heck can people stomach those idiots. They have only 1 sided shows, at least Fox has liberal commentators to give a different side

I wish he had said Cal watched the western channel or even lifetime

9. makeitstop
    5:14 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

Maybe there’s a show he likes, maybe Reid was generalizing “watching CNN” as in “getting a coke” = softdrink or “xeroxing” instead it copying something. Besides Scott Jennings is on CNN as the token Republican and he’s a Kentuckian and likely friend or acquaintance of Cal’s. I watch CNN to see what the counter argument is… often leaves me shaking my head, but it doesn’t make me a liberal lol. Cal has a job, loves the military, is patriotic, knows the words to the Star Spangled Banner, goes to church, pays taxes and is responsible for the budget in his operation, thus he is 5.7x more likely to be a conservative lol. Chillax.

• makeitstop
      5:20 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

And by the way, did anyone ask “what about SCOTUS were u discussion?” Pretty sure he wasn’t calling for court packing. Just a hunch.

• makeitstop
      5:21 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

That’s “discussing”…

10. ukcats1776.90
    6:42 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

wonder if they were talking about how all the dems running for president want to pack the supreme court with a bunch of socialists because the dems cant get elected when they actually say what kinda laws they think should exist

11. katmandue2you
    11:05 pm April 10, 2019 Permalink

I made a most compelling, fair-minded, and practically impossible to reasonably dispute case for why CNN has lost most all legitimacy. Strangely it was not posted by KSR. This is how I know it was compelling fair-minded and impossible to dispute. Just sayin