Random Calipari: Bullets and Glitter Edition

As he often does, John Calipari went off the rails a little during his postgame radio show last night. Here are three of the most ridiculous and random things he said following Kentucky’s win over Mississippi State.

“You fouled a three-point shooter, oh my gosh!”

This first one isn’t random, but it is hilarious. Calipari started off by praising his team for getting the win, but mentioned a sequence late in the second half that exhibited all of their bad habits, specifically Quade Green fouling a three-point shooter to cut Kentucky’s lead from nine to five.

“There was one play that you saw me lose my mind. We’re up nine, we rebound the ball, three minutes to go. ‘Alright, Let’s get this to 11 or 12, here we go! Why did you do throw that?!  You shot that three?! You fouled a three point shooter, oh my gosh!’  What would you have said if you were me? Would you have said it about that way?”

It’s way better with audio:

Calipari pulled Quade from the game and got in his face on that one.

“We’ve got two bullets in there”

Calipari found a silver lining in the Florida loss in his team’s improved man-to-man defense. Last night, he was furious with how they reverted.

“I’ve done this 30 years. I know I look like I’ve done it 50, but I’ve done it 30 years. If you cannot play man-to-man defense and you think you’re advancing at the end of the year, you’re out of your mind. Now, if we can start playing better man-to-man — we played it pretty good against Florida — and have that zone, woo! We’ve got two bullets in there. Now we can say, alright, let’s get them this way. Someone’s making shots, let’s go zone. But you cannot, just not be able to guard and give them layups and dunks and layups and — no. Then we played zone. The zone was big today. Without the zone, I doubt we win the game.”

“You will have glitter on you”

What awaits Kentucky in Morgantown? If they don’t get physical, apparently, a lot of glitter.

“If you’re not tough, this isn’t the game to play. If you’re not going to be physical and grab balls with two hands and be strong and fight before the ball hits the rim, you will have glitter on you. You know what the glitter’s from? They pushed you into the cheerleaders about six times and you’ve got that glitter on you.”

And, as someone who is still finding glitter around her house weeks after taking down Christmas decorations, trust me when I say it never really goes away.

To listen to Calipari’s entire postgame show, fast forward to the end of last night’s broadcast:

[mobile_ad]

21 Comments for Random Calipari: Bullets and Glitter Edition

1. Willis talkin bout....
    3:17 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

The Glitter Cats.. Cal just named this squad! Nice.

2. ukblue22
    3:24 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Mrs. Tyler Thompson with the 2nd best article on KSR today!

Sorry the Drew Franklin article is tough to beat today.

3. DG
    3:47 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Fire Cal, call Billy D

4. Bill T
    4:06 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Its time Coach Cal plays faster ball. Best players like it this way. He should not tell recruits you must pass the ball 5 times before one shoots. Since Coach K has bought into one and done Coach Cal is now in trouble. It want be long until Duke has more NCAA champions than Kentucky. Maybe Coach Cal should now go over seas to recruit. Am I upset with Coach Cal, yes 100%. UK should have had at least 4 championships by now with all the talent that has gone their. Maybe he needs to hire some extra coaching help. All that language and screaming he does, does not help. Notice Florida’s coach how calm he was the entire game yet his team was shooting very bad. Maybe Coach Cal could learn from him. Something needs to change. I was glad to hear the coach told his team to shoot more threes. Good luck.
    Bill T.

• BigBlueNationDude
      4:13 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

I agree with some of this. The yelling is getting old. Being an insane frantic guy on the sideline prob doesn’t help with these sensitive young guys. Cal should definitely have more than 1 title. 4 is stretching it. I dont think Cal wins another title here. Stronger SEC is showing Cals weaknesses as a coach.

• UK Big Board Update
      4:15 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

AG is back… pathetic. 😀

• check
      4:36 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

What’s AG?

• UK Big Board Update
      4:17 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Gimme a few….

• UK Big Board Update
      4:20 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

“Am I upset with Coach Cal, yes 100%. UK should have had at least 4 championships by now with all the talent that has gone their. ”

Thank you. I haven’t laughed that hard at some stupid shit since I last saw The Blue Collar Comedy Tour.

• bbnZach
      4:31 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

People on this site are pathetic. Do you really think Duke gets 4 more titles without us getting ONE?? Ridiculous.

• Blue Bill
      5:12 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

and which one of you are a HOF Coach?

5. bosshogg24
    4:37 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Who is in charge of teaching defense? You play defense before your man catches the ball! You don’t let him get the ball then stand back and wave an arm at him or run at him from ten feet away!

6. Blue Bill
    5:14 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

They should all be hall of fame coaches!! Have all the answers. Hilarious. Hall of fame armchair coaches.

• BigBlueNationDude
      5:40 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Your correct. Im just waiting on my call. Already wrote my acceptance speach.

• Blue Bill
      10:26 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Acceptance speech to the “old crotchety know it all arm chair coach that’s never coached any real game in his miserable life” club.

• UK Big Board Update
      5:56 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

*you’re
      *speech

• BigBlueNationDude
      8:38 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

You mad bc I predicted how this season would go??? Oh yea u mad?