Randle: “Kentucky will always have a special place in my heart”

Jonathan Daniel | Getty Images

Jonathan Daniel | Getty Images

Jonathan Daniel | Getty Images

Did Julius ever consider a return to Kentucky for a second season? He says yes, he did.

“I’m definitely going to miss it,” Randle said of his time at UK. “Kentucky will always have a special place in my heart.”

Randle called it an experience he’ll never forget, and though it hurt to fall one game shy of the ultimate goal, he loved every minute of the ride. He said he looks forward to the day he sits down with his children and then their children to tell them about his time as a member of the Kentucky basketball program.

But in the end, the NBA was always the dream and the current opportunity to go into the draft as a projected top five pick is too good to pass up.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for Randle: “Kentucky will always have a special place in my heart”

1. Itzbadandy
    2:01 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Great young man. I am proud he represented us and wish him the best of luck at the next level!

2. Watch the press conference of Tennessee’s new basketball coach Donnie Tendall here http://wp.me/p4pLOr-fo

3. katmandue2you
    2:02 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

THAT BOY IS A MAN!

4. Billy Ray Cat
    2:03 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I’m sure Cal will just replace him with another negro recruit.

• jeff j
      2:11 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

“billy ray redneck : you are a complete dumb ass idiot !! said my peace now i’ll ignore you like you did your teeth and you’ll go away !!

• "Work" is a relative term
      2:15 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Someone please moderate this idiot out of the comments section

• Dale
      2:29 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You suck! Get him out!

5. jeff j
    2:07 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

another chapter in the story of Kentucky Basketball . my favorite aspect with Mr. Randle is “i’m going for that rebound & i dare you to try to stop me” Go Julius !! Go Cats !!!

6. jeffrey
    2:07 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Proud of him and the team, now go tear it up in the NBA with Young!

7. struggler
    2:19 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Pure Class! What a great kid – articulate, reasoned, poised. Humble… realizes he is living a blessing and is grateful for the opportunity. I’d rather have a “one and done” class act like Julius than a few time bombs waiting to go off other programs deal with. Perfect? Of course not – but this group has had some character… nice recruiting Coach!

• jeff j
      3:14 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

great post struggler. key word “character”. its clear to me that most all the players under cal has character plus. Go Cats !!!

8. Roger McK
    2:21 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Best of luck to you & you Mom

9. Roger McK
    2:23 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Best of luck to you & your Mom

10. Dale
    2:28 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Memories……., Precious water color MEMORIES!!! You were awesome man good luck to you. You made this season something to remember.

11. katmandue2you
    2:55 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

what a class young man. so obvious the job his mom did raising him and how it manifest itself through who he is. what the hell happened to you Billy Ray? Yo mamma drop you on yo head??

12. Rock Chalk Jayhawk
    3:18 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Wow, I bet Randle will lead the NBA in turnovers next year.

• gazza90
      3:51 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

The top 5 NBA TO leaders this year were all on the NBA all-star team:
      1) John Wall
      2) Stephen Curry
      3) Kevin Durant
      4) Lebron James
      5) James Harden

If Randle leads the league in TOs he will be rookie of the year and off to a great start to his career.

• Mc
      3:53 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I bet he’ll have more than Thomas Robinson…..because you can’t turn the ball over on the bench.

13. redandyz
    4:04 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

The question everyone is afraid to ask: Will those 9 credit hours in PE and weightlifting transfer to the NBA?

Oooo ooo oo!! I have another! After 9 month gestation period, another UK baby leaves the womb!

GAHHH!!! One MORE! It’s that time of year when UK fans go and look online to see who will be on their team next season.

And, I’ve heard rumors they re going to change “Senior Night” at UK to “Walk-on aka APR Booster Night”

14. Bonnie
    4:21 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

DEEZNUTS That is total BS about the ref’s giving all the call’s in favor of UK! WE NEVER get any breaks from the ref’s ,in fact it was quite the opposite !! ALL year we were getting shafted by the ref’s! What was a foul on us they would let slide on the other team ! They never called a game consistently the whole entire year ! The officiating was the worst iv’e ever seen it ! most likely because of the new rule’s but a lot of the time they would be mauling Julius under the basket and never once did they call the other team for a foul. just the opposite if one of our players just LOOKED at the opponent, they would blow their damn whistle ! DEEZENUTS must be cracked !!