Quick: Which of these coaches has the better record against Kansas?

Answer after the jump…

That would be Joe B. Hall, who has a 12-1 record vs. Kansas, while Calipari has a 3-1 record (his Memphis team lost to Kansas in the 2008 National Championship).

The look on Joe B. Hall’s face here is priceless.

8 Comments for Quick: Which of these coaches has the better record against Kansas?

1. serdi
    4:10 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

without even looking it up…Joe Beasman Hall

• papasnapper
      4:54 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

I knew that answer, but had no idea the Joe B had such a big margin against KU. You go, Joe B!

2. Duuuuuude
    4:10 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

The games don’t get much better than how we destroyed them last year, but one of my favorite match ups of all time was under Joe Hall in 1978 when Kansas was leading UK by 6 with :30 in overtime. Everybody thought this game was over. This was an era of no 3 point shot, so it would be more like Kansas up by 9 in todays scoring system. UK has always owned KU it seems.

• bballfan85
      4:32 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

Yup, I love how UK owned KU in 1989. That was good one!

• Blue Ridge Cat
      6:14 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

I was at that game in ’78. People were filing out of Rupp Arena. Derek Anderson stole an inbound pass, and Kyle Macy hit a jumper. Then we trapped Darnell Valentine and he called a timeout…but KU was out of timeouts! Macy hit the two free throws on the technical, and then I forget who tied it up or exactly how we won it. One of my all time great UK memories.

• UK Big Board Update
      6:20 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

Get back to work, bballfan85!! That popcorn ain’t gonna butter itself!!

3. Ken Grizzle
    5:44 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

1989 was a fluke Duuuude, now 1990. Well 1990 our undermanned Cats kicked some jhawk ass.

4. Bluegrass7914
    8:11 pm January 29, 2016 Permalink

Good ol Kansas. History says we whoop their damn ass. We always have. They are our stepbrother lol.