POLL: Who should start in the Alumni Game?

(Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

(Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

(Photo by Andy Lyons/Getty Images)

The UK/UNC Alumni Game is coming up on Sunday, and yesterday, UNC’s 247 Sports site posted a rumored roster to get us riled up. We’ve heard most of the names in connection to the game before, but here’s who will suit up for the baby blue argyle at Rupp Sunday night:

• Harrison Barnes
  • Jerry Stackhouse
  • Rasheed Wallace
  • Danny Green
  • John Henson
  • Raymond Felton
  • David Noel
  • Dexter Strickland
  • James Michael McAdoo

Here’s the latest UK roster, according to our sources:

• Demarcus Cousins
  • Eric Bledsoe
  • Patrick Patterson
  • Terrence Jones
  • James Young
  • Karl Towns
  • Devin Booker
  • Trey Lyles
  • Willie Cauley-Stein
  • Dakari Johnson
  • Andrew Harrison
  • Aaron Harrison
  • Anthony Davis (Coach)

Now, we turn the big question over to you. Who should start? (CHOOSE FIVE)

Who should start for UK in the Alumni Game?

Demarcus Cousins
Eric Bledsoe
Patrick Patterson
Terrence Jones
James Young
Karl Towns
Devin Booker
Trey Lyles
Willie Cauley-Stein
Dakari Johnson
Andrew Harrison
Aaron Harrison

Poll Maker

The game will be televised at 5:30 p.m. Sunday evening on ESPNU. Want to see the beatdown in person? A limited number of tickets are left, which you can purchase here.

8 Comments for POLL: Who should start in the Alumni Game?

1. Will
    12:03 pm September 11, 2015 Permalink

I may have missed this on the show but why is AD coaching instead of playing?

2. BiggestCatsFanInOhio
    12:25 pm September 11, 2015 Permalink

^^^ For insurance liability reasons, I believe.

If I’m assembling a Calipari-era team and I’m not allowed to have Davis or Nerlens, then there’s no way either Boogie or Willie come off my bench. It seems crazy to have Towns as a bench player, but Willie, Nerlens, and Davis affected the game in a way that no one else, not even Towns, could. Teams adjusted their strategy when those guys would go to the bench and again when they’d check back in.

My Five:
    1- Bledsoe
    2- Booker
    3- Patterson
    4- Cauley-Stein
    5- Cousins

3. Dusten
    12:28 pm September 11, 2015 Permalink

No Wall, AD, MKG, Knight, Noel… Could we lose? Thank god for Cousins.

• ukjaybrat
      12:33 pm September 11, 2015 Permalink

yeah i thought knight and mkg were supposed to be playing. guess i mis-heard

4. BtownUKFan
    1:15 pm September 11, 2015 Permalink

Cousins
    Bledsoe
    Jones
    WCS
    An Harrison
    I want the team to have a little chip on their shoulder and these guys all played with an edge at times (some more than others). This will set the tone for the beat-down. I don’t think you can have Demarcus and KAT in at the same time. Jones and WCS are both good defenders that can pick up garbage baskets as well. This team will attack, attack attack!
    GO CATS !!

5. Mark D
    2:02 pm September 11, 2015 Permalink

I can’t help but wonder if Jeff Goodman thinks Tyler Ulis should play instead of Andrew Harrison.

6. @BallBlog_Chad
    2:37 pm September 11, 2015 Permalink

so far the lead is (the same as my vote):

Cousins
    Towns
    Patterson
    Booker
    Bledsoe

I don’t care who you think is better, gotta let PPat start and hear his name, Rupp will go insane for him

7. cig107
    8:10 pm September 11, 2015 Permalink

I believe the older guys should start, maybe with the exception of Booker because we need a real 2 guard in there now that we know for sure who is playing.

1 – Eric Bledoe
    2 – Devin Booker
    3 – Patrick Patterson
    4 – Terrence Jones
    5 – DeMarcus Cousins

Willie the first guy off the bench. PPat needs to start, one of many of BBN’s all-time favorites. As is Willie, but he’s just a few months off from starting in Rupp, lol. Would rather see TJ start at the 4. Go Big Blue baby.