Pitino will not attend ACC Media Day

@CarothersJeremy

The latest in the Louisville sex scandal: this afternoon, UofL announced that Rick Pitino will not participate in next week’s ACC Media Day.

“I do not want the allegations we are facing to negatively impact the other 14 institutions on what should be a great event to talk about the approaching basketball season,” said Pitino in a release. “I realize that while many would like to question me on the allegations, the NCAA does not permit me to speak on the subject.”

Meanwhile, Louisville players Damion Lee, Mangok Mathiang and Trey Lewis WILL represent the school at Media Day, meaning they’ll be stuck answering all of the questions their head coach should have to.

Let me get this straight…resigning is cowardly, but sending three of your players to the firing squad while you hide behind “advice of counsel” is okay?

Right.

@SportsChannel8

23 Comments for Pitino will not attend ACC Media Day

1. BigO
    4:02 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

That is a cowardly move…..

2. Pitino's Good Nut
    4:08 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

Ummmm, they gonna be ho’s at Media Day? If not then I’m out. I gotta find me another set up man and get this ho train back on track to do some recruitin’

3. Really?
    4:08 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

Really Rick? Your counsel is advising you to not talk about this situation but you’re running that mouth all over the place about Magee stepping up and telling the truth, aka Bullying.

4. chad
    4:10 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

I hope the grammar police are on full alert that week

5. CoolFrood
    4:12 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

I am surprised UofL is allowing media access to its athletes at this time. I expect at least one eye-raising quote to accidentally result from these kids being interviewed by experience media professionals.

6. Stevo
    4:15 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

I don’t think the NCAA has told him not to talk. Roy Williams hasn’t missed an ACC media day and they have been under investigation for years. An attorney for UL/Pitino has told him not to talk so as not to incriminate himself.

7. [email protected]
    4:18 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

Maybe he won’t be the coach next week?

8. Bobbum man
    4:35 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

Yeah Definitely a coward move. Sure don’t want to make the likes of roy williams and none im any worse. The ACC is a mess right now, just need to wait for the hammer to drop on UNC and UL, UNC tbey will delay delay delay but it’s inevitable they’ll get something, it’s too massive of an issue

9. L1CWHORE
    4:35 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

To Fake Lou’s point, those Louisville prostitutes can’t spell very well.

Thoroughbred or THOROBRED? Do they serve fish there, it looks like a fish restaurant.

10. Air Raid
    4:41 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

He announced this 10 days ago but I guess no one paid attention then.

• Big Perm
      4:51 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

Yep, said it at the uofl lunchon last week. It was in the paper the next day.

• J-Dub421
      4:52 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, and how many times has Pitino said a player was suspended indefinitely, then played that player pretty much immediately?

11. BigBlueSkyDog
    4:57 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

“Louisville players Damion Lee, Mangok Mathiang and Trey Lewis WILL represent the school at Media Day,”

Who?

• Rixter
      5:19 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

You probably know them as ’21 feet of Suck”

12. Poppschmidty
    5:16 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

I have a couple of things to say about this post:

1) Regardless if Rick announced this a few weeks ago it’s a terrible move on his part to skip media day yet send his players into the line of fire…not how a leader should be.

2) The Thorobred Lounge used to confuse the hell out me when I was a kid. I grew up in that area of Louisville and since it’s just down the road from Churchill I always thought that was where the jockeys ate dinner.

3) I’m tired of this story…but it just won’t die.

13. vince
    5:22 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

Great photoshop

14. Dieter
    5:31 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

I really want to know what Facebook Siva Sr. has to say about this.

15. Tommycatsfan
    6:07 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

Let me get this right. Pitino, who hasn’t shut up about this in his never ending attempt to dump this on someone other than himself, can’t go to ACC media day because he isn’t allowed to talk about subject he hasn’t stopped taking about?
    It would be cowardly and upsetting to fans for this tool to resign from his $50,000,000.00 gig and allow UL to move away from the embarrassment that is Pitino, but it’s cool to send three kids to media day to try to clean up his mess?
    Sounds about right.
    Only thing more incredible than this circus, which I love, laugh about and hope never ends, is UL fanbase tolerance of this! They really are DuhVille. P1cWhore!

16. Joe
    6:25 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

Leave the man alone KSR,We would not be the power house we are today without Rick Pitino..Sure this is messed up,Sure he will probably lose his job..Dies he deserve this from our fan base,NO!!!We are Kentucky,Act like it…

17. leon singleton
    6:38 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

Louisville should use the North Carolina defense That others besides players used the hookers.

18. Blue Mist
    6:57 pm October 23, 2015 Permalink

What a hypocrite! But God will judge, right Rick.

hypocrite
    noun hyp·o·crite \ˈhi-pÉ™-ËŒkrit\
    : a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.

19. Fred