Pitino had a meltdown in front of the Louisville media today

@byronbellamy

@byronbellamy

@byronbellamy

Rick Pitino just met with the media for the first time since the Kentucky game, and had some very interesting things to say. After denying that he flipped off UK fans at Rupp after the game (photographic evidence disagrees!), Pitino went on a lengthy aside about the sex scandal enveloping his program. For the first time, Rick admitted that some “scurrilous things” happened, but maintained that he had no knowledge of it.

Did one person do some scurrilous things? Yes, I believe so,” Pitino said. “But for the life of me I can’t figure out why he did.”

Pitino said he hasn’t been interviewed by the NCAA and doesn’t expect their investigation to be done until July at the earliest. He also said the Indiana Business Journal — the outlet that originally reported the allegations — told UofL that Katina Powell couldn’t put two sentences together and they wrote the majority of her claims. Hmm.

As for why he didn’t do Saturday’s presser after the game?

“When I get out, if I don’t want to do a press conference, it’s because it’s a very emotional time. It’s not because I lost a game. I’ve been doing press conferences for 40 some odd years. Give me a break, I lost a game. It’s not going to be because of that. It’s just that I’m not going to say ‘no comment’ any more because I don’t care at 63. I want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.”

(Yes, he really trotted out that line SO HELP HIM GOD.)

He also said he’s “pissed off” at ESPN for giving Powell a forum for her allegations. He also attacked Rick Bozich for writing negative things about him and the scandal, the latest in a series of very childish moves from Louisville’s head man. Simply put, he had a meltdown in front of all of the Louisville media.

Thanks to Howie Lindsey, we now have video:

If letting go was one of Rick’s New Year’s Resolutions, he’s already failed.

133 Comments for Pitino had a meltdown in front of the Louisville media today

1. cats paw
    2:48 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

leave our saviore HOFRCP a lone !

• real cats paw
      3:22 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

^^^thats the first comment the uk big board has ever made without actually mentioning Louisville! congrats young man and im glad to see i still own you! 😃

• cats paw
      3:23 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

i like it in the butt. i pretend its bobby petrino

• UK Big Board Update
      3:26 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

cats paw – shouldn’t you be celebrating your BCS Championship over Texas AM’s backup QB, rather than accusing me of posting as you?

LOL. WHO owns WHO? 😉

• real cats paw
      3:32 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

I’m serious. I love it in my rear.

• Big Tony Saliano
      4:32 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Hmmm. I’m not a huge Pitino fan, but that was certainly no meltdown. Dude made some very good points. We should probably move on from the whole, “He didn’t go to the press conference” thing. It wasn’t a very good dig to start with, and now we just look silly pushing it as some black mark against the man.

• TrueDatBlue
      4:53 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Tyler, you owe me 14 minutes of my life back. I watched that whole video looking for a meltdown that never happened. Guy actually sounded reasonable. Today, it was Tyler who had the meltdown. You owe me, girl.

• ukjaybrat
      5:13 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

@UK Big Board Update

That was their third string quarterback… even worse.
      and they nearly won with that third string quarterback too. says a lot about Louisville’s defense. they played well against shitty teams and played shitty against real teams.

• Slamma
      5:30 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Hard to talk crap about Cardinal football since they had just as many SEC wins as Kentucky did. I guess the difference is one of their wins was against a team with a winning record.

• theSkinny81
      5:53 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

If that’s so, then why do Louisville fans still try to talk smack in basketball? At least the football series is tied…. The basketball record is SEVERELY lopsided. Yet all I hear is crowing from everyone.

• Tonto
      6:22 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

UK Big Board Update – historically, he love to bully folk.

Feel sorry for bully.

• UK Big Board Update
      6:43 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Nah. I just call out the bullshitters when I see them.

2. thomas
    2:53 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

The arrogance of Pitino knows no bounds. Only U of L allows the boundaries they do for Rick’s arrogance and entitlement

• Ervin Randleman
      4:26 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Where was the alleged “meltdown” that Pitino had? The posted videos showed only a very calm, rational Pitino. Anyone who calls that a meltdown has lost all credibility. Having a vendetta against the man is one thing, but making yourself look stupid by absurd exaggeration in an attempt to get hits is pathetic.

3. @ctkentuckycat
    2:57 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

what does Matt say abt Pitino-if he is talking he is lying! It has become pathetic the behavior & obfuscation Pitino employs in his defense. As BBN gets ready 2 celebrate 20th anniversary of 1996 title how sad of what has become of our once beloved but now ridiculed head coach. Oh well he can blame it on the water in Louisville.

4. Brandon
    3:00 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

*crap

5. Lip Man 1
    3:01 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Pitino has completely lost his mind. Working at Louisville will do that to you I guess.

• BigBlueBoom
      7:28 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

She’s right, he can’t. His life is eating at him. He’s miserable

6. Howie Lindsay
    3:06 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Howie Lindsey ‏@howielindsey 2h2 hours ago
    You are going to want to watch this Pitino video I’ll post very soon.
    9 retweets 10 likes

7. randolph
    3:08 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

This is not a transformation of Pitino’s character where one day he was good and the next he was evil.

This is what Rick Pitino has always been – an arrogant prick who has no morals, no scruples, no sense of honor, always looking for whatever angle he can exploit, denying any wrong-doing and throw whoever he has to under the bus in order to do that.

• Willy
      11:55 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

This could not possibly be a pic of Pitino exiting Rupp because l saw his interview numerous times yesterday on L-ville tv & he denied emphatically that he did this,so this has to be a pic of a “liar walking”!!!

8. Cayuttts
    3:11 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

He doesn’t care anymore? Lol … He’s borderline Trump-ish in how much he cares. Bozich wrote a bad article, Crawford wrote a good one, he’s mad at ESPN. Clearly, he cares.

9. Thomas Genardi
    3:12 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Where’s the forum you gave this person a forum and if crimes were committed then why would they give this perso a forum lol! The forum is in Rome or torned down in LA! But I wanna know where’s the forum and who gave the a forum! This is the last time I’m gonna comment on this but where’s the FORUM

10. DennyC is a UofL troll who lives on KSR
    3:19 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

#L1C8

And after the problems your coaches and administrators have had, I’d be careful who you go around accusing people of not having CLASS.

BTW, Matt Jones thanks you for the click$$

11. Catlogic15
    3:27 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

For somebody that doesn’t care anymore, he sure is bothered by a lot of things.

• UK Big Board Update
      3:27 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

• Angela Evans
      4:15 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

That’s what I thought! Every night…lol

12. inside info2
    3:33 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Um, I no current Pitino fan (I appreciate what he did while he was coach here), but this was not a meltdown. Calling this a meltdown is sensationalism. He was pretty level-headed considering the topic. Now, he may have been lying his a$$ off for the entire 10 minutes, but it was not anything close to a meltdown.

• inside info2
      3:33 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

should read, “I am not current…”

• Captain Obvious
      3:37 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

He scheduled this presser, to get all of this off of his chest. And he was defensive and aggressive. Even his Louisville media cronies were reporting as much.

But everyone can see and hear whatever they want to.

• inside info2
      4:17 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

THESE are meltdowns. You may want to look up the word “meltdown” in a dictionary.

• Interesting
      4:24 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Are you defending Slick Rick, and if so, why?

• @ Cpt. Obvious Ain't so Bright
      4:37 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

I agree with Inside Info. There was no meltdown in that conference. In fact, it looked like he had some pretty good media coaching before he did it. Never raised his voice, made cogent points, was self-deprecating about his “personal failures of ten years ago”. He actually comes off looking like the victim, and certainly reasonable.

• somerset bill
      4:43 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

i agree, inside info. a meltdown, it wasn’t. the only reason that matters is, i probably wouldn’t have watched the 14 minute video if the headline had said “pitino went on ‘a lengthy aside’ in front of the louisville media today.”

• inside info2
      5:21 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Interesting–definitely not defending Rick in general, just pointing out that this particular video was not a meltdown. I actually thought he handled himself well.

Somerset Bill — lol i agree. But Mrs. TT is usually pretty accurate on her posts and is the best technical writer on this site. So i expected to see Rick in full Bob Knight mode. I was very disappointed.

13. bigblueforever
    3:39 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Classic Pitino blaming the press and trying to influence/intimidate press. Bozich: Bad. Crawford: good.
    Name one other coach that calls out writers personally. Support Rick: good. Don’t: bad. It’s just an extension of Jurich controlling Louisville media. It’s digusting.
    Rick was asked about skipping post game. It led to this.

The only true thing he said: he doesn’t care what anyone thinks. He will do what he damn well pleases.
    Screw someone on a table. Flip off opposing teams and say you didn’t. Lie about strippergate. He has become a total piece of shit.

• cats paw
      3:43 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

I’d rather have Rick than Calipari who won’t play pale players with good fundamentals (Wiltcher)

• MarthaDeMarcus
      4:43 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

BigBlue, in all honesty, your comments read like a bunch of silliness. The man made his point very clear: Eric actually investigated and found out and printed that the hooker/stripper lied when she said she kept a four year journal, He reported that the business journal admitted to him that they had written the journal for her because she couldn’t put two sentences together.
      Bozich the Clown, on the other hand, did not investigate. He printed a somewhat dubious bit of illogical speculation: Rick had to know that the boys had a stripper in the dorm, because he knows their body fat.
      Regardless of whether you think Pitino knew about the hookers, that’s really kind of stupid reasoning.
      Pitino made the point very well, and made Bozich look like a clown.

• bigblueforever
      6:38 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Martha: in all honesty, your comments read like you are an idiot UL troll. I’m right. Period.

• UK Big Board Update
      9:23 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Amen, bigblueforever.

14. bigblueforever
    3:44 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

I think he believes his own bullshit. Kinda sociopathic. Soooooo
    glad he is at UL. I think living in that gutter environment, and making big money, turns people into douchebags. Pitino. Petrino. Ramsey the Mexican embezzler. Jurich. The DUI assistant VP….. You get the point.

15. Dusten
    3:44 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Scurrilous – adjective

1. making or spreading scandalous claims about someone with the intention of damaging their reputation.
    “a scurrilous attack on his integrity”
    synonyms: defamatory, slanderous, libelous, scandalous, insulting, offensive, gross; More

2. humorously insulting.
    “a very funny collection of bawdy and scurrilous writings”

16. NJT
    3:44 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Rick Pitino says he doesn’t care what people think. And nothing says “I don’t care what people think” like hairplugs and $3,000 suits.

17. Dusten
    3:48 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Is he saying that the only thing that happened is that Katina Powell wrote a book? Or is he saying that what Andre McGee did was scurrilous? If it is the former he is delusional, if it is the latter he doesn’t know what the word scurrilous means, which would be really funny considering how much he appears to love the word.

18. RUFFSTUFF
    3:52 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Is the meltdown in the 3rd video?

19. Heather
    4:02 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

I like how he tries to distract by accusing the IBJ of being racist. Nice try, douchebag.

• MarthaDeMarcus
      4:45 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Again withe the douchebag epithets. BBN, we are better than this. Or, at least some of us are.

• BigBlueBoom
      7:29 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Nah, douchebag is dead accurate.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:08 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, I think douchebag pretty much nails it…

20. Tej
    4:03 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

He has always tried to manipulate the media, sometimes unsuccessfully, but always successfully with Louisville’s media. I guess the discovery of the scandal was the fault of both Ms. Powell and the Indiana Business Journal. Is he going to schedule these news conferences from now on to criticize Ms. Powell, the IBJ, and any writers who dare to discuss this stuff?

21. Air Raid
    4:35 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Wow. I watched the video expecting to see Rick flipping out. How disappointing. That is about as opposite of a meltdown as you can get. That Tyler Thompson is full of [email protected] man. Geez.

22. BluKudzu
    4:38 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Lead clown of the three ring circus.

23. writerontheriver
    4:42 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

I watched this video expecting an epic meltdown as promised. It never happened.
    Matt, I’ve always been a fan, buddy, but your lead-in is grossly misleading compared to the actual presser. Disappointed to see your anti-Pitino agenda so biased.
    The man was clearly upset by how and why the whole scandal has occurred. And he was particularly bothered by select media condemnation before any proof has come out, especially since the supposed author of a tell-all was unqualified to write it. (The public claims were written by IBJ, not her.)
    Flipping the bird was immature, sure. The press conference, however, was a straight-up analysis of a bad situation and IMO he handled it straight up, hiding nothing, I gained respect for the man.
    I’m a rabid Ky fan, but Matt, you’re playing to the crazy element, those classless haters that embarrass the rest of us. Report the news, don’t slant it. Sounds too much like Fox news.

• 'Merican Fan
      4:50 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

You are correct, sir. Regrettably, this is what KSR has become. It’s getting to where you can’t get to the real news because these numbnuts have let Pitino get into their dome. Somehow he OWNS them and they can’t shake it. Thompson and Roush follow Jones’ lead, right down into the gutter. Ugh. I hate what I am seeing — the meltdown of KSR. That’s who had the meltdown.

• Weird
      5:57 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Soooo, why are you all here, again?

• BigBlueBoom
      7:33 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Well Jenny you don’t get to decide content. Just because you don’t like a post doesn’t mean they shouldn’t post it. This post has more comments than the rest, so even if it’s just people crying and trolling, it’s still making more money than the other posts, so mission accomplished by ksr. And you’ll keep coming back even when the posts make you mad, so who gives a $hit what you’re tired of

24. Teddy Bluegrass
    4:44 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

more louisville fans on this board than usual, how’s that “shitty” music city bowl victory? Guess since it’s a linebeard victory it’s almost as important as a BCS championship. I wish I could be as self-soothing as the shitchicken fan base.

25. Blue
    4:45 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Meh, that wasn’t a meltdown. It was Ricky being awkward and defensive. Still entertaining though.

26. pat Tanaka
    4:55 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Tyler, where is the meltdown? Maybe you just linked the wrong video.

• jwa
      10:59 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

If anything this post by her should be pulled because its a total meltdown of any education that she may or may not have received from the city of Danville.

• Impostor
      2:34 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

^^ well said “UK fan” ^^

She writes one word, and its enough for you to attack her education, and essentially defend the lying, cheating sleazeball that is Rick Pitino. Interesting.

27. TheNewOriginal
    5:06 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Where was the meltdown? Seemed pretty rational to me.

28. bob
    5:11 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

LOL UK Big Board..Yes Texas AM had a back up QB and we had 3 defensive players out…Funny UK has lost 5 in a row to UL back up QB’s

• BigBlueBoom
      7:35 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

All of your quarterbacks are backups. Jackson was clearly the best all season, so to say we lost to your backup is ignorant. L1C8

29. ukcats1
    5:12 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Not surprised by what I heard, I’m inclined to agree with Bozich on this one. “If Pitino micro manages every little thing that goes on in his program, He knew what was going on but just turned his head. He wouldn’t have ever talked about it if they hadn’t gotten caught.
    I guess money trails and phone records aren’t enough info to prove that inappropriate things were going on?

30. ukcats1
    5:13 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

I guess the photos were fabricated too?

• Jenny from the BlueBlock
      7:24 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Damn, you guys didn’t even watch the video. He clearly said he thinks there was BS going on with strippers. He was just saying you’re an idiot to think he or any of the other highly paid coaches would jeopardize their salaries with foolishness like that. He said he believes that one former employee did it — he just doesn’t know why. And he was clearly telling the truth — because he’s such a bad liar.

31. Yup
    5:19 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Lots of Pitino apologists on here today….

• BigBlueBoom
      7:37 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Lol making money for ksr by bitching about content. Why let it go when posts like this are the most popular? Is good business, moron.

• BigBlueBoom
      7:38 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

*it’s

• Phelps
      8:20 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

The number of comments on a site doesn’t make KSR any money. The number of unique/individual visits make money.

32. John Sydney Wright
    5:22 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

It’s friggin sad that UK fans have such pathetic lives that they’re still on this finger gate bullshit. I wish he’d have MOONED yall. He brought your program back from the toilet bowl,and Yall have shown no gratitude whatsoever. You are pathetic. You insult the mans wife on his return to Rupp. You have no class,never will. This man has a SPOTLESS record of compliance with NCAA rules and regulations( unlike your current coach who has left a trail of sanctions and forfeited seasons and Final Fours everywhere he’s coached. Shame on you,and PISS on you….

• theSkinny81
      5:50 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

There is so much hypocrisy in this post, it’s beautiful. I’m sure if Cal did that, you delusional bastards would’ve just laughed it off, right? No big deal.

The nice thing is, our coach is 8-1 vs your adulterous lying coach, so he’s not been turned insane by being owned by his rival.

Even though we have his name in the rafters, this notion that Pitino “saved our program” is incorrect. He is one of 5 different coaches, over 7 decades who have added titles. Rick gave us one title, the same number Cal, Joe B and Tubby have.

As far as your “SPOTLESS” record, you might want to check your facts involving Pitino and compliance.

• Tonto
      6:04 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

theSkinny81 speakem truth.

• Linda
      6:29 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

John Sydney Wright, well said and best post I’ve seen so far. But, I have learned thru the years to ignore the arrogant mouths of UK fans, they hate UL more than anything in this world so anything they have to say means absolutely NOTHING…they are so ignorant to see that UK is not without dirt… and that what comes around goes around…..I myself will just sit back and wait to see what the NCAA and all the investigations bring forth. Until then, just let UK keep blowing trash out of their mouth like we are all used to hearing, means NOTHING, just STILL mad that Petino went to UL. The things the fans were shouting at Rick, his wife and the players at the UL, uk game was all I needed to hear to let me know exactly what UK fans are made of.

• bigblueforever
      6:36 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Pitino has at least 7 NCAA violations recorded. Cal has zero. And the Pitino violations don’t include the extra curricular stuff. If UL trolls like you are happy with where UL is in the national scene, have it.

• Mildred
      6:42 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Linda is full of shit and bitter and butt hurt that Louisville is an inferior program ran by shady coaches and administrators.

L1C8

• Ha!
      10:19 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

The person who insulted his wife the most was Rick, after his tabletop party with Karen Sypher.

Get over yourself.

#L1C8

33. Johnny Jones for hall of fame
    5:23 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Tyler should be forced to wear a helmet at all times or at least stand in the corner with a dunce cap.

34. Man O War man
    5:23 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Meltdown? Cmon Tyler you are better than this. Wasted my time excited that Ricky was gonna snap or something and never saw it.

• Tonto
      6:13 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Tyler rocks.

Lay off.

……….uncool one.

35. ukcats1
    5:24 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

I wouldn’t apologize for him, he runs the Louisville mafia. Jurich is his side kick!

36. ukcats1
    5:28 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Spotless? You better do your homework!
    His wife, Mistress does it really matter anymore? Rick doesn’t care, he said so himself.

37. Kybred
    5:41 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Are you kidding me? He is actually comparing this case to the Joe Paterno Penn State case? He will never be on Coach Paterno’s level in his wildest dreams. Not his integrity level or coaching status! Absolutely no comparison!!

• 2thepoint
      6:13 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Lets us not forget Joe Paterno knew for years young children and teenagers were being molested by his sidekick yet did nothing about it.

I read Rick’s article on SI which seemed to me he did have a meltdown. He certainly turned on the media because they reported. Of course, he did his best Trump impression for like and dislike of people who agree or disagree with him. Crawford, got the like and Bozich got the dislike in a very negative putdown. Rick tried to say Powell couldn’t even so much as write journal entries much less a book. Well, many authors use ghost writers to better say what they want to say when given outlines of what they want to say. In Powell’s case she gave them a journal with dates, times and names. Sorry Rick, but you also admitted in your press conference scurrilous things happened and you mentioned a “him”. Guilty, Rick, guilty!

• Mercyseated One
      7:39 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Paterno had no idea. There has never been a shred or iota of evidence to the contrary. What Penn State did to him was gutless and sickening.

38. Awwww
    6:05 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

The only proof you need for a Pitino meltdown is his giving the bird on the way out of Rupp. He cracked at that point.

No other respectable coach would do that.

• jwa
      11:21 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Right that was indeed one, But we were falsely led to believe there was another one in a press conference but there wasnt.

• Awww
      12:03 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

I was talking to the folks who are defending Pitino, not defending this video. Do try to keep up. Thanks.

39. Blake X
    6:10 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Nowhere close to a “meltdown”

40. Me03
    7:43 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Why does one UL fan come to this site and post under 10 different names all saying basically the same thing?? We get it. You do not believe it was a meltdown and Tyler destroyed 2016 for you.

• True Catz Pawz
      7:49 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Tyler, stop posting under the name “Me03.”

• UK Big Board Update
      9:30 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

cats paw ousted himself once again. HE’S the one posting under a hundred different names. Loser.

41. BigBlueBoom
    7:43 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

His life has turned into a steaming pile of $hit. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.

• Redneck trash
      8:02 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

He is worth about 100 million while you live in a trailer and have [email protected] with your sister.

• UK Big Board Update
      9:31 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Stay classy, BBN, like this guy…. ^

42. ukcats1
    8:24 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

He’s been using part that $100 mil, as you say, for hush money too! That’s why investigators told Rick to stop his interviewing and investigating on his own. He was paying the people to stay quiet!

43. noelgallagher
    8:39 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

I don’t think this was a meltdown. I appreciate his candor under difficult circumstances. He was our Head coach when I was 13-21 years old and became a Wildcat maniac in that time. I actually believe him and think his banner in Rupp Arena should stay forever.

44. WILDCAT101
    9:51 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

AS YOU MAY HAVE NOTICED RICK GAVE THIS PRESS CONFERENCE IN FRONT OF A FRIENDLY CROWD OF REPORTERS

45. UK Big Board Update
    10:06 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

This is the same dude who has posted the 20 other comments defending Pitino above.

46. Steve
    10:15 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Sorry jackass this is the only comment I’ve ever posted on ksr and not defending anyone because I really don’t give a rats ass all I care about is we have ol miss coming up tomorrow and tired of seeing this shit the is over so let Rick and Louisville be over until next time

• UK Big Board Update
      10:22 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

You don’t give a rat’s ass, but you wrote a paragraph about why you didn’t like it.

You must just be that stupid then….

Off you go!

• Ha!
      10:27 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Steve had to scroll past 9 articles about UK sports to get to this, read it, comment on it, and bitch about how KSR should stick to sports.

What. A. Dumb. Ass…

Matt doesn’t come to YOUR job, Steve, and slap the dicks out of YOUR mouth. You shouldn’t tell others how to do their job.

47. UK Big Board Update
    10:23 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

The lack of periods and abundance of run-on sentences is a true testament to our failing education system in this state.

48. BillW
    10:40 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Pitino brought it on himself. All of it.

49. gcat4496
    10:40 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

It was definitely a meltdown. This was a rambling press conference where Pitino admitted that one of his previous assistance coaches did some “scurrilous things”. He then slammed the NCAA, ESPN and a number of local sports journalist for questioning his integrity with respect to this scandal. I would imagine the the UL President & Jurich are not too happy with this 15 minute rant.

50. ukcats1
    10:54 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Oh, by the way Ricky, Katina isn’t the only one reporting that strippers and money was being thrown around! https://t.co/egZLe6YzRP. It an old article but it carries a lot of weight!

51. BBN
    10:57 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Its not just KSR. The national media is saying the same thing:

“Also noteworthy was Pitino’s tone. It was as if he’d made a New Year’s resolution to ignore any advice given by cautious attorneys and instead go after everyone he believes wronged him in the aftermath of the scandal.

Matt Jones, the host and founder of Kentucky Sports Radio, a powerful pro-Kentucky Wildcats voice who frequently goes after the former Kentucky coach, summed up the news conference perfectly:

“Rick Pitino is going out this year literally and metaphorically with his middle fingers up,” Jones tweeted. “The next few months could be wild.”

52. BBN
    10:58 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Now, make your own damn sandwich. #l1c8

53. jwa
    11:05 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

The national media is saying the same thing about this particular video? Then that further proves the point on why journalism is one of the most least respected professions out there, Don’t you find it odd that other posters and UK fans like myself in this thread don’t see a meltdown either?

• Careful
      11:24 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Be careful. If you say there was no meltdown and you don’t believe everything this site writes, you will be called a Uofl troll.

• Cautious
      12:05 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

Careful, cats paw is on here posting as other people.

• Good Job, Good Effort
      1:00 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

Hahahahaaaaa. You and those “other posters” are not UK fans. Nice try.

54. ukcats1
    11:28 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

Would the term “Lost his cool” been better suited than melt down? Cause he did lose his cool a little bit!

55. ukcats1
    11:30 pm January 1, 2016 Permalink

He lost his cool especially to Bozich when he called him out! Like Bozich said in a later article, “The NCAA will have the final say!”

56. Radmankd
    12:54 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

I wouldn’t call the presser a meltdown.
    Other posters say he was calm and rational. I disagree. Pitino gave a well rehearsed and calculated commentary.He has been saying he was told by legal counsel not to talk about it. Then why did he have a presser? Why ignore legal counsel? He doesn’t care what people think at his age, but, by golly, he has to set the record straight.
    Pitino stated 11 people have said “it” didn’t happen. He ignores the 5 recruits and players that said it did occur.
    Then near the end, Ptino states I don’t know why he (McGee) did it. Well, did it happen or not.
    For a hall of fame coach, this was pretty sad. No meltdown, just pathetically sad.

• L1C8
      12:58 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

Well said. Perfectly put.

57. UK Big Board Update
    1:29 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

Hey Tard fans, go look at the shit your fans wrote to Mrs. Tyler, and then try telling us to stay classy.

What a bunch of losers.

• UK Big Board Update
      1:31 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

*on Twitter

58. jwa
    2:20 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

Who cares what louisville fans say on twatter. Just ignore them. This site gives louisville more publicity and marketing material then UofL ever thought about.

• Impostor
      2:36 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

Yet you care that she wrote this article. Just ignore it, [email protected]

• Impostor
      2:36 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

If anything, this post has separated the trolls from the real fans. 🙂

59. jwa
    11:44 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

I was referring to Uk big board mentioning louisville tweets. I guess your not a real fan unless you spew hatred towards other programs or rivals? Louisville isnt even a rival. I would say duke is a rival. I recall my excitement like it was yesterday when scott padgett hit the 3 at the top of the key “Shot heard round the bluegrass.”

• Ha!
      1:55 pm January 2, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, Louisville is not considered a rival. Hahaha!

You are either reaching, or you are just that f***ing stupid.

Either way, just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself.

60. Harry
    11:49 am January 2, 2016 Permalink

Only UK fans drink the cool aid of a Duke Grad …

• Captain Obvious
      1:53 pm January 2, 2016 Permalink

Its obvious you didn’t attend an institute of higher learning. Si I guess you aren’t a fan of any program?

• Captain Obvious