Picture of UK’s 2016 signees with L’s down now hangs in the UofL weight room

Photo: Card Chronicle

I was already a big fan of UK’s 2016 recruiting class, but they went up another notch in my book when De’Aaron Fox, Sacha Killeya-Jones, Bam Adebayo, and Malik Monk posed with L’s down at the McDonald’s All-American Game in March. That picture went viral, and it turns out that the Louisville coaching staff noticed it as well. According to this pic from Mike Rutherford, the picture now hangs in the UofL weight room.

I guess when you’ve lost eight of the last nine and your program is mired in scandal, you’ll take any motivation you can get.

(If you’re looking for some laughs, check out this Louisville message board thread about the picture. Goodness me.)

29 Comments for Picture of UK’s 2016 signees with L’s down now hangs in the UofL weight room

1. ukblue22
    11:14 am May 2, 2016 Permalink

Living there Rent Free!

2. Mc12
    11:24 am May 2, 2016 Permalink

I don’t understand why they have a picture of people simulating the positions that Katina and her hookers used on recruits and players underneath the picture though.

3. Booby Petrino
    11:52 am May 2, 2016 Permalink

I like how you took out the links to the Card sites. When you had them linked earlier, I took the click bait. My goodness that message board about the pic is almost too delusional to be funny. Almost. I mean I still got some laughs. But man, Card fans are really, really dumb.

• Booby Petrino
      11:53 am May 2, 2016 Permalink

My apologies, you didn’t take the links out. They are just showing up differently on my computer than they were on my phone.

4. jman3715
    11:53 am May 2, 2016 Permalink

Maybe they should put up a sign that says 1-8. You would think that would be motivation enough.

5. Did they also post a pic of the UL fan with the pistol under the teddy bear’s chin?

6. somerset bill
    12:03 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

surely this stays up until the game. then, they lose the game, and someone has to come in and deal with this picture. heh.

and someone needs to photoshop that red to blue on those mcdonalds unis?

7. Mathlete
    12:17 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

Let’s cut little brother a break. At some point I’m going to start feeling sorry for them, and I don’t want that to happen.

8. ukbradstith
    12:27 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

Read through the first page of comments, don’t have time or desire to read anymore, but they don’t really seem funny or absurd or anything. Heck, if I read some UK fans comments on here, a UK board, they actually seem worse. Maybe the good stuff is on the next page or two.

9. ukbradstith
    12:29 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

I think this may be the year they finally beat us. On the road, basically a team of freshmen…we’ll be better than them by the end of the year, but UL will be top 10 preseason. Hope I’m wrong.

• Catsby80
      12:47 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

Just depends on what our chemistry is like by that time… Our talent will be better, but who knows if we’ll be playing as a cohesive unit by that time.

• thabeast
      12:54 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

Well we will be top 2 preseason so…

• ukbradstith
      1:17 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

We will be top 2, but we won’t stay there. This year may be a little like 2014, top rated recruits but too many freshmen. I think we are final four good by the end of the year, but we take our lumps early.

• A_Blue_Wildcat
      1:47 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

They could, but remember the Brandon Knight team was full of freshmen and they blew out Louisville at UL in a game where UK was the underdog.

• Catphn3
      2:52 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

You are giving UL a lot of credit too. Lewis and Lee accounted for 27 ppg, their next 3 top scorers combined accounted for 26. Their entire season is hinging on Mitchell taking the next step, Onnuaku coming back, Tony Hicks performing like Damion Lee and VJ King not playing like freshman normally do under Pitino. Also, you can’t say whether or not Pitino will even be the coach their next year yet which means the team may not even look like it does right now when all is said and done….

• nicky
      6:40 am May 3, 2016 Permalink

@ A Blue – That team also had Senior Harrelson who scored 23 points and Senior Liggins and junior D. Miller….so way more experience especially for road game

10. Catphn3
    2:53 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

there not their 🙁

11. Sentient Third Eye
    2:57 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

To be completely honest about it, the most surprising thing is that Louisville’s coaching staff is still there to hang anything up.

12. wildcat502
    3:11 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

I like the comment saying we`re their super bowl. I guess that fan forgot who he was talking about. We are the University of Kentucky, number 1 in all time wins. We only charge the court if we win the National Championship. We take a back seat to NO ONE.

• ukbradstith
      3:41 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

I listen to a few minutes of Captain Suntan everyday until I can’t take it anymore, just for the idiotic things he will say. He probably posted it. I literally think everyone on the radio in Louisville, even the UL guys, are talented and/or entertaining, but he is a moron.

13. bigclubswinger
    3:49 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

I like the crystal that says “Adversity allows us to know who we really are.” If I were UofL I’d just try a counselor to find themselves rather than adversity at this point.

14. RICKSVD
    5:08 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

Jurich is a dirty bastard.

15. Jiminy Crickets
    5:50 pm May 2, 2016 Permalink

No offense to UL but they BETTER beat us this year. Pitino has likely got 1-2 years left of this circus he has created, UK will be starting 4 freshman and it’s AT Yum. They shouldn’t need a pic of 4 high school kids to get up for this game. Personally, I honestly think UL wins, but only if Onoaku comes back. Pitino teams are just as far from being cohesive in December as Cals teams are. This will be talent vs talent, and I like our chances, but being a first true road game will be a big challenge

16. playmorezeppelin
    8:02 am May 3, 2016 Permalink

Tried to make a cardinal authority account so I could have a nice, healthy debate with little brother. Apparently the screen name KarenCSypher wasn’t approved to make posts.

17. Chip Chipperson
    1:07 pm May 3, 2016 Permalink

So they have fans complaining about being1-8 and we have fans that say it might actually hurt the rivalry if they don’t win. What’s that say about the state of the two programs. case closed