PHOTOS: Must-see shots from UK Basketball Photo Day

© Mark Zerof

This morning, I logged in to our USATSI (USA Today Sports Images) account to find a sad football picture for a post, but was pleasantly surprised to find a few dozen pictures from yesterday’s UK Basketball photo shoot. It was like Christmas! The photos, taken by Mark Zerof, are truly impressive, so what better way to celebrate Big Blue Madness being 27 days away than sharing them with you today?

© Mark Zerof

If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it a million times: there’s no way Bam Adebayo is only 19.

21 Comments for PHOTOS: Must-see shots from UK Basketball Photo Day

1. Catsby80
    10:13 am September 16, 2016 Permalink

I notice two things… 1) The new logo is not on the basketballs, nor is it on the blue backdrop that they’re using for pictures, which is interesting… 2) Bam is enormous.

Sidebar, I think Malik is going to be my favorite player this year.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:16 am September 16, 2016 Permalink

At least with the new uni’s Briscoe won’t have to roll his shorts up anymore. Is Cal going to let him have his mouthguard back?

3. ky1988
    10:27 am September 16, 2016 Permalink

Bam looks like young Dwight Howard.

4. J-Dub421
    10:29 am September 16, 2016 Permalink

This basketball team is going to be fun.

5. Ohio Cat
    10:34 am September 16, 2016 Permalink

Adidas goes to sleeves. Nike goes the opposite way with tank tops??

6. stoopstroops
    10:47 am September 16, 2016 Permalink

From the KENTUCKY across the chest down, they look great. From the chest up they look awful.

7. DT in DC
    11:17 am September 16, 2016 Permalink

Looks like our shorts are going to be a few inches shorter than they’ve been in several years. Is this how the kids are wearing them these days?

• yarg
      12:09 pm September 16, 2016 Permalink

This is what I came to ask, also. They seem a lot less baggy than most basketball shorts, too.

8. a21CATSfan
    11:24 am September 16, 2016 Permalink

These nostalgic pics inside of Memorial are great. If they were in black and white that would be sick. After seeing these jerseys in action shots they’re actually growing on me. Hopefully they will project on your tv because this recruiting class is too important to mess up with an ugly jersey. Doesn’t really matter if we like them, or if ex-players like them, it matters if 16-17 year old kids like them. And I guarantee if one of the players preferred longer shorts they would have them.

9. Patches
    11:28 am September 16, 2016 Permalink

Where is Willis ?

• Billy Hill
      12:12 pm September 16, 2016 Permalink

Wheres Isaac? Where’s Dom? WHERES BRAD?!?!? Ehrmagerd!!!

You’re an idiot.

10. roundball fool
    11:45 am September 16, 2016 Permalink

Agreed on the Memorial setting. I think the uniforms are a nice mix of new & traditional.

11. BLUEVADER
    11:46 am September 16, 2016 Permalink

They beed to have blue trim around the shoulder arm pit to balance the neck trim out. Who is the person doing these designs? They do not know wtf they are doing! Its like nike has an anti UK guy doing their logos uniforms. Lol that wildcat head looks like 2 birds getting it on. Who ever is in charge of Kentucky designs need fired!

So how do you know Bam isn’t 18? You look at his birth certificate?

12. mj7juice
    12:27 pm September 16, 2016 Permalink

These uniforms are awful. Try again Nike, this is a bush league attempt.

• WildcatScratchFever
      1:38 pm September 16, 2016 Permalink

They’re so bad it makes you wonder if Nike is doing this on purpose. If I was in the UK administration I’d be asking Nike for a redo. These are really bad. Not Adidas bad, but close.

• a21CATSfan
      1:50 pm September 16, 2016 Permalink

Nike may be in on the whole Duke/Kentucky “rivalry” too just like ESPN and the NCAA. And those two are not on Kentuckys side. Dukes jerseys are never changed.

13. CrazyCayts
    1:28 pm September 16, 2016 Permalink

In a way, this kind of reminds me of the Fab Five in that it seems our guys are making a statement by bringing back the “preppier” short shorts. If you recall, prior to the Michigan Fab Five, no one had really seen players wearing long shorts and honestly, in a way, they influenced not just basketball players, but society as a whole with the baggy shorts trend. Must say, I like!

14. somerset bill
    1:29 pm September 16, 2016 Permalink

two posts of player photos and i’m already starting to get used to the checkerboard.

15. ronzo
    3:51 pm September 16, 2016 Permalink

Where are Tai and the rest of the guys?

16. Broski
    6:37 pm September 16, 2016 Permalink

I just realized I love the checkerboard on the shorts, but should be undertstated in the tops.