Photo of the Day: John Calipari and Tubby Smith together in Phoenix

cal-tubby

Well would you look at that.

Kentucky’s most recent national champion head coach ran into the one before him while at the Final Four in Phoenix today.

Cal, wearing his new Jordan Brand Kentucky gear (start the rumors!), shared a photo of the two on Twitter:

Tubby is of course wearing Cal’s old school’s gear, which is bizarre.

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for Photo of the Day: John Calipari and Tubby Smith together in Phoenix

1. abbott14
    4:08 pm March 30, 2017 Permalink

is there any chance the school gets a home game with Memphis so tubby can come back and get his name in the rafters?

2. Angelo
    6:11 pm March 30, 2017 Permalink

Any coach who wins a championship should be in the rafters!

3. UKfanman01
    9:14 pm March 30, 2017 Permalink

I think it’s a shame Tubby hasn’t been put there yet. Everyone knocked his recruiting and the whole Lorton ordeal, but if you’re a true fan and you know anything about basketball, you’re going to take the All Stars over Mr Kentucky Basketball

4. dballrb
    11:34 pm March 30, 2017 Permalink

Some things in life come full circle.Hope Tubby does well at Memphis.

5. Catsby80
    7:57 am March 31, 2017 Permalink

But seriously – what about Cal rocking that UK Jordan gear? I’ve said for a long time I wish UK would be Jordan brand, but never thought it would happen. I just don’t think they’d give another blue blood school the sponsorship out of respect or whatever for UNC. I really really wish this would happen.

6. tubby b smith
    8:00 am March 31, 2017 Permalink

i had a good time

7. CatsFanFrankfort
    8:21 am March 31, 2017 Permalink

Yea, that’s sick. Where can I get one of those Jordan brand UK pullovers?? I want one!