Paul Biancardi is Very High on Tyler Herro

A small subset of Kentucky fans probably weren’t too surprised that Tyler Herro emerged as the leading scorer of the Bahamas trip. If you followed his exploits in high school, you were well aware the kid could light up the scoreboard. Nevertheless, Herro was the lowest ranked recruit in Cal’s 2018 recruiting class, so having some trepidation about him stepping into a leading role wasn’t a crazy thought before the team hit the court together.

It might be a crazy thought now.

ESPN’s Paul Biancardi claims that he never had any doubts about Herro’s role at UK:

“I saw him … all these guys, whether you’re ranked No. 10 or No. 30, you have to understand, you’re one of the most elite players in the country. So it’s up to those guys to decide where they’re going to fit in,” Biancardi said. “Just because people say, ‘Well he was the lowest-ranked guy in the class,’ that means nothing. He’s still a top 30 player. He’s a guy who I pictured that, just like all the rest, would come in and start.”

“I think the reason why he was so productive, he’s maybe the best shooter on the team, obviously,” Biancardi said. “He’s got the efficiency in his game, he’s got IQ. He reads the game really well at a young age.”

[247Sports]

If the Bahamas was any indication, Tyler Herro might just be the guy who deserves to have the ball in late game situations. He fills it up from literally everywhere on the court.

Cue “My Hero” by the Foo Fighters.

@JayWinkKSR

Article written by Jay Winkler

Avid fan of UK Athletics, WWE, and chicken wings. Preferably at the same time.

33 Comments for Paul Biancardi is Very High on Tyler Herro

1. michaelb
    12:06 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

I said on here 6 months ago that herro was gonna be a sneaky one & done ala James young . The big tuna knows all bwaha

• Luether
      8:55 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

Hope he plays D a lot better than Young did and also fares better at the next level than Young…

2. Jiminy Crickets
    12:22 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

Biancardi must be racist and only saying this because he’s white (basic argument on this site a week ago when majority of fans chose Herro as their favorite).

3. syrin23
    1:01 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

It’s time for a lot of KSR a’holes to eat crow. I said the DAY HE SIGNED WITH UK, that he was the player we’ve needed for years, and the a’holes here were all over me for it. We need an athletic lights out shooter. Cal should recruit at LEAST one player of this mold every single season. And no streaky shooters like we’ve had the past several years. More Doron Lamb, Tony Delk types.

4. BPatte
    1:04 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

I believe Herro will score a lot this year but PJ and Johnson will be the leaders. Big difference between scorer and leader!

• Luether
      8:56 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

Please explain the difference to us…

5. CHUCKCTSV
    1:55 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

I remember after one of the all star games that Zion Williamson noted that Herro could ball.

6. runningunnin.454
    2:18 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

Wish we could leave race out of it; all our players are….true blue.

• 4everUKblue
      2:27 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

Amen RG!

• Papaw
      4:45 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

I agree with Aixel 100%

• TPACAT
      11:57 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

Looks like ole’ Aixel got “moderated”… Opinions in conflict with those of the moderators will not be tolerated on this website.

• wyatts1
      3:43 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

1000% agree!! If this becomes a repetitive storyline for KSR then I would have to respectfully stop my seemingly million clicks through out a day. Like coach Cal said “let’s ball”

• TBW3011
      8:22 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

I agree. The leader of this site started it. Tell him that.

7. CombatMedic_98
    3:12 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

True who cares about skin color…but this kid did not get the credit due and the recognition by stats alone because he is WHITE…PERIOD!

• wyatts1
      3:39 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

It’s sad but true, you are exactly right. He will be our clutch guy because of the adversity of being a white player in a majority black dominated game. He was tested every single game he played in high school because of the stereotypes that white people cant ball as well or have the athletic attributes that blacks have and dominate this game with, which is usually true. Now nothing I said was racist or mean hearted it is what it is, like it or not. Like the guy said above your comment if they are wearing blue then race isn’t a issue and “we all bleed blue”.
      On a different note I sure hope this isn’t going to be a consistent story throughout the year, and hope sites like KSR radio and others don’t bite on this topic for the clicks or the ratings. Like coach Cal said “LET’S BALL” and like I (and I know the vast majority of UK fans) hope that all the race baiting crap disappears

• CombatMedic_98
      10:09 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

Nicely spoken…

• Luether
      8:59 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

Democ Rats care about skin color. To them, if you’re not white, you’re a victim and so must be dependent on Big Government…

• Wade
      10:28 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

Gtfo

8. CombatMedic_98
    3:15 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

He is the best athlete on the team

9. (Aixelsyd)0505
    3:46 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

WTF?! I believe Kentucky has had other white players before… the real racist are the ones who trying to make it a race issue. #whitelivesmatter2

10. az1006
    5:02 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think the fact he is white is the issue by itself…He’s white, and won that meaningless poll in a landslide. It isn’t all that surprising, based on the way he played. The question is, if all the stats were the same, and Keldon or PJ were the white player, and Herro were black, would he have still won the poll in the same fashion? Idk. Doesn’t matter one way or the other to me, but I had that thought when I saw the poll results, too.

• CombatMedic_98
      9:36 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

And he got less minutes of play and yet had a higher points-to-playing time than everyone on both teams…WOW! Wonder WHY!? Oh yeah he’s a 4-star!!! Got it!

11. wootdawg
    9:40 pm August 19, 2018 Permalink

Luether is a dumb racist . What a clown

• TPACAT
      12:07 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

Careful there, Slick. That’s not an accusation you should just casually throw around…

• Wade
      10:29 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

Amen… block that idiot

12. TBW3011
    8:21 am August 20, 2018 Permalink

Biancardi just likes white people! Right Matt?

13. jsuge20
    9:11 pm August 21, 2018 Permalink

Can it be a race thing without being a racist thing?? I mean come on people, we all know that UK is never going to fill its team with 5 star white guys. I would say that around 70% of UK’s fan base is white. While in the past 20 yrs probably 98% of UK’s contributions have came from black players. Is it not OK for people to be excited when an underrated and unexpected white guy comes in and lights it up?? We all know that white guys are a minority when it comes to basketball, so its ok to pull for an underdog and to be happy for a guy that wasnt seen to be as good as he has shown.