Pat Forde retains title as Calipari’s biggest hater

forde-sucks-all-the-Ds

I’m not going to read it. I’m not going to link to it. But I will let you know that Pat Forde is still the biggest John Calipari hater in the universe. Just blatant hate toward Cal on Yahoo whenever he can.

Let me fix that for ya, Patty Volleyball.

forde-new-tweet

Article written by Drew Franklin

35 Comments for Pat Forde retains title as Calipari’s biggest hater

1. Blasphemy
    10:45 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

Matt says don’t tweet what you want to tweet out…… but I’m here to encourage you. Go for go gold Drew!!

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

I second this. Let Forde have it Drew. Be merciless.

• Dude
      12:09 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

Bring the pain, Drew. It’s time.

2. RICK
    10:52 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

I am not going to his article, please don’t give him any hits.

3. Everyone knows Forde is a jerk, but Cal brought this one on himself with what he said at his 1st draft after coming to UK. To this day when he’s questioned on it he doubles down, sooooooo……..

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

Forde is the idiot who tried to tell us that Petrino has changed because he caddied for his daughter. He is a troll. I will never read and article he writes ever again. Do not defend him.

• Not defending him (I agree with everything you said about Forde), but casting at least some of the blame where it belongs.

• Dangers
      11:34 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

The fact that Cal puts the success of his individual players ahead of the success of the program is exactly why he recruits as well as he does though. As a fan, I may prefer national championships over draft success, but the draft success is what brings the top players to Kentucky. Sure we don’t win every year, but that’s the nature of a single elimination tournament. It’s not always strictly the best team that wins. Sure I’d love to see players stay longer, but ultimately that’s why they come to UK: because they know it’s the best place they can be to achieve their ultimate goal. A lot of people hold that against them. I don’t. I think if any of us were guaranteed to go in the first round of the draft or had hit our ceiling as Dakari and the Harrisons had, we’d be stupid not to cash in.

TL;DR- Cal’s philosophy is perfectly valid for what he’s trying to do, and as fans, we benefit. It may not be perfect, but it works more than it doesn’t.

4. Franklinstein
    11:10 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

The twins made more money on there after the season autograph tour then Harrell will make playing basketball

5. David8577
    11:12 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

Is Pat a man or a woman? Also, Yahoo still exists?

6. J-Dub421
    11:24 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

Wayne Blackshear went undrafted. Where’s that headline??

7. inside info2
    11:32 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

I agree with the spirit of Forde’s headline. I hope Coach Cal was hired to win titles, but he sure doesn’t act like it. I know he is using “Players First” and “Greatest Night in UK History” as recruiting tools. But the Greatest Night quote rubbed the majority of fans the wrong way but Cal’s ego couldn’t apologize to a bunch of southern hicks so he doubles down on the statement every chance he gets. It’s ok you hicks that we didn’t win a title, I’m getting a few select guys that would’ve been drafted wherever they chose to spend their one or two years in college drafted. Thanks Coach.

• J-Dub421
      11:40 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

If we don’t get the best players, then we don’t even have the opportunity to win titles. Why do you not understand this?

• inside info2
      11:45 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

Thanks for that wonderful insight J-Dub.

That wasn’t what I said. Cal can get the best players without pooping on the fans. And if he does accidentally poop on the fans he can backtrack or–gasp–apologize instead of doubling down on it because of his crazy ego.

I’m glad we have Cal and his teams have been fun to watch. He can do what he does without some of the statements he makes.

• Great American
      11:45 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

He also said this:

“This, though, takes all that to another level, and mainly it’s because of those banners you see. They don’t hang banners here for anything other than a national championship.”

“We weren’t a part of many of those 2,000 wins and we had a job to do and that was drag us across the line before that other blue team got there,” John Calipari said at the time. “This is a special moment for this program and this state.”

• J-Dub421
      11:49 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

Cal is prone to hyperbole. He’s made our program relevant again and has us in the hunt for the title pretty much every year. We’ve been to 4 final fours in 5 years. Cal doesn’t have to apologize to you, me, or anyone else. Don’t take his comments so personally.

• Dude
      12:12 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

insideinfo2 is the type of dude who has his kid beg for autographs at the Final Four, after Cal nicely requests down time to let the players focus on the upcoming games. Its these entitled fans I hate the most.

• inside info2
      1:32 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

Dude, you’re the type of fan that can’t have a debate without resorting to name-calling and personal attacks. You might want to look in a mirror before criticizing others.

J-Dub, I and many other fans found that specific comment disrespectful. Normally, if I make a comment that people find to be over the line I apologize. Cal’s ego won’t let him do that. I always say I am thankful of Cal and what he has done for the program when I criticize him (which isn’t often). In this specific case though I think he is in the wrong. My apologies to you for not towing the Big Blue Line.

• J-Dub421
      2:41 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

You don’t have to “toe the big blue line” nor do you need to apologize to me. I simply disagree with you and we’ve both voiced our opinions in a mostly respectful manner.

8. RICK
    11:42 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

INSIDE, The majority of the fans ,you mean your 2 friends because the fans i talk to are ok with it. But you are right THANKS COACH for some of the greatest basketball and fun i have ever had.

9. ZombieLibrarian
    11:46 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

This could really hurt the program. There are literally dozens of people who go to Yahoo! for sport news.

• Carlton Banks
      11:58 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

I laughed and then I checked Alexa. I’m not hating on your comment but Yahoo is the #5 overall site and #2 sports site, by traffic. I would not have guessed that. Either way, F Forde.

10. CPACAT
    11:56 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

“yhoo.it/C7P1” I see what you did there Drew Franklin

• ukjaybrat
      12:13 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

HA ! i didn’t even notice that. good eye CPACAT !

11. syrin23
    12:22 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

It’s a DARK DARK day in hell when I have to agree with Forde. Hang the banner in Rupp. We won the national draft day. NCAA Championships are a secondary bonus if they come.

• J-Dub421
      12:29 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

For the millionth time, name a coach we could get who’s better.

• Xander
      12:53 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

Little Dicky Pitino, Jr.

• J-Dub421
      1:02 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

I said better Xander, not way worse.

• J-Dub421
      2:43 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

No response to my question again I see.

• Leuther
      3:06 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

Agree. The object is to win Natl Championships. Period!

12. Chad b
    12:23 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

I like how we are the only ones to LOSE the ncaa title. Lol we weren’t even the ones in the title game but we LOST the title. Gosh he’s a DOUCHE!!

13. cracka
    12:48 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24598918/nba-mock-draft – Parrish from around this time last year predicted:

1 Jahlil Okafor (fell to #3)
    2 Emmanual Mudiay (went #7)
    3 Stanley Johnson (fell to #8)
    4 Karl Towns (moved up to #1)
    5 Montrezl Harrell (fell to 2nd round, #32)
    6 Cliff Alexander (undrafted #rockchalk)
    7 Mario Hezonja (went #5)
    8 WCS (moved up to #6)
    9 Myles Turner (went #11)
    10 Caris Levert (returned to Michigan)
    11 Kelly Oubre (went #15)
    12 Kristaps Porzingis (went #4)
    13 Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (fell to #23)
    14 Frank Kaminsky (moved up to #9)

guys who jumped in to that top 14:

2 D’Angelo Russell
    10 Justise Winslow
    12 Trey Lyles
    13 Devin Booker
    14 Cameron Payne

14. Man, all of this stuff is enough to give you a headache. I buy tickets.I go to games to be entertained. I wear UK stuff, have a UK man cave and enjoy the success of all of UK’s sports teams. Social media will be the death of us all. Of course the talking heads (media) will try to make the news instead of reporting it. They love the twisted version of any thing that stirs the masses. Me, I love to win, hate to lose and revel in the successes of my UK teams. Simple enough. GO CATS and congrats to all who made it to the next level. Now its on to football and the 2015-16 seasons.

15. D-Square
    2:28 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

Our players talked of representing their new fans, contributing alongside their new teammates, giving a shout out to BBN….for me, they certainly ARE a cause for celebration.

16. Forde's Huge Dome
    4:06 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

How bout Forde talk about all of our guys having their dream come true, smiling ear to ear while group hugging their family AND CAL. How about Trezz & Rozier also receiving the same joy accomplishing their dream & Pitino NOT EVEN THERE. That’s how his program does it. ‘Thanks for busting your rear,sacrificing for the program, & (in a Russian voice) “Don’t let the door hit you, where good Lord split you”. Maybe Pitino is waiting to go next year so he can be with the “7 or 8” players of his that will be playing in the NBA(so hard to type that w/o laughing). What clowns.