P.J. Washington injured in USA training camp

First it was Kevin Knox, now it is P.J. Washington who has gone down to injury at the USA Basketball Men’s U19 World Cup Team training camp in Colorado.

According to Kyle Tucker, who made a special guest appearance on this morning’s show, Washington “vanished” from the floor before the team’s Wednesday morning practice. He has since reappeared and was spotted courtside with a trainer  working out his left leg:

Hot take here: With Knox and Washington both dealing with minor injuries, any chance this is their out to avoid the trip to Egypt?

I’ll hang up and listen.

And hopefully neither injury will linger on into the summer.

UPDATE

Washington told Fletcher Page his lower back got tight in shooting drills and he probably won’t practice tonight.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for P.J. Washington injured in USA training camp

1. ukjaybrat
    1:21 pm June 21, 2017 Permalink

“any chance this is their out to avoid the trip to Egypt?”

i was thinking it… you said it.

2. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    1:29 pm June 21, 2017 Permalink

As soon as Knox had his injury statement put out this morning I immediately thought this is a way to get him back to campus safely without any red flags, now this happening makes that seem like the likely answer. Who really knows, but what a coincidence both players make the 12 man cut and go down on the same day with “tweaks”

3. INCALWETRUST
    2:01 pm June 21, 2017 Permalink

I don’t like it that Cal’s going…a lot going on in the world right now.

4. TBW3011
    2:24 pm June 21, 2017 Permalink

Zero proof, at least in this post, that Washington is even injured. Am I missing something? Stretching your leg doesn’t mean you’re injured.

• BBNDan7
      2:41 pm June 21, 2017 Permalink

It says “lower back tightness”, which would help be stretching. And is technically and injury if it keeps him from playing

• Booby Petrino
      2:49 pm June 21, 2017 Permalink

In all fairness, Dan, TBW posted the comment before KSR updated the post with the lower back info. All KSR had posted was a trainer stretching him out, it really seemed blown out of proportion.

5. KYcats11
    2:29 pm June 21, 2017 Permalink

Cal better stay safe

6. Duff86
    4:08 pm June 21, 2017 Permalink

Def a way out so they do not have to travel to Egypt. As soon as I heard what happened with Knox I was thinking there will be another but I didn’t think ti would come that quickly.