Overanalyzing the Harrisons’ tweets last night

Big Blue Nation can be a little crazy at times, often when it comes to rumors surrounding a recruit’s decision, or most recently, who is staying and who is going after the season. That’s pretty evident right now as several fans spreads rumor after rumor about the Harrison twins, trying to read into their each and every move throughout the decision making process.

Let’s join in on the paranoia today as we await the final decision by overanalyzing the twins’ tweets from last night. Judging by these tweets, they’re absolutely going pro.

*****

Oh no. Aaron wants to be drafted by Houston, his hometown team. Houston will have a late first round pick and an early second round pick in the draft. Houston needs a shooting guard to back up James Harden. Aaron is currently ranked No. 33 on Chad Ford’s Big Board, a late first-rounder or early second-rounder. He’s begging Houston to draft him! He’s going pro!!!

How does he know LaMarcus Aldridge is nasty? Did he work out with Portland recently? Why would he know that? Portland’s in the playoffs, that can’t be it. Maybe he wants to play with Aldridge in Portland because he’s nasty, like good nasty. Plus Aldridge grew up in Texas, too. Aaron’s tweeting about the NBA! The NBA is on his mind! He’s going pro!!!

What does that mean, pointing fingers? Towards the door? Towards the NBA? He said take responsibility. He wants to live on his own and be independent, financially responsible. He’s giving Kentucky the finger and taking action. NO. He’s going pro!!!!

HE WANTS NBA GROUPIES TOO! HE’S DEFINITELY GOING PRO!!!!

Sushi? Malone’s serves sushi. I bet he met with that agent again to finalize the paperwork they went over Tuesday afternoon. No. NO. It’s really happening. They’re leaving!

Think about it…

(S)o long
(U)niversity of Kentucky!
(S)orry But I
(H)ave To Put My Name
(I)n The Draft!

They’re so gone. These tweets support every single thing that guy wrote on the message board about the twins leaving. His friend shared a chile con queso with Aaron Harrison Sr. at the Chili’s Too! while waiting for a flight to Dallas and he knows the whole story.

It was a good run, guys.

Article written by Drew Franklin

87 Comments for Overanalyzing the Harrisons’ tweets last night

1. Jason
    10:19 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

so freaking hilarious

2. Good times
    10:21 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Drew, you’vesufficiently terrified that 5% of the fanbase into hiding in their basement until the apocalypse, or the next basketball season, whichever comes first. 🙂

3. Nutwrap
    10:22 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Like everything else on the internet, I’m going to believe this to be the truth. Guess we suck now with only 9 All Americans instead of 11.

• Conspiracy
      11:07 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

9 All-Americans instead of 11… 9? 11? 9/11! INVESTIGATE 9/11!

• Nutwrap
      11:35 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Oh no! This has to be true too! The Harrison Twins are going to give up their NCAA eligibility to figure out who was behind 9/11?

4. twin-sanity!
    10:22 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Drew you just summed up the thoughts and feelings of pretty much every member of BBN with that post. Nice work!

• Mc
      10:26 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

I have a strange feeling that a majority of BBN will be fine with whatever decision they make, and aren’t this maniacal.

5. Katie
    10:24 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

I prefer Tyler Ulis as the starting PG. The problem is I’m not sold on Devin Booker making an immediate impact, so there will be a void in the backcourt obviously if the twins leave. The team will really miss the scoring James Young provided during the slow starts. He kept the team in 5-6 games they would have lost.

• ukbradstith
      11:18 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

If you think 5 foot nothing Ulis si going to be better than a Sophmore Andrew, I have some ocean front property in Kentucky to sale you.

• Keith walker
      1:54 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

True katy

• Windy City Steam
      4:31 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

You are crazy if you think size has anything to do with it… Tyler is a “true pg” which is what this year’s team needed… that was Calipari’s first so called “tweak” was getting Andrew to get his teammates more involved… that won’t be a problem with Tyler… The kid has game, and is a threat as a scorer too… don’t pay too close attention to size, Look at Shabazz Napier and Russ Smith… you don’t have to be 6’6″ but in the end if you are you will have a better career most likely… I’m hoping the Harrison kids stay too but if they do go, don’t get too down, BBN is gonna love Tyler… The kid has handles like I’ve never seen before… and has sick passing skills… potential to be the next
      .. dare I say Rondo… best part Tyler is a 4 year player!

6. CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG
    10:25 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Great post Drew!

7. BR549
    10:28 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Andew’s yellow backpack means he’s going to Golden State or Indiana, Aaron’s red backpack spells Houston or Clippers.

8. Musehobo
    10:31 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Till someone complains cause they didn’t get the joke, 3, 2, 1..

• Sam
      10:54 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

You can “get” a joke and it still not be funny.
      Like this post…

• Nutwrap
      11:37 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

I’m trying to “like” your post and I can’t…

9. Chris
    10:34 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Hate to ask? But with all the feedback we know they already have, and everyone else in the country has already made their decisions.. Any idea what they are waiting on to decide?

• UKBlue1!
      10:39 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

For all we know the decided. They have no obligation to say anything…..or they can continue screwing with the media. They are 19 years old.

10. ericc
    10:37 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

this post is hilarious. You’re the man drew

11. John
    10:40 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

It would not bother me if the twins didn’t come back…. Not having a quick PG really hurt us against UCONN… their guards killed us….

• Polsonfor3minutes
      10:44 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

You’re an idiot.

• John
      10:46 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Shabazz Napier, G 22
      Niels Giffey, G 10
      Ryan Boatright, G 14

The rest of the UCONN team only scored 14 points…..

• John
      10:51 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Well Polson wannabe …. You don’t even know me … are you an expert on the matter? The twins sucked all season, then Aaron lucked in three shots…. three shots doesn’t make a good player. They just happened to be game winners. My friend you are the idiot thinking the twins are worth a crap.

• The Buzzer
      10:51 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Well, without them Kentucky wouldn’t have had the opportunity to get beat by UCONN’s guards, so…your point is what?

• John
      10:53 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Aaron Harrison, G 7
      Andrew Harrison, G 8

Napier out scored both of them combined ….. DUH!!!

• John
      10:56 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

No… without the rest of the team UK would not have played UCONN ……. the twins were a small part of the complete team. Were you watching the same games I watched????

• ????
      11:25 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

John-UK fan or Uconn i’m a bit confused.

• John is fcking moron
      12:59 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

John you should be the poster child for why we have the most ignorant worst fans in all of sports. In a normal world it would be obvious you are a troll trying to get attention, but being raised here I know you in fact are being serious. Go cheer for someone else you twat.

• John we don't need to know you
      2:05 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

to know you’re an idiot. You’re comment trumpeted the fact.

12. LdyWldKat
    10:41 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Twins:

– miss deadline for entering draft
    – call press conference for Sunday
    – blame each other for sleeping through the deadline
    – take off jackets revealing their “two and toodoloo” T-shirts

#keeping it real

• MakeMineKYBlue
      5:16 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

LdyWldKat……Yep, that would be REAL alright!! Watch for those “two & toodoloo” shirts…let me know where I can find one!! I have tweaked and PROceeded to succeed…might as well add to the collection!!

13. Jay
    10:44 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

I heard they were transferring to Louisville . . . they said that Coach Little P had earned 15 seconds of fame.

14. Poop or get off the pot
    10:50 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

I’m sure they’ve already made their decisions, and are just toying with us. I mean, what information between now and Sunday is going to change anything?

15. Cayts
    10:51 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

There’s got to be a fibonacci sequence embedded in those tweets somewhere…

16. Handicapped?
    10:52 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Why are they sitting in the handicapped section at the airport? Do they have injuries we do not know about? Sitting in the airport handicapped section is almost as bad as parking in a handicapped space!

17. Big Mouth REX
    10:57 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

yea I have to agree, John is an big Idiot! The Harrisons are great and he doesnt know sh!t

• John
      10:59 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

GREAT Second Rounders …… RIGHT!!!!

18. John
    10:58 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Why did the twins go from Lottery picks in preseason to second rounders at the end of the year!?!?!?! Evidently I am not the only person who thinks they suck!!!!

• Jughead
      11:07 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

No, you are the only person. Just like when you have sex.

• John
      11:11 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Funny…. must mean you are a Voyeur!!!!! If you don’t know what that means …. You like to watch!!!

• Jughead
      11:39 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

It was funny, thanks.

Why do you use capital letters indiscriminately? Is that the Huskie way?

• BillGar
      12:17 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Can we all agree that “potential late-1st round pick/high 2nd-round pick” is not synonymous with “sucks”?

• raccoon
      1:07 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

John, where is Russ Smith projected?

19. John Ellis
    10:59 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

The sushi post obviously means they are serving it up raw to the haters – they’re staying. Eat it raw, couldn’t be clearer.

• Sheeeeeiiit
      11:10 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

True. Hey John Ellis, you wouldn’t happen to live around Nashville?

20. Devan
    11:06 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

This is fantastic. Thanks for a lighter post in the midst of “what are they gonna do??” posts everywhere.

21. John
    11:09 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

If the twins do come back …. Ulis will beat out Andrew at PG….. Booker will beat at Aaron as well. Don’t forget Hawkins …. Andrew will be third string. I think Derek Willis would be better at SG.

• Sp
      11:13 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Shut up stupid

• John
      11:15 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

I also like watching young boys have water balloon fights in their tighty whities for what it’s worth.

• John
      11:20 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Now we know where the term “Fan” came from ….. Fanatics. Blind Fanatics!!!

• nick
      12:52 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

john you seem to be the only one obsessing here? I think you are the insane fanatic of hearing your own bullshit spewed on a uk website. Go back to imamoron.com and leave your comments there

22. Ptroc
    11:13 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

John is clearly a bandwagon fan!

• John
      11:17 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

I’ve been a UK fan for a LONG time …. and I am not blinded by the fact they play for UK. If a player doesn’t play well I will voice my opinion …. MY OPINION!!!! The rest of you blind people can kiss my brown eye…..

• Tom Crean
      11:28 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Kiss my brown eye? Is that a promise?

• Tom Crean
      11:35 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

You promise?

23. John
    11:16 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Does anybody know what there are ads for barely legal boys magazine on my screen?

• John
      11:18 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Nice try dumb A$$

• Real John
      11:22 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Why’d someone call me dumb for asking a serious question? Is this trolling a troll?

24. Pine Tar On My Neck
    11:23 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Watch Captain Obvious Cheating For The Yankees… http://wp.me/p4pLOr-fX

25. John
    11:27 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Wait, now I get it. Napier was great in the first half but didn’t do much in the second half. It took to the twins time to adjust. Not having WCS underneath as a rim-protector (wish I had one of those in jail) made it easier for Boatright and Napier. Maybe the twins aren’t the quickest, but they did adjust. Aaron did a good job defensively on Napier in the second half. He also did a good job shooting over 50% from 3 in the tournament. Both of the twins were our most reliable free throw shooters all season long. If they do return we’ll have depth in the backcourt. I don’t seriously believe Hawkins is better. Also, when I said Willis would be better at the 2, that was just me being a little special. That’s all. I still love you guys. I need someone to hold me.

26. Go Cats Go
    11:28 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

brought to you in the most ridiculous manner possible . thanks for the laugh, Drew.

27. Tez Houston
    11:36 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

yall delusional if unthink ulis and booker gone beat out the twins for starting positions…experience guys experience

28. The For Real John
    11:41 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

The only twins I like are the ones I had implanted in my chest last year. Oh, and the Olson twins before they had any features alert me that they were females.

29. Jay
    11:42 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Willis will jet for somewhere else where he will see some time. Willis is a good kid and I like him, but he wouldn’t beat either of the twins out and his clock is ticking unfortunately.

• joe
      12:26 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Whatttt!!!??? Willis is not a 2 and will not be competing with the twins for minutes he will play the 4 spot to slow to guard a 3

• Jay
      12:31 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Joe, Willis knows with the talent that already exists and with the talent coming he will not see any minutes. I know the spots are different but even with last year, a superb talent (Lee) didn’t see any time until a major injury happened. I like Willis, watched him play, but he is moving on to greener pastures. He won’t hang around like Hood. I hate it, but I don’t blame him. It will be an exciting year

30. John
    11:43 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Does anybody have a rick Pitino poster for sale? Mine is all sticky and stained.

• The For Real John
      11:58 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

Oh come on, that’s not something I would say. Everyone knows I get new/slightly used ones free at the Goodwill.

• The really real John
      12:02 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Also, does anyone have a Band-Aid for my pp? The poster cut me up a bit.

31. The Real John
    11:58 am April 24, 2014 Permalink

If the Harrison Twins come back, Ulis & Booker will be backing them up from the bench. There’s no way they are taking the starting spots from Andrew & Aaron. As for the reason for the delay, it could be that it’s been a tough decision. It could also be that they are preparing for finals week because they do go to class. They have made their decision and will announce when Coach gives them the go ahead. My hope is that they do come back, but they have to make the best decision for them personally. The reason people go to college is so that they can have a career. What I don’t understand is why people have to criticize them and why people can’t just give them space and let them make their choice without feeling stalked and harassed. Why over analyse their every move? They were watching the playoffs last night. They want Houston to win because that’s their home team. Andrew had sushi for dinner. So what?

• The For Real John
      12:04 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

I’m also British and use the world analyse. But I try and fake you all out when I use words like criticize. I say Tolly Ho everyday but it doesn’t bring to mind 3am cheeseburgers. Oh, and when I say I’ve been a UK fan my whole life, it’s true, just the first word of the acronym isn’t University.

32. The For Real John
    12:11 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Really?!!! This is getting ridiculous!! We all know I can’t put a band aid down there. There would be nothing to stick it to.

33. Wheelchairless in Seattle
    12:13 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Wtf are they doing in the handicap section?

34. JLP
    12:15 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Nice post Drew.I enjoyed the caricature of the obsession of UK fans. Perhaps I recognized myself a bit…

35. Billy G.
    12:29 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

That curly-haired guy way in the background — gotta be Alan Cutler. That guy’s relentless when it comes to getting the scoop. Run for it, guys!

36. SUSHI LINE
    1:12 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

(S)taying another year a the
    (U)niversity of Kentucky!
    (S)o excited just thinking about
    (H)aving another shot at that NCAA championship
    (I)n 2015.

37. Rex Chapman says
    2:54 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Andrew to coach the Lakers, its a done deal, he will draft Aaron in the second round. write it down.

Or they will return for another year, improve their stock, lead the team to another FF, and become
    high first round picks with mega $$$$ contracts….write that down too!.

38. NBA Time
    2:58 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

lol its playoff time and every single basketball is freaking out… especially sushi… common, let the kid eat… gotta admit its funny

39. TWINS GO AWAY!!!
    3:28 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Take your slow non-basketball playing A$$es to the Second Round of the Draft!!!! SIGNED S. Napier….:-)

40. BIG BLUE COUNTRY
    4:00 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Twins are not good enough for the NBA… YET…, but who is to say but the NBA and the franchise team that may choose to scout them. Pay attention, the NBA is a far different level than the twins played most of the year. Just watch the playoffs… I’d hate to see them try to take a contract too early and lose out on money. But, either way, I wish them luck. I am sure BIG BLUE will be just fine!

41. huntin chickens
    4:01 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

epic. just epic

42. KevinM
    5:14 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

You think there was hype this year with the Fab 7? You get the twins to come back it this year will be more hyped….write it down.

Andrew and Aaron could both make a roster this year, so if they’ve seen enough of each other, they’re off to bigger and better places…..D-League callups are in their near future should they decide. Perhaps they should ask PJ Hairston.

43. Dale Bruce
    5:48 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Hi. are you all talking about the Harrisons on that, “Pawn Stars” TV show ? Sincerely, Malcom Merriweather McDougal.

44. UK_Tom
    5:54 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

I think Drew is full of BS, I just ran 5 mock draft sites, and not one the twins is listed in the to 60…Now was Alex…Yet someone said in the 30’s of the second round…All that’s fine, but these kids are not ready, noy now shape no how…IF they manage to get drafted, it’ll be late 2nd round, and it’s the D league from day one..because I just can’t see them making through the first cut after practice open next season., on any NBA team today…Now I don’t like ragging on these kids, but someone is filling their heads with BS and in the long run, the kids are one who end up getting hurt….

45. otrain
    7:33 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Twins are coming back I just talked to double A ron

46. MmMM.. turkeys
    12:02 am April 25, 2014 Permalink

Stop worrying and start following MOON TAXI. Your life will be much better for it

47. mike rose
    9:12 am April 25, 2014 Permalink

Matt,

really enjoyed the interview you did with Barry White, and wish him good luck in the NBA draft along with his teammate Julus Randle.