Of course Karl Towns signed up for sophomore online courses

Because he’s the perfect human being, Karl Towns plans to continue his education at the University of Kentucky while playing in the NBA.

Towns was back home over the weekend and he told NJ.com he has already signed up for online courses for his sophomore year at UK. He will balance the coursework and his rookie season in the league, wherever he ends up.

“With any organization I’m with, I’ll be taking them online,” Towns said. “Whether it’s one class, two classes, maybe three, it gets me a step closer to having that degree in my hand.”

Several former Wildcats have taken classes over the summer, but I don’t recall any of them continuing to be a student during their first season in the NBA.

Sometimes I wonder if Karl is real.

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Of course Karl Towns signed up for sophomore online courses

1. Blue Ender
    7:16 pm May 4, 2015 Permalink

Meanwhile, Willie was officially changing his middle name to “Trill”.

2. BigBluSoTru
    7:29 pm May 4, 2015 Permalink

So i guess you really think after signing a million dollar check. He will be sitting at the kitchen table every night on his apple tablet completing online courses. LOL! Hey college student heres a 1,000 complete this crap please.

• mcp157
      8:11 pm May 4, 2015 Permalink

You are a true skeptic. Some folks actually value education.

• Gowcats
      8:22 pm May 4, 2015 Permalink

Umm, that would be several millions that he will sign for, and he impresses me as someone who is a true student athlete. Some people like to learn new things. Intellectual curiosity is a good thing.

• J-Dub421
      9:56 pm May 4, 2015 Permalink

You’re either a trolling Louisville fan, or you learned nothing about Karl Towns this season.

3. RealCatsFan
    11:33 pm May 4, 2015 Permalink

That sound you hear off in the distance is Bobby knight’s head exploding.