Nick Richards put up numbers only Anthony Davis could match against Texas Tech

© Michael C. Johnson | USATSI

© Michael C. Johnson | USATSI

Nick Richards made Kentucky basketball history on Saturday evening.

Putting up 25 points, 14 rebounds, and four blocks in the team’s overtime victory over Texas Tech, Richards became the first Kentucky player since Anthony Davis to put up 20-plus points, 13-plus rebounds, and four-plus blocks in a game.

According to Corey Price of UK Athletics, Davis is the only other player of the John Calipari era in Lexington to put up 25 points, 14 rebounds, and four blocks in a single game, with “The Brow” putting up a similar stat-line against Arkansas back on Jan. 17, 2012.

Impressive. Very, very impressive.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

7 Comments for Nick Richards put up numbers only Anthony Davis could match against Texas Tech

1. mikep
    9:59 pm January 25, 2020 Permalink

Good job Nick. Hard work does pay off. Best of luck the rest of the year. Go CATS

• GoCatz
      10:12 pm January 25, 2020 Permalink

Never thought I would see THIS Nick Richards…love it!!

2. UKCatAttack
    11:18 pm January 25, 2020 Permalink

He’s the closest player we’ve had since AD when it comes to offensive efficiency and ability to block shots. If we make a deep tourney run I could see Nick skyrocketing in the draft to a top 3 pick.

• RAGE
      11:24 pm January 25, 2020 Permalink

I don’t think even if we won it all he could get that high in the draft…I mean no disrespect to Nick Richards and I think he has the ability to do great things in the NBA…. I mean he is a perfect big man for today’s NBA in his ability to run the floor and alter shots… My wife said it best tonight during the game about Nick he is the most improved player in the Cal era here at Kentucky… So I mean no disrespect by saying that I don’t believe he will go that high in the draft no matter how well he does the rest of the season… I do think though he is def working his way into the first round or def can by the end of the season

• ColoradoCatFan88
      11:35 pm January 25, 2020 Permalink

Spot on.

3. ColoradoCatFan88
    11:35 pm January 25, 2020 Permalink

Agreeing with your comment rage

4. J. Did
    1:34 am January 26, 2020 Permalink

Has Nick Rich turned the corner?

Nope. Not yet. Not hardly.

I don’t hear no fat lady singing.

Until then, there is much work to do.