On Wednesday, both the men’s and women’s basketball seasons will tip off, with the men facing Morehead State at Rupp Arena and the women hosting Murray State in Memorial Coliseum. Due to COVID-19, both venues will be limited to 15% capacity with many new game-day protocols in place to provide the healthiest game-day experience for all involved. Here’s a rundown of what you need to know if you’re going to a game at Rupp or Memorial this season.
First off, the entrance to Rupp has moved to High Street due to construction at the arena and Central Bank Center (the two are no longer connected)
Tickets/Entering Rupp Arena and Memorial Coliseum
- Mobile ticketing and parking passes to reduce contact between staff and fans
- Fans are strongly encouraged to save mobile tickets and parking passes in their smartphone’s digital wallet prior to arriving at Rupp Arena/Memorial Coliseum
- Event staff will be available to assist with mobile ticketing upon entry
- Doors will open 90 minutes prior to tipoff
- Ticket holders are encouraged to arrive early
- Physical distancing reminders will be visible in points of entry to allow the proper distance between fans
- New this season for basketball, bags of any sort are strongly discouraged and only 12x6x12 or smaller clear bags will be permitted (see UK Clear Bag Policy)
Inside Rupp Arena and Memorial Coliseum
- Face coverings will be required for all fans at all times with the exception of when fans are actively eating or drinking while sitting in their seats
- Face coverings should fit snugly but comfortably, cover the mouth and nose, and be made of multiple layers of fabric
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization procedures will be in place throughout the venue prior to and during all events
- Fans are required to keep the proper physical distance
- Fans must sit only in their assigned seat. All seating is reserved to maintain physical distancing between parties in the seating bowl
- Signage will be provided in common areas to assist with physical distancing
- Hand sanitization and washing stations will be located throughout the arena
- Concessions will feature cashless transactions option
- Fan feedback at Rupp Arena can be provided in real time by notifying the nearest event worker or post-event by emailing [email protected]
- Fan feedback at Memorial Coliseum can be provided in real time through texting ‘UKBASKETBALL’ and your message to 69050 or post-event by emailing [email protected]
A health screening will be required for all staff and spectators. All patrons will be required to take a temperature check upon entry at Rupp Arena and Memorial Coliseum. Patrons whose temperature reads above the level recommended by the CDC will not be permitted entry to protect the health and safety of all patrons, players and staff.
The list of health screening questions will be posted at or near arena entrances. All will be expected to answer “no” the following questions prior to arrival at Rupp Arena and Memorial Coliseum:
- Do you have a new cough, runny nose, congestion, headache or sore throat unrelated to seasonal allergies?
- Do you have shortness of breath?
- Do you have new muscle aches/pain/fatigue unrelated to training/workouts?
- Have you had nausea, vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
- Have you experienced a new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19?
- Have you had any fever greater than 100.0 or chills in the last 24 hours?
A complete list of the new game-day regulations is available at the UK Athletics Gameday website. Fans with pre-existing health conditions or those who are at a greater risk should consider not attending on-campus sporting events during these unprecedented times. Even with these measures in place, UK Athletics can, in no way, guarantee that fans will not be exposed to COVID-19.