New Bracketology has Kentucky and Louisville in the same region

It’s only December 2 but Joe Lunardi is still plugging away at Bracketology over at ESPN. What are his latest projections following a crazy few weeks in college basketball? Right now, he has Kentucky as a No. 3 seed in the Midwest Region…with No. 1 seed Louisville and No. 2 seed Michigan State:

Also juicy: a potential second round matchup with six-seeded Memphis. Lunardi’s four No. 1 seeds are Louisville, Kansas, Michigan, and Virginia.

Given the parity in the sport right now, Bracketology is meaningless; however, the thought of playing Louisville in Indianapolis to go to a Final Four is enough to get my blood pumping this morning.

[ESPN]

11 Comments for New Bracketology has Kentucky and Louisville in the same region

1. GoCatz
    11:42 am December 2, 2019 Permalink

I guess these are fun to look at for some people but c’mon….I’ve seen these brackets change drastically even the last few weeks of the regular season and with all the conference tourneys. Don’t really know why he keeps doing these updates….things will be completely different on selection Sunday.

2. Fitz
    11:42 am December 2, 2019 Permalink

Yes, totally meaningless at this point but would expect UK to be in the same bracket as UofL and Memphis if they can justify such seeding. Great for ticket sales and tv ratings.

3. Dustin Rumbaugh
    11:56 am December 2, 2019 Permalink

I wish there was a way to lock in a bracket in December. I’d use every limb I have to lock in this one.

4. Bluehender
    12:13 pm December 2, 2019 Permalink

Means absolutely nothing…

• 4everUKBlue
      2:15 pm December 2, 2019 Permalink

Why does anyone even look at those? I stopped paying any attention to them at all.

• The Big Lebowski
      4:38 pm December 2, 2019 Permalink

For fun.

I know the concept is foreign to many but…lol

5. Ben27
    12:34 pm December 2, 2019 Permalink

Louisville will lose to Michigan and again to Kentucky before January 1st. Michigan State already has two losses and is a 2 seed to our 1 loss making us a 3 seed? This makes absolutely no since at all, especially after their loss to Duke on the 3rd. Fun to look at but makes as much since as us falling 9 places after our loss. Duke has a worse loss at home and let’s see how far they drop. Tired of all the politics in sports!

6. BigJohnC
    12:47 pm December 2, 2019 Permalink

Anyone have a bracket from December last year compared to what they were seeded before tourney?

7. CahillsCrossingNT
    3:38 pm December 2, 2019 Permalink

What is this fascination with a bracket that will never exist? Lunardi and Palm are good at what they do, but in the end it’s just speculation.

• The Big Lebowski
      4:40 pm December 2, 2019 Permalink

Yeah, no sense having a bit of fun in December. Gotta keep it serious. Serious! BY GOD!