NCAA Tournament broadcasting teams and court designs revealed

announcers-106378-d2520-1024x606

Onions! CBS Sports just revealed the announcing teams for the NCAA Tournament and for the third straight year, Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery, and Grant Hill will call the Final Four and National Championship. Here are all of the announcing teams:

PLAY-BY-PLAY/ ANALYST REPORTER
Jim Nantz, Bill Raftery, Grant Hill Tracy Wolfson*
Brian Anderson, Chris Webber Lewis Johnson*
Verne Lundquist, Jim Spanarkel Allie LaForce*
Kevin Harlan, Reggie Miller, Dan Bonner Dana Jacobson*
Ian Eagle, Steve Lavin Evan Washburn
Spero Dedes, Steve Smith, Len Elmore Ros Gold-Onwude
Andrew Catalon, Steve Lappas Jamie Erdahl
Carter Blackburn, Mike Gminski, Debbie Antonelli Lisa Byington

Ernie Johnson and Greg Gumbel will again host studio coverage from the CBS Broadcast Center in New York City during the first full week of the tournament, joined by Charles Barkley, Clark Kellogg and Kenny Smith. Johnson will host studio coverage from Atlanta during the second week of tournament action on Thursday and Friday. Studio coverage originating from Turner Studios in Atlanta, hosted by Casey Stern during the first week, will feature Brendan Haywood, Seth Davis and college coaches.  Wally Szczerbiak will contribute to studio coverage from New York City.

The NCAA also released this sneak peek at the courts for this year’s first, second, and regional rounds:

Thoughts?

10 Comments for NCAA Tournament broadcasting teams and court designs revealed

1. MattRice
    3:21 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Oh boy, another year of having to suffer through Jim Spanarkel and Verne Lundquist. I can’t think of a worse combo. 90% of it is off topic babble, if you want to know whats going on in the game in terms of fouls good luck.

2. Willis Wolf Tattoo
    3:32 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

I thought Brad Nessler would be included on a broadcast team- enjoy him. If I had a pick I would choose Ian Eagle and Steve Lavin for the early UK games.

3. Well, it’s a good thing they switch out those decals ever since they had multiple regions meeting at the same site. I know there’s logic behind it, but it’s still weird to me.

4. Oh, and at least 3 Dookies there, 2 of which we beat in 78.

• runningunnin.454
      6:30 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Spanarkel and Gminski still have nightmares with Goose shooting, and shooting, and shooting…..

5. RealCatsFan
    4:53 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

I have to wonder if Cal would be open to being the color commentator for games once he retires. I think he would be very entertaining.

Court designs are a little generic, IMO. I like it when they put something in there that ties in with the location, like they did in 2012 for NOLA or 2013 for Atlanta.

• RealCatsFan
      4:56 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Oh, I see now that these are just for the first three rounds. Hopefully the design for the FF will be more eye catching (without being garish).

6. KevinM
    5:24 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Some have a lot of free time and lots of extra cash to spend to design a ‘First Four’ court. I’m sure those t-shirts are going to be collectibles.

Boring designs of courts Can’t wait for the opportunity to buy a 1X4 piece of each of them!

7. Lip Man 1
    6:15 pm March 2, 2017 Permalink

Like the color choices this year…sure beats that black / dark blue color pattern they had. That was brutal to look at.

8. bluetide
    1:57 pm March 3, 2017 Permalink

Really wish Kara Larson was here. She’s great!

Also no Bill Walton?! 😂