NBA team tries to trick Kevin Knox with weird question, fails

The NBA Combine is essentially one big job interview, which is why the question one team asked Kevin Knox is so inappropriate. Knox told reporters at NBA Draft media day that at the combine, a team tried to trick him into admitting he had a kid, which he does not:

What the hell? I’m pretty sure employers are not allowed to ask questions like that during job interviews, right? Jeez. Props to Knox for keeping his cool.

[mobile_ad]

9 Comments for NBA team tries to trick Kevin Knox with weird question, fails

1. BigBlueBass
    4:14 pm June 20, 2018 Permalink

WOW!!!

2. J-Dub421
    4:20 pm June 20, 2018 Permalink

Out whatever team it was. They deserve public shame for their stupidity.

3. There is no federal law that prevents that question. State and local laws can differ though.

Some people think you also can’t ask “Are you married?” The problem with that, and the one they asked Kevin, is not the question. It is whether you are asking only the women and not the men. If you ask one group you need to ask all. That is my understanding of HR (and it’s kinda sorta what I do).

Now let me qualify everything I just said. Some liberal judge or the EEOC could decide tomorrow that Title 7 does prevent that question even though it’s never (to my knowledge) been interpreted that way. There is always that.

• J-Dub421
      4:49 pm June 20, 2018 Permalink

Asking if Knox had a kid is one thing. Blatantly lying to his face and telling him you “heard he had a kid” is what I really have a problem with.

• 3Goggles
      4:53 pm June 20, 2018 Permalink

Good luck proving what he did or didn’t hear

4. makeitstop
    7:27 pm June 20, 2018 Permalink

You cannot – or should not – ask about kids in an interview. You can ask whether there are any impediments to you getting to work on time or working overtime if needed periodcally, but “do you have kids” is not appropriate, just like “are you married” or “are you pregnant.”

5. CatManDo
    8:02 pm June 20, 2018 Permalink

“Your wife said she wouldn’t tell.”

6. LegggoooCats
    8:31 am June 21, 2018 Permalink

Mrs. TT needs to take off her safety pin and quit getting so easily offended by EVERYTHING. Always easy to spot a liberal.