Mychal Mulder was UK’s leading rebounder tonight

mychal-mulder

One of the few bright spots of tonight’s awful loss was the play of Mychal Mulder. Mulder came off the bench to score five points and grab a team-high eight rebounds in fourteen minutes. Yes, 6’4″ Mychal Mulder was the Cats’ leading rebounder tonight, a telling sign of their struggles inside.

After the game, Mulder was named the UK Radio Network Player of the Game, a well-deserved honor.

“I feel like I was trying to make the most of an opportunity that I got,” Mulder said. “We just didn’t play as well as we could have tonight.”

That’s an understatement, but at least Mulder got some confidence.

38 Comments for Mychal Mulder was UK’s leading rebounder tonight

1. FartsInGayBars
    11:35 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

Why the kid didn’t get more PT is beyond me. Maybe I missed something. He played as hard as anyone else.

2. DelrayCat
    11:38 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

He is FAR better than Briscoe. But I forgot, Briscoe is projected as a 1st round draft pick so Cal MUST play him instead of this scrub.

Briscoe a first round draft pick……hahahahahahahahaha.

Any GM that takes Skal or Briscoe in the first round needs to have their head examined.

• JusSayin
      11:59 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

Chill out. You are forgetting about those games where Briscoe drove and scored at will and shut down the other player.

• Kyblue34
      12:10 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Briscoe shut down Grayson Allen. Other than that, he has been pretty average to mediocre on both ends of the floor. Can’t hit a jump shot or free throw to save his life. Please, he has not drove and scored at will on any team.

• JusSayin
      12:14 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Go back and look at Illinois State, UCLA and Duke games. He did he was shooting like 54% from the field.

• Kyblue34
      12:35 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

He definitely played good in those games, but I wouldn’t say he scored at will. Most of his points came off of fast break layups. He did hit a couple of threes. So, he did well in 3 games out of 14 and we still lost one of them, big whoop. I would still take Mulder over him any day.

• JusSayin
      12:47 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

And thats why you arent a coach who’s been to 4 final 4s in 6 years

3. CopenhagenCat
    11:41 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

My honest opinion how in the hell does Alex Poythress go the draft. Only plays when he feels like it. So much talent going to waste.

• ukbradstith
      12:00 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

He doesn’t go in the draft. No one has him a projected draft pick, and haven’t really in some time.

4. DelrayCat
    11:41 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

Archie Goodwin was FAR better than Briscoe, and he is the 13th man on the 2nd worst team in the NBA and will be out of the league like Teague, Liggins, Lamb, Jorts, Miller, etc. after the season is over. Same with James Young. Another so-called big time one-and-done who done did nothing in the NBA…well except earn a fat paycheck because of the UK effect with little to nothing on the court to show for it. All smoke and mirrors.

11:47 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

Methinks you’re just trolling at this point.

If not, please step away from the ledge.

• tippytoe
      11:52 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

Methinks????What an illiterate asshole^^^^^

• DelrayCat
      11:57 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

Why? Because it is the truth? Let’s face it…Cal has brought great talent to UK. But honestly only 7 players are really good pros (Towns, Davis, Cousins, Wall, Bledsoe, and Knight). The rest are either limited role players (Noel, Booker, Jones) or basically non-existent in the NBA or soon to be foreign league players. This indicates how at least 50% of Cal’s one-and-done players are not going to be NBA players.
      On this current team…I DO NOT SEE A SINGLE GUY WITH THE POTENTIAL TO EVEN BE ON AN NBA ROSTER.

Will some get drafted? Of course. But this team is full of VERY limited role players at best (for the NBA).
      To win a title you generally need at least 1-2 NBA starters to do it. This UK team has zero.

11:58 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

11:59 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

CAL, Y U NO DRAFT LUBRON JAMSE ?!?!!?

• Kyblue34
      12:03 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

UK Big Board Update is the biggest troll on KSR and it’s not even close.

12:06 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Why, for calling out the trolls and haters?

Are you the only one allowed to say shit?

• Kyblue34
      12:19 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

No, because after every single basketball or football game you just go around randomly calling people trolls if they are even the slightest bit critical and even when they are 100% spot on like DelrayCat’s post was. You rarely post any actual thoughts on the game of your own, and one can only assume that you enjoy watching the Cats play bad and lose. You are the worst kind of troll…………

12:20 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Can someone check on DelrayCat’s wife/children/pets and make sure they are okay?

Noel, Booker, Jones are limited role-players? Do you even keep up with the NBA? Because it sounds like you are talking out of your ass.

12:24 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

If you think Delray is “100% spot on”, then there’s no helping you either.

And don’t question my fandom, ever. I go to just about every home game, and DVR every game, which I usually watch multiple times. (I delete the losses, of course).

To be critical is one thing, but to just throw the players and the coach completely under the bus in a very angry, hateful way, does nothing but make YOU look stupid. (And annoy more reasonable, logical fans.)

You can call me a troll all you want – that doesn’t make the shit you do, right.

5. scottg74
    11:43 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

I would like to see more Matthews and less Poy, more Mulder less Briscoe.

6. scottg74
    11:46 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

Because I bought the best zero turn mower, I know longer have to mow. Recruiting tactic.

2:13 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

Know way!!

7. blueballs80
    11:52 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

Besides Ulis, Murray and Mulder, they played like garbage tonight. Skal is a project and Cal knows it. Getting no production from your big man sucks. Both Skal n Briscoe need another year in college.

• DelrayCat
      12:01 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Why? So the new guys can come in and take their job? They would both be better off going pro and hopefully cashing in on the Kentucky Effect before they are fully exposed as basketball frauds. Unfortunately, I think it may be too late. No way Skal or Briscoe stay as potential first round picks the whole year.

12:08 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Who should we hire, Delray?

12:24 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Nothing?

8. Kyblue34
    11:56 pm January 5, 2016 Permalink

Mulder can actually hit threes and free throws, and has always played with great effort. How he has gotten significantly less minutes than Briscoe and Matthews is mind blowing! I guess NBA draft day really is more important to Cal than winning games……. Whatever happened to “this isn’t communism” and “the bench is a great motivator.” If that were true, then Skal and Briscoe shouldn’t see the floor until they can at least provide something positive, anything! Two of the most overrated recruits I have seen, and not just at UK.

• DelrayCat
      12:02 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

I wish I could like this comment 100 times….5+++++ stars.

12:33 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

“Skal and Briscoe shouldn’t see the floor until they can at least provide something positive, anything!”

How do they provide something positive……… if they never play?

How do they improve and develop………. if they never play?

9. scottg74
    12:06 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

I think Cal plays his season to not lose his recruits for the next year.

6:18 pm January 6, 2016 Permalink

You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters. 🙂

10. mikeintn
    12:09 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

It would be simple for me, if you don’t want to play, you wouldn’t have to worry about it, because you wouldn’t be, I’d play someone that tried if I never won another game, I just don’t understand how you would play in a game like that without 100% effort, I don’t think it was there from some.

11. UK Big Board Update
    12:09 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Its going to be fun watching you all try to climb back on the bandwagon….. 😀

12. JusSayin
    12:11 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Predictable: Bench player has a good game and all of sudden the starter is a scrub who should never play. Yall need to chill out.

We conveniently forget how Briscoe dropped 20 on UCLA, absolutely SHUT DOWN Grayson Allen, and was actually shooting over 50% from the field before he got hurt.

Some UK fans dont deserve for good recruits to come here. Some of us are too spoiled.

12:13 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Those types of folks are another reason why everyone else hates us as a fanbase.

But hey, complain away!! 4 Final Fours and a title in 6 years just isnt enough for some folks….

13. JusSayin
    12:18 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

The message to recruits is clear:

DONT COME HERE IF YOU AREN’T A SUREFIRE LOTTERY PICK.
    Because apparently our fanbase can’t accept players who aren’t finished products.

Some of you are embarrassing… These kids stay out of trouble, go to class, work on their game. But because they aren’t all Anthony Davis you feel like you can slander them. SMH

12:25 am January 6, 2016 Permalink

Careful, those people will call you a troll if you make too much sense.