Murray’s 33 points were the second most in the Calipari era

USATSI_9004945_154849602_lowres

Jamal Murray was unstoppable today against the Buckeyes. The freshman scored 33 points on 13-for-23 shooting, setting a new career high and becoming the first Wildcat to go for 30+ since Brandon Knight in 2011. Murray’s 33 points were also the second most scored by one player in the John Calipari era of Kentucky basketball.

The craziest part of Murray’s 33-point outing is the fact he scored 27 of those in the second half. After going 3-for-7 from the field in the first, Murray lit it up in the second, hitting seven three-pointers and 10 of his 16 field goal attempts.

Murray’s afternoon wasn’t all good, though. John Calipari was critical of his early play and decision making. He said he had to pull Murray twice in the first half for inexcusable mistakes.

“He’s got a lot to learn,” said Cal. “But he’s really talented.”

Too bad he doesn’t have a W to go with today’s 33.

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Murray’s 33 points were the second most in the Calipari era

1. tippytoe
    6:34 pm December 19, 2015 Permalink

Skai is the Dorian Baker of this basketball team. Sux and still gets to play the whole game while others who can produce just sit.

• The analogist
      6:48 pm December 19, 2015 Permalink

Chill out bro. stop hating on this teenager. Sure he may not be the best, deal with it. He at least showed some progression in aggressiveness

• The analogist
      6:49 pm December 19, 2015 Permalink

Our players come here partially for fan support. Help us with recruiting, will you?

2. 25OR624
    6:40 pm December 19, 2015 Permalink

Saw a lot of good things. We gotta lotta work. Painful. Stuff. Crean’s gotta stay. Alford can’t return. We can’t have Brice, and Alford takin’ back Basketball. There are measures. We can’t compete.

• UK Big Board Update
      6:41 pm December 19, 2015 Permalink

English, please.

• Bill the Cat
      9:07 am December 20, 2015 Permalink

I beloeve he’s mocking Cal’s press conf interviews and how he never completes a thought entirely. You know, it’s like the first half. Now these kids are freshmen and like I told my wife, if the chickens had to produce eggs in year one, well, we’d all eat pancakes. But they’re young. And I like my team. We’ll figure this out. Not sure when but hey, I have 20 kids in the pros making a better life for themselves. We’ll get these guys to that point but they gotta put in the work. Now I’m gonna go poop ice cream.