Montrezl Harrell says he knows nothing about the allegations

Screen Shot 2015-10-06 at 9.05.27 AM

…and here come the denials. Four days after the UofL stripper scandal broke, former Louisville players continue to deny Katina Powell’s story. The latest is Montrezl Harrell, who is quoted by the Houston Chronicle saying he had no knowledge of the scandal:

“I don’t know anything about any of that,” Harrell said. “Apparently, my name is in there. I don’t have anything to do with that. U of L is doing their job, holding an investigation, looking at it. That’s where I’m leaving it. Simple as that.”

Harrell is a rookie for the Rockets, and claims he never heard or saw a party like the ones described in the book, although he’s mentioned in the book several times. Powell even said he had a certain joke he would keep making with the escorts that’s not safe for us to share.

“Somebody told me my name was in there,” Harrell said. “It goes without saying, I don’t know anything about it. I didn’t too much stay at the dorm. I stayed off campus. I had a girlfriend off campus.”

Keep toeing that company line, Montrezl.

[Houston Chronicle]

71 Comments for Montrezl Harrell says he knows nothing about the allegations

1. Rajonrondo9
    10:17 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Yeahhhh, and Pitino is a master in the sac.

• BenHur
      1:02 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Just look at Harrell. No way that guy gets a girl without buying it.

• catdaddyd
      10:16 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

It’s a cultural thing, everyone is either a pimp or ho.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:21 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

This is just sad; and, UK fans’ revelry is even sadder. This does UK and the State of Kentucky no good, whatsoever. The UK-UL rivalry is one of the best in the country, always hyped on national TV.
    We lost the UK-IU rivalry when they fired Bob Knight; now, you want to lose this one, too?
    Wise up.

• meeksfor3
      10:25 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Spoken like a true U of L fan

• UKChillfan
      10:26 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I don’t think the Kim Davis “situation” helps Ky’s image either but there’s nothing we can do about that either.

• B-Lord40
      10:27 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

UK fans “revel” in it because of UL fans claiming UK to be a “cheating” program for so many years. The fact is, this is dirtier than anything Kentucky has ever or will ever do. There’s your reason.

• nuke99m
      10:30 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I’ll take my chances.
      f
      ul and the rivalry. I don’t care if they ever play major sports at that university ever again.

• BigBlueComingAtYou
      11:01 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

The fact is UK doesn’t need to play UL to be relevant and for there to be a rivalry the other team needs to win a few games.

• CatsFanFrankfort
      12:34 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

I completely agree, Runningunnin. Sad that none of these commenters do as well. While it will be easy ammo when a UofL fan tries to use the ‘cheating’ line of thought against Cal and UK, it still makes the city and state look trashy. And the rivalry is great for the sport and for UK. This whole ‘we don’t NEED UofL’ argument is ridiculous too. Obviously we will be fine and get exposure without them, but what is wrong with a friendly rivalry?? That seems idiotic to me. The same fans that posted above saying ‘f the rivalry’ are contradicting themselves with that one sentence. Obviously you would not have that line of thinking if it wasn’t a good rivalry in the first place.

• Catlogic15
      1:36 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

You call 1-7 while Cal has been here a rivalry???

• jeff
      2:01 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Most UK fans are revealing in it because most UL fans always try to act like UK would be nothing without cheating, and UL is above reproach. You are all a bunch of hypocrites! You call Calipari slimy, yet have hired Petrino after his scandal, employed Hurt, who paid recruits and has had numerous violations, and of course Pitino who cheated on his wife and paid for an abortion, all the while patting himself on the back for being a :good Catholic”….. your obvious talking out of both sides of your mouth has led to the giddiness over this situation. Your program is a cesspool, and in many ways……..

3. UKChillfan
    10:25 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

So, is this a picture of him and a stripper or his girlfriend or are they the same person?

4. Denny
    10:27 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Did he make one complete sentence during that interview?

• facts
      10:55 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

He was taught English by Eric Bledsoe,so probably not.You have a nerve talking about someones speech after Bledsoe being a straight A student.And naming your arena after “Death Penalty Rupp”.

• Booby Petrino
      11:26 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

lol “you have a nerve” gawd Louisville fans are so dumb. You “have a nerve” talking about the name of an arena, since yours is the Cum Center.

• Grammar
      11:29 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

*Bledsoe, so probably not. (left out space)
      *have a lot of nerve… (left out lot of)
      *someone’s speech (left out apostrophe)
      *student; and naming (never start a sentence with And)

Now, let’s talk about where you were taught English.

• Ha!
      12:53 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Jim, the UofL troll is back!!! LOL, he’s so easy to spot.

• meeksfor3
      12:53 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

LOL @ facts

5. billyc
    10:27 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

So anyone going to do us a solid and post the joke?

• Dusten
      10:37 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

That’s what I came to the comment section for. Disappointment.

• joe
      10:44 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

What is the joke? Haha, I would like to hear it.

• ukjaybrat
      10:55 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

probably about how small his member is…

• Rajonrondo9
      10:57 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I thought the joke was the Louisville Cardinals.

• catdaddyd
      6:53 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Judging from the picture, with those handkerchiefs hanging out of his front pockets. I guessing the joke is him entering the room and saying, “Has anyone ever kissed a rabbit between the ears.”

6. bbn4LIFE
    10:30 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Ricky 3 stacks must teach 15 seconds to his players too

7. bbn4LIFE
    10:32 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Uk IU hasn’t been a rivalry since the 70’s dumbass you must be 50 or older. And hell yes I hope we lose the rivalry cause I’m scared our players could catch aids or something during the game from them nasty ass dirty bastards. Louisville fans prepare cause ncaa bout to rain hell down on yalls ass

• papasnapper
      10:54 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I could have chosen several posts to reply to, but bbn4LIFE wins!

You know all of those line bearded, flat bill wearing, Crown Royal drinking, gold chain wearing thugs that you like to poke at? Well, they are the UofL equivalent to you.

Nope, I am not a UofL troll. I am a Big Blue fan. I just don’t like mouthy fans that bash a complete fan base based on their perception of a few UofL fans.

I am pretty sure that you represent the LOUD and MOUTHY minority of UK fans that the UofL fan base despises, in turn.

What goes around comes around.

• runningunnin.454
      11:11 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Yes, I’m over 50 & i remember the UK-IU rivalry. I also remember being ushered into Coach Rupp’s office where he entertained me & two fellow freshman for 45 minutes with wonderful stories, pointing out marvelous memorabilia.
      I also remember hitch-hiking to Frankfort to see the undefeated UK freshmen play. The area was still under construction; and, in the dark, I stepped into a 4 ft hole, severely injuring my knee. I remember Jimmy Dan Connor skipping out on an after-game party with his team mates and girlfriend to drive me back to Lexington to the UK Med Center. I’m proud of my time at UK; let’s hear some of your stories.

• Ukbradstith
      11:46 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

What about the 80s and early 90s for the uk iu rivalry? Seems like you might want to check facts before you insult someone and their age.

• BlueRedneck
      11:58 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Some of our fan base is severely lacking in manners. Oh well, sign of the times. I’m a UK fan since I was about 8 years old, but I can respect a good rivalry, and I can respect other programs and other fans as well. Sure, I want to see UK demolish UofL (and IU) whenever we play them, because I so happen to have friends and family who are fans of both schools. We like to give each other crap from time to time, but it’s in fun – like it’s supposed to be. I can joke with them about the crap going on at UofL, but at the end of the day, it’s just sports. Pretty sad situation if it went down like the book depicts it.

I think it is a good thing that we can get some perspective in the comments section from fans who have been around long enough to see significant events in the history of UK sports – both good and bad. Like our WWII veterans, there is going to be a hole left when those folks are gone. We are free to disagree with them, just as they are to us, but we need to respect the opinions of others and stop short of calling a fellow fan a “dumbass”. Rant over.

• BlueRedneck
      12:01 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

UKbrad, although not very competitive, the Davis years provide us with some of the best comic fodder about IU that I can remember. I recall the time he ran out onto the middle of the court in a rage while the play was still going on because he disagreed with a call. They were zoomed in on the players, and all of a sudden you saw these black dress shoes coming into the picture.

8. Cornholio
    10:36 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Hey! Montrezl has a picture of mezl on his shirtzl!!!!!

• BlueRedneck
      10:50 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Ruler of Lake Titicaca. “I am the Great Cornholio! I need TP for my bunghole!”

9. bbn4LIFE
    10:37 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

ALL of our games are hyped nationally cause we are UK so why would we care. You louisville fans just want the game cause it’s your one chance a year to be on tv. Just like IU fans crying about not playing us no more. We get all the attention every game. Yall sad bunch of dirty rotten bastards

• CatsFanFrankfort
      12:42 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

That’s the whole point of a rivalry, don’t you see that? Yes, obviously we will be fine year after year in terms of exposure, national attention, etc. So what if UofL or ANY of our rivals stand to gain more from the rivalry? Its still a historically fun and heated battle between two programs that are linked by geographic location, success, and right now, a head coach. You also clearly wouldn’t point out UofL or IU if they weren’t our historic rivals. Isnt it nice to have them to be there as rivals in the first place?

10. tuggerman
    10:38 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

What!! Montrezl no stay in dorm???? Dont they have curfews to be in bed at the dorm just like all the other schools. Because that IS what happens at ALL the other schools. This sounds like lack of institutional control to me.

• ukjaybrat
      10:57 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

they don’t have curfews every night

• Big Mike In the Wood
      11:44 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Its actually really common for NCAA upperclassmen to live off campus. The Kentucky basketball team is a bit different since their so popular but I know our football players routinely keep off campus housing.

11. CatsBy80
    10:43 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

This is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. *grabs popcorn*

12. Han
    10:48 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Kinda like how only 1 player at UNC has admitted to anything and all the other guys on his team swear he’s just making stuff up despite mountains of evidence.

13. bob
    10:59 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

lol he had a girlfriend? Wonder what she thought bout the picture of him and the ho?

• Big Mike In the Wood
      11:47 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I imagine he’s posed for a lot of pictures with fans. Whats interesting to me is where was this picture taken? Is it inside the Louisville players dorm? If so its going to be hard to explain why fans are roaming around a dorm for selfies.

14. Sin The
    11:15 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Wasn’t Rod-Ni the hooker that was under age? Can you say statutory rape Montrezl?

• ukjaybrat
      11:22 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

statutory in Kentucky is under 16. as far as i know, no one was under 16

• KT
      11:29 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

One of them was 15 but not sure which.

• ukjaybrat
      12:22 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

my mistake… i haven’t read the book. i thought they were all 17-18

• KT
      3:32 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, and I believe that was one of her daughters too which is sickeningly sad. It cracks me up at the stupidity of UL fans wanting this woman to go to jail (she might and probably should) but that means her story was true which also means that underage girls were a part of this prostitution ring/thing/whatever the hell you call it. It’s even dumber talking about suing her, REALLY??!…suing a hooker, yeah that’s going to make you a lot of money and be worthwhile.

The whole thing is sad and I am surprised so many are running to the defense right now, if this were my program, I would shut up and wait and see. If it’s true I would be calling for a LOT of heads to roll and I would hope that my AD and university president would take that upon themselves to resign along with all involved so that fans didn’t need to ask for them to. They would deserve it and we would deserve whatever punishment was handed down. If the school chose to turn a blind eye then then I guess I wouldn’t be a fan anymore, how can anyone with decency think this is OK or support it?

Trust me card fans you hope that NO PART of this is true because if any of it is then it’s a huge deal and goes beyond simply NCAA. The same issues came up with the Penn State and Miami investigations when serious criminal accusations were part of the issue. If any part of her story is true this will be a criminal case as well as an ncaa investigation. With the accounting practices already under SEC investigation and now the state AG looking as well Louisville may just need to rent out a section of campus to all of the investigators that will be there. It’s getting crowded in the athletic department I’m sure. Maybe Jurich and Pitino can lend them their offices, not sure how long they will be needing them anyway…

15. CalRipken
    11:18 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

I will bet anyone $10,000 that nothing will ever come of these allegations. It will be swept under the rug just like it was at Ohio State, University of Miami, University of North Carolina.

• KT
      11:34 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

…and you may be right. If so they should become a private university rather than public. There will officially be zero dignity left and public money shouldn’t go to paying for the kind of BS and waste we’ve been hearing about. You truly want to be like Miami or USC then pay for it yourselves. You can have hooker parties twice a day at that point as far as I care. I hope they prove me wrong, this is sad and pathetic. No shame whatsoever.

16. WOW
    11:56 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

For two seconds on Friday I thought we might see humility from them. Nope. I believe the author. He said he thoroughly checked this stuff and has solid reputation. It will look worse to deny deny deny when they have phone records, texts, receipts, pictures, etc. but go ahead Cards that’s what you’ve become known for. Blame the girls too, it was their fault. Somebody should post a parody video of It Wasn’t Me song by the way. Shady as hell program keeps on trucking, Damn.

At least Miami football did it off campus with private boosters, heck, they went to international waters for some of their crap. This reminds me of people in DC defending and voting their mayor back in office after he got caught red handed with a crack pipe and hookers. “That’s our mayor!”.

Maybe this will bring a new meaning to “red handed” too.

17. Steve
    11:58 am October 6, 2015 Permalink

Montrez’s choice of attire is a party foul even for a stripper party.

18. Bob Ley
    12:22 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

โ€œIt goes without saying, I donโ€™t know anything about it.”

Why would that go without saying? Theres a book out saying lots of bad things about you. I think it would go without saying that you would say something about it. Louisville players must take a class when they get on campus about denying anything and everything.

19. George
    12:42 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Everyone is missing the big picture here, and that is #hookerslivesmatter.

• CalRipken
      12:55 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

According to Pitino – hooker lives only matter for 15 seconds….

20. What The
    1:14 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

He’s guilty as sin. Look at the picture, his pants are already halfway to the ground.

• catdaddyd
      6:47 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Lol

21. James
    1:37 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

MouthTrez shirts says “CornHolic” no chiten?

L1C4nication

• Geez
      1:39 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

What??

• James
      1:54 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

I am Mouthtrez Harrellisimo Cornholio – I needs lubricant for my 15 year old ho-ho.

22. James
    1:42 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

In MouthTrez’s defense, he’s certainly dumb enough not to know any better, and probably has an endurance of longer than 15 seconds.

He probably thought this was on the (blow) job credit toward his african american social studies.

23. D. Casey
    1:42 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Glad to see that you are still obsessed with the Cardinal athletic program.

• James
      1:51 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Obsessed? Obsessed with laughing at you dumbazzes who come onto a UK site and accuse others of obsession.

BTW, you get a hummer from that or you do that to yourself looking at the picture?

• Ha!
      1:52 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

D. Casey – Louisville delusion at its finest. ๐Ÿ˜‰

They honestly believe the shit they say….. wow. I guess if you lie to yourself enough, you start to believe it.

24. leon singleton
    2:13 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Nothing wrong with having sex as long as its straight sex. No pedophile crap.

25. King Kelly Coleman
    2:21 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

26. chimichanga
    2:34 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Perhaps she was talking about a different “Montrezl”? ๐Ÿ˜€

27. jbaby
    2:43 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Got to give it up to Trez for sporting the Beavis Cornholio shirt with the Hooker.

• James
      2:54 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Cornrows with cornholes

28. bbn4LIFE
    3:27 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

D casey, your on a uk message board lmao