Monk: “Coach wanted me to drive, but I was hot”

2w

In the postgame press conference following the big win, Jerry Tipton asked Malik Monk about his hesitation before taking the game-winner. Monk told him John Calipari was yelling for him to take it to the basket, but he wanted to try out the hot hand.

Coach Cal told me to drive, but I was hot,” he said, laughing.

Monk and De’Aaron Fox had plenty more to say about Monk’s 47 points, a new freshman record, and about the win as a whole.

Hear it all below in my shaky video below:

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for Monk: “Coach wanted me to drive, but I was hot”

1. Lance1086
    8:31 pm December 17, 2016 Permalink

Does anyone know why Bam wasn’t in the game the last 4 min? Makes no sense unless he royally pissed Cal off with something he said?

• Ridge Runner
      8:32 pm December 17, 2016 Permalink

Fouled out

• BGLawdog
      8:37 pm December 17, 2016 Permalink

He fouled out. Did Mulder make the trip? Also, Willis had 3 points and 1 board in 19 minutes. I’m pumped we won, but wondering why Mulder didn’t play and what Derek did for 19 minutes besides not score or rebound.

2. Ridge Runner
    9:03 pm December 17, 2016 Permalink

Ya did fine Drew. I would of filmed the wall after a game like that as my composure would have been zilch

3. huck
    9:53 pm December 17, 2016 Permalink

Thanks Drew, I like to see the post game interviews and it is nice to find them here.

4. Lance1086
    9:56 pm December 17, 2016 Permalink

Damn I swear I thought he only had 4

5. wildcat2012
    2:17 am December 18, 2016 Permalink

Drew is such. Cock sucking groupie. How BBN supports this loser is beyond me. We pay for this lame ass guy to be a groupie to 18 year olds but whatever, congrats Drew. You do nothing segificant in life but have uneducated rednecks support your dumb posts and tweets. Your so lame.

• CATandMONKEY
      2:39 am December 18, 2016 Permalink

Drew schtupp your woman? I don’t pay Drew anything. Wow.
      The irony of your comment ” uneducated rednecks ” is beautiful.

• EdC
      9:35 am December 18, 2016 Permalink

Yea Drew you aren’t providing content that is FREE to people reading the board in the way that pleases this guy. When somebody FORCES ME to read their FREE content I expect much more. One other thing, how DARE you support UK Athletics. This FREE content should be more negative … you know like the Lexington Harold Leader that has spent decades begin negative in every way possible about UK sports. One more thing I get to PAY for the Lexington Harold Leader’s attempts to tear down UK and I have to get your pro-UK content for FREE.

6. wildcat2012
    2:19 am December 18, 2016 Permalink

I mean dear God drew you are so freaking pathetic. So lame and insignificant to BBN. Can’t wait to your “career” crumbles and falls and you are nothing but a smart ass with nothing to live for

• EdC
      9:37 am December 18, 2016 Permalink

Drew, seriously I know that this guy’s sister and mother had the flat head, big ears and no teeth but that doesn’t make it right.

You’re clearly hurt his feelings.

7. UK Big Bored Update
    8:41 am December 18, 2016 Permalink

Monk was GOLDEN.

Hopefully, there will be a repeat.