Mitch Barnhart outlines plans for fans at games this fall in call with donors

If all goes according to plan, Kentucky will have fans at football and basketball games this fall.

Two sources have informed Kentucky Sports Radio that UK Athletics Director Mitch Barnhart has been contacting donors to discuss scenarios for the upcoming seasons, with the primary plan calling for 50% capacity at football and basketball games. For Kroger Field, that would mean a crowd of 30,500 and for Rupp Arena, 10,272 (due to the most recent renovations, Rupp’s capacity is now 20,545). All fans with football season tickets would be covered.

Both the football and men’s basketball teams have returned to campus for voluntary workouts. Summer activities for football (strength workouts and film study with coaches) are scheduled to begin July 13, while basketball’s summer activities (weight training, conditioning, and skill instruction) will begin July 20. Until then, John Calipari can meet with his team and players can do weight training and conditioning, but no on-court practice activities may take place.

Cross your fingers.

78 Comments for Mitch Barnhart outlines plans for fans at games this fall in call with donors

1. ClutchCargo
    2:00 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Well, that’s something at least. Thanks for the update!

2. Ned T.
    2:01 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

#RESIST #SHUTDOWN

This CV hoax has gone on long enough. Politics is setting medical policy and devastating lives.

• Irish son
      3:25 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

You’re an idiot

• UKgrad80
      4:09 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Ned go talk to some nurses about the hoax!!people like you make me sick!

4:34 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

I have talked to nurses and a hospital administrator, the nurses could not explain why the hospitals were all empty and the administrator told me how hospitals were being paid $39,000 for putting a patient on a ventilator and another $39,000 for coding a death as a coronavirus death. MSM is doing nothing but spreading fear propaganda.

• satcheluk
      8:20 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

I talked to a Leprechaun once, but I don’t have video, so it never happened.

6:08 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

There are many stories out there alleging that everyone that dies with Corona is counted as a Corona death, even if the real cause is something else. Dr. Birx even confirmed that in front of the press. The numbers are inflated.

6:15 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Chris you nailed it!

• The Blurr
      6:47 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

[email protected]@K over here everybody! Ned’s a dumb ass!

• Bluenblood
      6:53 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Ned. Don’t speak for us. Have your mother fix u dinner and tuck u in tonite with UK jammies. GNite.

6:52 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

So it’s standard procedure these days to sling insults at people whose opinion or view is different from yours and call them names rather than try to add anything of intelligence to the conversation.

“The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about yet refuse to investigate.”    Dr. Wayne Dyer

• satcheluk
      8:19 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Retard

• Jesus H. Chrysler
      8:41 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

CombatMedic will be offended by that remark

8:26 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Thanks satcheluk for making my point.

3. lexslamman
    2:02 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

There’s no reason to shut down or wear masks. But this UK admin is more likely to fall on the side of cowardice and panic.

4. PensacolaCat
    2:02 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

I think we should allow 52% capacity.

6:08 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

lol. You’re nuts! 51% is the only safe number. 😉

5. peaches76
    2:06 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

How about a call with us pissants that just happen to be season ticket holders that come to all the games regardless of weather or record…home and away? Just a thought

6. Jon
    2:18 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Sweet. I know I’ll be able to go. I donate five figures to the K-Fund each season.

Will not attend if they allow the students to attend in Rupp Arena. They have drag queen shows they can go to with BLMarxists.

• The Original WTF Guy
      3:07 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

@Jon I really doubt someone as dumb as you sound makes enough money to donate five figures to the K-Fund unless you are counting the two on the right side of the decimal point. And at that I bet every year it’s a question of making that donation or getting the left rear tire on your trailer fixed.

• UKgrad80
      4:12 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

That was an epic slam, loved it!

• Jon
      3:34 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

As dumb as I sound? Have you ever been to Lexington? It’s a paradise of gays and drag queen shows. The UK administration has tried to silence conservative groups. Mayor Jim Gray had sexual relations with KSR employees.

6:12 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Original Guy, it’s always nice when someone responds to what they perceive as hateful comments with “Oh yeah, well you’re poor white trash!” I would not have said what Jon said, except the GROUP BLM (not everyone who uses the phrase) is a Marxist group. It’s on their site for crying out loud. They are not an equal rights group. They are a Marxist group using equal rights as a front.

• ziplock
      9:57 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

That’s why the BLM fist logo is similar to the old Communist party fist. Same for the Antifa flag and the old Germany Communist Party flag.

7. blueballs80
    2:25 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

With COVID Cases rising everyday and people like some posters above thinking it’s a hoax will get fans and athletes sick. All it takes is one player to fall sick or asymptomatic fans passing it over and boom, watch some lawsuits roll out.

• Ned T.
      2:31 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Covid cases are not rising—they are just testing more. The covid death rate is falling. This is no different than any flu season, yet America has fallen for this political hoax.

• lexslamman
      3:08 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

The hoax isn’t that the virus exists, it’s that the virus poses any serious threat to most people. That’s a lie the media and public health officials refuse to stop telling.

3:43 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Thank you lexslamman!

6:13 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Again, there are many stories out there alleging that everyone that dies with Corona is counted as a Corona death, even if the real cause is something else. Dr. Birx even confirmed that in front of the press. The numbers are inflated.

8. Cole28
    2:30 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Wonder which 50% it will be. Perhaps everyone gets “x” number of games (3 or 4 based on donation level).

• ClutchCargo
      2:37 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

I’m assuming there are no more than 30,500 season tickets that have been sold and all season ticket holders go to all games.

9. chris43
    2:50 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

In my eyes it’s just a more potent year round flu. It hurts to admit it, BUT we won’t have any sports this year unless a vaccine becomes available. 🙁

6:13 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

I’m afraid I agree.

10. kjd
    3:19 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

For those you don’t read the article or can’t comprehend what they read, it stares 50% would cover all season ticket holders.
    Thus crap is all about liability and lawsuits. Senator McConnell wants to pass liability protection but Dems won’t hear of it.
    Latest fatality rate for Covid is .2%

11. Bill Jackson
    3:43 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

I have season tickets to both football and basketball, pretty good seats overall. If I can’t go to all the games, and use my normal seats, ( or better), I will ask for a full refund.

12. Bluebird
    5:26 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Mush-brained anti-maskers weeping about all the things that they themselves are ruining for everyone are just the worst. Bunch of idiots throwing gasoline on a house-fire when a hose is right there, then crying that the firemen won’t let them sit on the couch with their friends and watch TV.

6:15 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

The mask v. no mask debate would not be nearly as contentious if the corrupt CDC, the corrupt WHO, the august Dr. Fauci and the Surgeon General had not been sending us mixed messages on the subject all this time. Blame them, not everyday people who have been lied to.

• Bluebird
      6:29 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

No, I’m gonna keep blaming idiots who can’t wrap their brains around the idea that this is a new virus and opinions can change as new information arises. I’ll blame people too self-involved to put on a mask— even if they don’t really believe in it—because what the hell harm does it do.

7:02 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Sorry, but I disagree:

I wear a mask, but I don’t buy the new data excuse. My wife is a nurse and she does say not all viruses aerosolize like this one, but that doesn’t mean NO other one has. Look, I know people myself who have refused to wear a mask period, but there are others who have paid attention to the “experts” and been lied to.

7:03 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

And don’t forget: not only did they say don’t wear one, but they said it’s BAD to wear a mask.

9:31 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Go ahead and wear the mask if you’re that scared of a virus that doesn’t even have it’s own symptoms, I will not wear a mask because I read enough to know it is detrimental to me while providing no protection for anyone else. You can call me any name you like, I don’t give a sh!t what you think, it’s obvious you get all you info from msm.

13. Lip Man 1
    5:29 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

With respect to Mitch he won’t be getting three thousand for a game because they won’t be playing football. But nice try anyway.

14. BBNParkerCO
    11:39 pm July 6, 2020 Permalink

Fellowship of the miserable is out tonight. If you are negative and bigoted, it would be best to keep your ugly comments to yourself as your hatred may come back and bite you in the ass.

15. Ned T.
    6:43 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Worked at a hospital micro lab for 5 years. Worked at UK Med Center while in college. I have seen many bad bugs, and CV is not anywhere near the worst.

Legitimate scientists who have no Political agenda know the truth. The numbers have been grossly inflated, masks do nothing to prevent the spread, and the average age of CV death is 78+.

Yet, liberals have fearmongered the public into believing this is a real threat. It is no different than flu…probably less threatening.

16. Ned T.
    6:50 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Even the CDC—which is filled with leftist Trump haters—had to admit that CV deaths have declined for the past 10 weeks. They HAD to admit that the rate is lower Ethan many flu seasons, and there is no legitimate reason to call it a pandemic.

But disgusting liberals, including Matt Jones, are pushing this shutdown narrative to tank the economy for the November election.

I do not mind sincere political debate, but when the left is will to devastate our lives for political gain, that is disgusting and dangerous.

7:03 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

This is an plannedemic/agenda not a pandemic. Bill Gates ran Event 201 in NYC in October 2019,
      just before the Covid outbreak, which simulated the exact outbreak and response that is happening now…coincidence? Bill gates produced a Netflix movie, that aired right before this pandemic, called
      “The Next Pandemic” – about a Coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan China that started in a wet market…probably just a coincidence. Dr Fauci wrote in a medical journal that the Corona virus would be no worse than the yearly influenza but a week later in a television interview he said it would be a pandemic….nothing strange about that right? In 2010 the Rockefeller Foundation released a plan using the term “Lock Step” that outlined the release of a virus in 2020 to take away the rights of the world, crush the middle class and gain total control over everyone’s movement….just another coincidence?

Wake up!

• rabblerabblerabble
      9:28 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Everyone reading this who is on the fence about voting, please remember that both Ned and 4everUKBlue will.

9:39 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Just one more thing you’re dead wrong about in my case rabble and don’t try to prove me wrong, you might be disappointed.

17. satcheluk
    8:24 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

I believe in conspiracy theories because my mind is easily manipulated by entities that wish for me act in opposition for whatever reason. Over the years the constant demonizing of the media and institutions of government has caused my cynicism to max out and now I feel the government is somehow out to get us. I need your pity because I am a shell of a person I was 20+ years ago before the dark part of the internet swallowed my soul.

8:29 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Since when did facts become conspiracy theory?

Bill Gates ran Event 201 in NYC in October 2019,

Show me which of these statements is not a fact. It sounds like you just described yourself and proved my point above:

“The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about yet refuse to investigate.” Dr. Wayne Dyer

8:33 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Seriously satcheluk I feel sorry for you that you’ve been so deeply programmed by MSM and the television that you felt compelled to post a comment as ignorant as the one above, it shows you’ve surrendered your god given ability to think freely and critically so you just sit and stare at the TV and let it form all your thoughts because you lack the ability to think for yourself. Very sad.

9:52 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

4ever, I think it is fair to ask if you have links to verify those stories. I have seen part of a video of Gates talking about how a pandemic could happen (that may be a video you linked before but I’m not sure), but I don’t remember Wuhan being mentioned.

9:53 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

And regardless of what Gates said or didn’t say, I don’t understand why people are acting like he’s a virologist or an immunologist and not a rich computer guy.

11:00 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

CG, Bill Gates produced the documentary which came in 2019 and is on Netflix https://coercioncode.com/2020/02/01/coincidence-bill-gates-predicted-outbreak-in-2019-netflix-documentary-pandemic/

11:00 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

If you really want to learn who Bill Gates is and what he’s all about watch the 4 part documentary, complete with links to sources, etc.

11:02 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

11:08 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

A simple search using ” 2010 the Rockefeller Foundation released a plan using the term “Lock Step” will give you many links.

11:21 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

And from Event 201 exercise ANITA CICERO: “WE HAVE CREATED A PANDEMIC”

18. Steady
    9:23 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Fans should claim football and basketball games are a protest, wala, all games sold out.

9:38 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Exactly! And no Corona will be present since it’s a protest!

• ClutchCargo
      10:14 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Actually, no Corona (or any other beer) will be present because Mitch said so. 🙂

19. RealCatsFan
    10:14 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

I was going to just throw up my hands and forget about commenting on this thread because it has just turned into yet another political conspiracy-theory food fight, but cginwttd gives me hope that there are a few reasonable minds out there, even if I don’t completely agree with them. Chris, I don’t doubt that in some cases they may have put Covid as the cause of death when there were underlying conditions that contributed, but this is often a downward spiral that is prompted by catching it, and then your underlying conditions take you down. But if you didn’t catch the virus in the first place, your conditions could be managed and you might have another decade of life. I just don’t buy the theory that this is all a left wing plot to get Trump out of office. Sorry, no helicopters flying around my house. I do agree that the dem’s (and most of America) want him out of the oval office ASAP, but I don’t really think they are that good at getting the entire world behind them. I also know people in health care who tell me that this is indeed real, and it is indeed serious for a lot of people. At this point, we just don’t know that much about this virus. People who recover from it sometimes have long term damage that will stay with them for years. Yeah, the media is always going to blast the bad news at us, because that gets the ratings, but for everyone who is a devotee to “alternative facts” coming from the right wing media sources, how do you know that what you are hearing is “the facts”? Can we trust any news source as being unbiased anymore?

10:42 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

RCF, I appreciate the compliments, but I do believe lots of people will use any opportunity to get Trump out of office, including Covid, including the George Floyd incident and the riots. After all, where are the leaders of the Marxist group BLM (not everyone who uses the phrase) on all the rampant killing of black people, including babies and small children, the last several days in Atlanta, Birmingham, and Chicago? They only care about the black lives that they can use as a political football.

• RealCatsFan
      10:52 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

You may not believe it, but I have very many really good friends who are very conservative Republicans, and almost every one of them wish that Trump would simply shut the hell up. I think a lot of them would much rather have someone else in the WH – a republican, of course, but someone who is an actual adult. Yes, I know there are many who worship the ground he walks on, but the fact is that he is one of the most divisive forces in American history. I really wonder if this country will ever come together as one any time soon. It is going to take a very special person being elected to heal the damage that has been done in the last decade. I don’t see anyone on the horizon who is that person. Makes me sad, because I love our country.

11:16 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Trump does shoot himself in the foot often, but I’m still voting for him because there is no way I want Biden near the presidency. Plus, if he wins, his running mate will be prez in a couple years, and everyone supposedly on his list is even more far left than he is it seems.

• RealCatsFan
      11:33 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

I don’t want to vote for Biden either, but I’ll be damned to hades if I’m voting for that orange a-hole. I have a Lebowski 2020 t-shirt for the election, guess I’ll have to pencil in The Dude. 🙂

Ain’t the two-party system grand?

11:55 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Obviously a conspiracy, RCF

• RealCatsFan
      12:18 pm July 7, 2020 Permalink

Touche`, 4ever. 🙂

20. 4everUKBlue
    11:13 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

This is from the osha.gov site
    People with Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) can experience mild to severe respiratory illness. People with these symptoms or combinations of symptoms may have COVID-19:

Fever or chills
    Cough
    Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
    Fatigue
    Muscle or body aches
    Headache
    New loss of taste or smell
    Sore throat
    Congestion or runny nose
    Nausea or vomiting
    Diarrhea
    This list does not include all possible symptoms.

Emergency warning signs and symptoms of COVID-19 that may suggest that you need urgent medical attention include:*

Trouble breathing
    Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
    New confusion
    Inability to wake or stay awake
    Bluish lips or face

Covering all bases. Did they leave anything out?

• RealCatsFan
      11:32 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

Obviously a conspiracy, 4ever. 😉

11:54 am July 7, 2020 Permalink

RCF, explain to me why such a deadly disease does not have it’s own symptoms? So deadly you have to take a test to find out if you have it, so deadly it can’t survive 80 plus degree temps, so deadly soap and water kills it. I get your sarcasm but conspiracy or there are many strange things about coronavirus, but I doubt you will be able to see them.

• zod
      12:06 pm July 7, 2020 Permalink

Yeah, they left a lot out. This is a novel virus and doesn’t act like any of its ilk seen before. This article is 11 days old, so it’s probably not up to date on what’s being found daily, but this is not just a respiratory virus (for all who think it’s just a bad flu):

So if you, or the people around you, don’t have diabetes, black lung, heart conditions, aren’t obese, aren’t over 65, haven’t smoked for 40 years, get plenty of exercise, sleep, and eat a balanced diet, they should be fine.

• zod
      12:20 pm July 7, 2020 Permalink

What are you talking about that it can’t survive over 80 degrees? This is something Trump threw out early on that had no backing. It is rampant now in Texas and Florida and, last I checked it’s a but warmer than that in July. So each disease needs its own symptoms? How many illnesses start with a sore throat? Some are viral, some bacterial. A sore throat isn’t a disease, it’s a symptom. Most diseases have a raft of symptoms that need to be sorted out. By the way, soap and water doesn’t do much to kill a virus. It mostly removes them from the surface of your hands. You wash to displace it, not kill it. You reduce exposure, not eliminate it. It’s expose over time that infects, not a single organism.

12:36 pm July 7, 2020 Permalink

I’m over 65, haven’t smoked in 17yrs, I don’t wear a mask, I don’t take vaccines..ever. I haven’t been sick in over 10 yrs and that includes the flu. I don’t worry about social distancing and I sure as hell don’t worry about dying from the coronavirus. With it? Maybe, but not from it and I don’t fear coronavirus. Any btw the way there are microbiologists and virologists who make their living studying viruses who say viruses do not exist as described. Which one are you are you a microbiologist or a virologist? I was just pointing out that they included just about every symptom known to be the same as cold, flu, allergies, etc. There are widespread reports of deaths being coded as coronavirus without any testing.

21. jaws2
    1:26 pm July 7, 2020 Permalink

4everUKblue I don’t agree with everything you post on here but your information on Bill Gates and the Gates foundation, ran by his dad, is spot on. Conspiracy, tin foil hat stuff? NOT. Anyone with internet access can listen to him or Malinda and him, discuss these very issues you’re speaking of. Event 201? Absolutely happened in NYC. Gates working on ‘tracking’ technology for years? True. You sir are not a shill for Trump, you just state the facts and a lot of people on here, like unfortunately a lot of Americans, are simply to damn lazy to verify information for themselves. I stated early on my lack of comprehension as to how Americans have allowed a billionaire computer geek came to become an ‘expert’ on medicine, the medical field, or vaccinations? Really? Anyone with half a brain, a little common sense, and the internet, can easily see Gates is in this for the money. Period. Why wouldn’t he drive vaccinations and tracking? He and the foundation have invested over a billion dollars on the outcome. Gates invested in SEVEN different companies to get the vaccination first. In fact, he did this knowing that only ONE may be able to get it accomplished. He didn’t do that not looking for a HUGE ROI.
    Oh, for you lazy people, that’s Return On Investment. Otherwise, he’s going to reap a crapload of money when all of this is said and done.
    BTW, I don’t like Trumps approach sometimes either, but I do know this. He LOVES this country, knows we’ve been screwed by China, the UN, NATO countries and many others, and he did, is doing, and will do something about it. He will not placate a bunch of anarchist, Marxist, Communist that are attempting to bring this nation down. I sure as hell think Biden and his ilk will play right along with these people. He’s already said he’ll raise your taxes, increase corporate tax, and appointed a true gun hating moron, Beto, to be his gun guy. I know I’m saying a lot here but for the life of me I cannot hate Trump enough no matter how much of an ego driven, arrogant NY ass he can be, to see Biden and his ilk take this country down.

2:38 pm July 7, 2020 Permalink

Thank you jaws, if everyone would take the time to watch the 4 part documentary on Bill and Melinda maybe they would think twice about taking his vaccine, Gates is the second biggest contributor to the WHO behind the United States. True I am not a shill for Trump or any other politician, it’s really hard for me to trust any of them after all the lies they’ve been caught in and if we allow them to take our guns it’s game over. All I’m trying to do is to wake people up before it’s too late, we should all question everything and take no one’s word on anything.

It would be worth your time to watch “How and Why Big Oil Conquered the World”, sounds strange but watch it and you will understand why I recommend it. https://www.corbettreport.com/bigoil/