Missouri transfer now a star for Buffalo, eager to take Kentucky down

(Photo: Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images North America)

(Photo: Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images North America)

Wes Clark was one of the stars of Buffalo’s win over Arizona last night, but Kentucky fans have seen him before. Clark played for Missouri for three years before transferring to Buffalo, and, after going 0-4 vs. Kentucky as a Tiger, he’s itching for another shot.

“I’ve got a lot of history with those Kentucky guys so I’m trying to redeem myself,” Clark said, via Darrell Bird. “They dominated me, beat me every time I played them and I’m not feeling too good about that.”

Clark had a team-high 25 points vs. Arizona off 10-14 from the floor, 3-5 from beyond the arc, along with seven assists. He actually played pretty well in his games vs. Kentucky, even putting up 19 points in Missouri’s loss to the Cats back in 2015, but, now part of a veteran squad at Buffalo, he likes his chances.

“I’ve got a little chip on my shoulder,” Clark said. “I gotta go at them boys.”

Cats better be ready.

[247 Sports]

[mobile_ad]

22 Comments for Missouri transfer now a star for Buffalo, eager to take Kentucky down

1. Catcasey1
    10:06 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

Cats have a chip as well so bring it big boy

2. Swizzle
    10:12 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

Keep talking squirt

3. az1006
    10:16 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

He doesn’t have any history with this roster…Not a single player remains from when he played at Mizzou, and even if they did, rhetoric like this means nothing. Does he think our guys aren’t used to this? Hear it prior to every game in the regular season, in one way or another. Our guys will be ready.

• Bull Filmer
      12:23 pm March 16, 2018 Permalink

Precisely. Wes Clark either jests – or he’s a dummy.

4. Booby Petrino
    10:25 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

Buffalo guard Wes Clark was asked about Kentucky being peppered with questions about Arizona after their win: “They should be woke. We won by 20”

Wes, do you really want us woke? We won last night half asleep. I hope we are woke. Woke like we were during the SEC tourney.

• Booby Petrino
      10:26 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

the woke quote wasn’t in the article, I read it elsewhere.

• runningunnin.454
      1:13 pm March 16, 2018 Permalink

Did he really say “should be woke”? They must have the same classes as UNCheat.

5. bluecrowe
    10:27 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

I appreciate his confidence. They did look great against Arizona, but we have seen this before in the Tournament. Some low seed looks amazing right before we play them and then the reality of our defense and athleticism dampens what that team did to previous opponents. I hope so anyway!

6. KYJelly
    10:37 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

If we defend the 3 like we did against Davidson, Buffalo will be the Cinderella this year

• makeitstop
      11:40 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

If they shoot like Davidson shot the first 39.5 minutes they would’ve had 18 fewer points than they did against AU. We gave up some open looks and didn’t go over screens against a team that we knew was going to live or die from outside, which was frustrating at times, but Davidson is a better 3 point shooting team than Buffalo, and we did hold them under 30% until we backed off to not foul the shooters at the end, and I cost us 9 points in 39 seconds. First 39.5 minutes was pretty solid.

7. MadScientist
    10:38 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

Buffalo should be confident, Arizona was a Final Four caliber team and Buffalo dominated them. After watching Kentucky’s defense in the second half struggle to fight through screens and guard open shooters Buffalo must feel it’s a winnable game.
    Buffalo had 3 guards account for 67 points. Diallo, Gilgeous-Alexander and Green will need to stay out of foul trouble to match Buffalo’s guards.
    Knox can handle the ball and he’ll be quicker than the Forwards Buffalo throws at him. This will be a game Vanderbilt is really missed!

• TB112162
      11:21 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

Arizona was a final four caliber team who according to who ESPN and CBS they beat a lot of weak ass teams

• jsh2001
      12:19 pm March 16, 2018 Permalink

Sean Miller needs to take a Final Four caliber team to the Final Four before they are recognized as a legit Final Four contender.

8. bbnZach
    10:42 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

Lmao this dude acting all tough! They beat up on an Arizona team that looked like they did not even want to be there!

• callitlikeiseeit
      11:23 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

Did you see how we looked vs an average Davidson team. Had we played Buffalo last night we lose by double digits as well. Better play much better Saturday or it will be our last game. They are not that bad, folks here in Central Ohio were actually worried that Ohio St was going to get stuck playing them in game 1 before the selection show, did not think OSU would beat them.

• TB112162
      12:04 pm March 16, 2018 Permalink

Hurry up callitlikeiseeit the sky is falling we have to play Buffalo

• cats646
      12:31 pm March 16, 2018 Permalink

Ohio state sucks!

9. TB112162
    11:20 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

He hasn’t played against one guy on this team blah blah blah I’m sure will field a team tomorrow at 5:15 will see how that goes

10. plumloopy
    11:43 am March 16, 2018 Permalink

Good for him. Honestly. Isn’t this what everybody does? Find a way to work themselves up?

I tell you though, I hope our players never adopt the body language Arizona had with five minutes to go. They practically resigned the game.

11. BamaBlue
    12:16 pm March 16, 2018 Permalink

Well at least he should be getting used to all those beat downs at the hands of Kentucky. Funny how confident he is now since his team had a once in a lifetime performance. Cats by 10.

12. b-9 bombers
    1:03 pm March 16, 2018 Permalink

Quade be woke! Q will do what he do against this liddle fella!!

13. bluecrowe
    9:06 pm March 16, 2018 Permalink

I think the guys will take Buffalo more seriously than they took Davidson because of the appearance of one team’s players versus the other. That is all I will say. 🙂