Michael Porter Jr. commits to Missouri

In news that won’t surprise you, Michael Porter Jr. has committed to Missouri. The five-star power forward was committed to Washington, but after the Huskies fired Lorenzo Romar, got a release and will now play for Cuonzo Martin at Missouri.┬áNot only did Porter have the Tigers on his final list, his family lived in Missouri before moving to Washington, his sisters play there, his aunt is the women’s coach, and his dad used to be on the women’s staff. In turn, his commitment is being hailed as a homecoming:

Well, Missouri just got a lot better in a hurry.

10 Comments for Michael Porter Jr. commits to Missouri

1. KYcats11
    6:11 pm March 24, 2017 Permalink

yo what’s up with that kentucky guidance counselor ad on youtube.

2. AndTheDevil
    6:15 pm March 24, 2017 Permalink

Also Washington wouldn’t hire his dad after letting Romar, but yesterday Missouri hired him as asst coach did. Shocking he would commit there. Less homecoming and more “hire my dad and I’ll play for you”

3. binarysolo
    7:00 pm March 24, 2017 Permalink

How the heck does this HS kid have a verified Twitter account but Matt Jones doesn’t?

4. pancakesfordinner
    7:01 pm March 24, 2017 Permalink

So you can hire player’s parents now? Why doesn’t a team just hire a player’s mom as janitor for $500,000 a year?

This is basically the same thing as the Reggie Bush situation? His parents received money from a USC booster and he lost his Heisman and the school a title. I know this same thing happened with Ben Simmons and his guardian/stepdad or whatever, but isn’t this against NCAA rules?

• @GoCayts
      7:08 pm March 24, 2017 Permalink

There are rules regarding “interested” people to a recruit, but doesn’t apply to people who are already a coach somewhere like his dad was.

5. UKALLDAY1
    7:56 pm March 24, 2017 Permalink

I wonder if this will help UK with Knox. I always wondered how Knox would fair going against Porter, now if he comes to UK he can set up that MADE FOR TV match up Twice next year and prove that he is the best wing in the country!

6. GroundControlToNumber9
    8:30 pm March 24, 2017 Permalink

“I swing by my dads balls.”

– Michael Porter Jr.

7. plumloopy
    8:45 pm March 24, 2017 Permalink

I don’t know the whole story but why does a school fire a coach when he’s landed the #1 player? Fire him next year.