Matt will be on “Outside the Lines” today to talk about the UofL scandal

With football on a bye week, the UofL sex scandal continues to be the main story today, and this afternoon, our own Matt Jones will go on ESPN’s “Outside the Lines” to discuss the allegations surrounding the Louisville basketball program, and whether or not Rick Pitino can survive.

Tune in to ESPN2 at 1:30 p.m. ET to watch Matt do what Matt does best. Here’s a preview:

46 Comments for Matt will be on “Outside the Lines” today to talk about the UofL scandal

1. Old white guy
    12:17 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Yes!! Let’s see him roast Jurich for Hookergate.

2. Luther In Louisville
    12:29 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Valvano has spent the last 10 mins ranting about Matt being on OTL. I love it….!

3. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    12:33 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Bring up how SMU got hammered but UNC is being ignored.

• Ha!
      12:40 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

At this point, I couldn’t care less about the UNC crap. I wanna see that loudmouth, too big for its britches program down the road burned to the ground.

And revel in their tears as it’s delusional fan base watch that 2013 banner get taken down.

All of this is karma for all their shit talking.

• Jeff
      2:29 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

I agree. I wouldn’t have taken nearly as much joy IF UL and their fans didn’t act like their program was spotless, and UK’s was a cesspool. Its always been ironic that they call UK & Cal “sleazy” when they employ, or have employed Pitino, Petrino, Hurt, etc. Just typing those names make me cringe, yet their fans act like none of that matters. Integrity of the program, indeed!

4. BenHur
    12:40 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Finally some justice for those heathens. Fight the good fight Matt.

5. Luther
    12:44 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Stay classy, Matt…

• papasnapper
      12:51 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

That’s my concern. Let’s hope Matt’s distaste for all things UofL doesn’t distort his thoughts/words. I hope his giddiness doesn’t shine through.

• Ha!
      12:56 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Aw, Leuther, U mad bro???

• Booby Petrino
      1:44 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

lol stay classy while talking about hookers? This whole situation isn’t classy. Louisville isn’t classy.

• Allison
      3:56 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Matt, regardless of his distaste for all things U of L, is always very professional when he’s in the national media. Go CATS. Go Matt.

6. UL spitroast
    12:49 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

About time that morally bankrupt athletic department gets the hammer. How many scandals can those clowns survive?

• what?
      8:36 pm October 6, 2015 Permalink

Bankrupt? explain, please know and understand facts before speaking.

7. Possible Facepalm
    12:56 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Matt,

Please keep in mind you are not only representing yourself, but you are speaking at that moment for the face of Cat Nation. Please DO NOT be a douche and embarrass us!

A proud Cat fan!

8. Kussy
    1:02 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Matt does not represent me. Matt is no more qualified than anyone else to speak. I don’t care what he says.

9. Brian
    1:04 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Seems to be a lot of Louisville apologists commenting on this post. Strange…..

10. wildcat502
    1:30 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

I`m a UK fan, but having Matt on to talk about this makes UK look bad. I wish anyone with UK ties would just stay out if it.

• Ha!
      1:35 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

U mad? 😉

• Don't get involved
      1:38 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

I agree completely. Let’s let a Louisville person discuss this issue. There’s no reason to bring the name UK or anyone associated with UK into this conversation.

• Brian
      1:40 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

All a UofL person would have talked about was how this is all somehow UK’s fault.

• Brian
      1:41 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Hey look, more UofL apologists!! LOL

• agreed
      2:14 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Agree also. Whose idea was it to invite Jones on OTL? I don’t get it. Seems like ESPN would be above that even if Matt isn’t

• Booby Petrino
      2:24 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

being above that? Above talking about a rival school paying for hookers for athletes? you people need a sense of humor, you sound boring as shit.

11. Jim.
    1:35 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Matt Jones is the most childish sports person that has been on radio or TV.And for him to have the following he has in the “big bleu”nation is very telling about the IQ of the UK fanatics.I listened today just to know for sure what a low life he is.

He ranted on about Pitino having to go because even if Pitino didn’t know about it,he is the man at the top and has to take responsibility for it as coach.This from the same person that has said again and again that Cal carried none of the blame for the seasons being pulled at Memphis and UMass.Matt is the same “UK Hero” that convicted Chris Jones when the first report came out.

To answer your question as to why would a whore lie.Matt. it’s about money.

I know something wrong happened but I would like find the facts before believing a whore that pimps her own underage daughters.

• Ha!
      1:37 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Your program is going down, Jim. Hahahahahahahaaaaa!

1980 and 1986. Again.

• Troy
      3:10 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Low life. What talent do you have? She may be a whore but she ain’t lying.

• Dude
      4:31 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Am I to assume that ” ‘big bleu”nation’ ” was some attempt at an insult?

12. ukcory15
    1:42 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Yeah, I am a huge UK fan and supporter. I follow this site everyday but I don’t think Matt Jones should be on Outside The Lines! He is going to make us all look bad.

• Ha!
      1:45 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

’15, huh? You just start at UK?

• agreed
      2:15 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Ha! you don’t understand classy bro?

• Ha!
      2:40 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

U gonna cry, bro?

13. Booby Petrino
    1:47 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

lol Matt make us look bad. Shew, the trolls are out in full force today! Keep up the good work Matt. Trolls are lining those pockets!

• Dude
      1:49 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

No doubt. Louisville made THEMSELVES look bad. Matt is just going to be on there to discuss it. 😉

• Possible Facepalm
      2:38 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

But, why Matt Jones? Why not a UofL radio personality? Makes us look petty by having him address a UofL scandal. Anyway, why are UofL fans so surprised by this. Scandal U is in the new it seems every couple of years because someone can’t keep their **** in their pants. LOL

• Ha!
      2:41 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

LOL, like who? John Ramsey?!?!

14. Justin
    2:29 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

I honestly dont see the point of having Matt on OTL. It doesnt really make sense to have a UK fan discussing UofL. I think it would be smarter to have a UL fan on to say what they think about the scandal and how it should be handled. But with that being said, good luck Matt.

15. Poppschmidty
    2:36 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

I don’t see why the BBN had to be involved in this…especially such a vocal person of the BBN. I mean, kudos to building a blog site to national prominence, but what does this have to with Kentucky Basketball? My only hopes are that Matt kept it classy and didn’t get stuck on line 5.

• KT
      4:02 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

You allude to part of the problem, namely that Jurich has had such a tight grip on Local media in Louisville under his “reign” there really isn’t a go to person for the local media market to even speak halfway objectively on the program besides Matt. They wanted a local media person from the city, Forde has been making rounds be he is a national guy. BTW, kudos to Pat on having the gumption to do this in spite of his friendship with Rick (NEVER thought I’d say that). There has been a ton of smoke around that program for years but I feel like I get more news on it from Lexington and KSR than people who live in the city do. It’s sad but this is a chance to make right for a lot of the Eric Crawford’s of the world and really, truly do some honest investigative reporting for a change.

We’ll know how it turns out in a few months. If they pin this on McGee and a couple others or even if they just go after Pitino you still aren’t getting to the real issue which is Jurich, Ramsey, and the trustee board that have had their hands in a lot of these scandals yet come off seemingly untouchable. IMO, this particular scandal is the tip of the iceberg and there is a lot more going on, particularly with some of the accounting practices. I do give credit to some of the Louisville media up there, the past year they seem to have finally had enough and are starting to go after these stories. We’ll see how far they are willing to take it and if anybody is a Louisville version of Jerry Tipton.

16. BlueBloodtoo
    3:17 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

4 words – Lack of institutional control

17. KC88
    4:04 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

How does it make us look bad that Matt is going to talk about how Pitino and his crew bought their players/recruits a bunch of hookers? I’ll wait…

• Dude
      4:33 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

I agree…. I’ll also wait with you.

18. Jason
    4:12 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Put some clips from OTL on your website. I missed the show.

• Gman
      4:17 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Seconded

19. Tim
    5:15 pm October 5, 2015 Permalink

Shocked! This is the same Mr Pitino that was shocked when the Karen story broke. Then when it was all said and done! Mr P. Had lied. For all you Louisville fans don’t preach about principals unless your house is clean and we know with the P and P boys your house is shall we say street worthy!

20. UKJon