Marshall Henderson Keeps Making Friends

Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson is, if nothing else, entertaining.  His polarizing antics cause college basketball fans to either embrace the insanity, or despise the disrespect he shows other teams.  He’s always fun to watch, unless he’s playing your team, in which case he becomes immediately infuriating.  As was the case with last night’s game against Mississippi State.

State Coach Rick Ray was caught on camera showing his frustration with a very visible expletive aimed at a taunting Henderson:

Henderson

Hahahahahahaha.  What a punk, but that reaction is priceless.

Coach Ray has since apologized, but really, can you blame him?  UK plays Ole Miss in nine days at Rupp.  Hopefully we’ll be making Henderson get pissy instead of the other way around.

Article written by Corey Nichols

61 Comments for Marshall Henderson Keeps Making Friends

1. Catgrad7072
    7:36 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Henderson is a turd; how many chances does he get?

• catgrad7072
      8:07 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Upon further review ……………

Henderson’s parents are turds for allowing him to grow up with such an attitude.

Coach Kennedy is a turd for tolerating such an attitude in the name winning.

2. brain
    7:39 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

If you don’t like it, shut him down. Pretty simple.

• Elwood Blues
      8:10 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Shouldn’t be hard. He’s not good.

3. Marshall Henderson's Subconscious
    7:39 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Cocaine’s a hell of a drug.

4. Richard Sherman
    7:41 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

So does white America call him a thug or monkey? Of course not this is amerikkka. And this will get erase because it’s the truth and ksr can’t handle that

• How Cute
      7:47 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Great comment, the rest of us have been reading this same dead-horse-beating, moronic argument over on Deadspin for the past two days as well. Plenty of people over there will agree with you, so go log back on and have fun with the rest of the PC police who just have to turn every minute sports happening into political grandstanding.

• Liberia
      7:49 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Hate America? You should check out Liberia, I hear things are going really well over there.

• Richard Sherman
      8:20 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

I don’t hate my country…just the racist keyboard tough guys on there

• How Cute
      8:33 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Yes, racists and other morons use twitter. Smart people use it as well.

I like Richard Sherman. I think he’s hilarious, and entertaining, just like Marshall. Many people dislike both. Behavior is the main issue for 99% of those “dislikers”. Sure, there probably is the 1% who dislike him just because of his race, and that’s ignorant. It’s also ignorant to stand up and scream generalizations that people don’t like him because of race after he just gave one of the most belittling and childish post game interviews ever recorded.

Tell me no one would react similarly if Marshall would have just started screaming similar things in a post game interview about the guards that had to try and mark him that night? I’ll hang up and listen.

• Richard Sherman
      8:40 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Hey how cute…did he ever get called out by this? i will stay on the phone and listen.

• HeyDipSh*t
      8:48 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Well you were wrong about your comment getting “erase” and you’re wrong about so much more. Instead of being butthurt on KSR, if you want “Amerikkka” to change, get off KSR and go do something productive. B*tching on KSR isn’t going to change a damn thing.

• Frankie
      7:33 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

To the racst, everything is about race…. get a life! Sherman and Henderson are both thugs.

• Bob
      11:16 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

lol – I was sitting here trying to figure out who the heck Richard Sherman was…

5. straight up
    7:49 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

I’ll call him a thug! Aint about skin color its about decency and attitude!

• Richard Sherman
      8:23 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

what about monkey like the rest of white twitter was calling me just for talking loud?

• Monkey
      8:50 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

What do you have against monkeys? Be proud of someone calls you a monkey…monkeys are cool!

• Isaac in Louisville
      8:50 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Saying “the rest of white twitter” called him a monkey is as bad as me saying “all of black twitter” does (insert black stereotype here).

Get outta here…

• Hello
      1:50 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

I’m coming into this discussion late.. But, people don’t chose to call him a monkey or a thug because he is white…. But they call him bad nicknames that white people are called like loser, double loser, punk, or muther you know what.. Similar to what the coach at Miss St did.. And I do not blame him.

6. CATSCATSCATS
    7:52 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Rick Ray: acts like an idiot by dancing around in the locker room after beating Ole Miss by 4 at home (without Henderson). Then, gets freight-trained at Ole Miss and yells f*ck you to Henderson for the whole world to see. Classy guy.

• STEVE!
      8:29 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Agree. An (alleged) adult rsponsible for leading and being a role model to his players drops an F-Bomb on a college kid. Unacceptable, regardless of the punk’s antics. I don’t remember even Bobby Knight doing such a thing to an opposing player.

• Shell Fish Mudder Tucker
      2:52 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

Terrence Jones says what??

7. JBCat
    8:20 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

#4– C’mon man! That’s bs and you know it. Acting like a jackass isn’t exclusive to one race.
    This guy is a punk and white America does not celebrate him any way that I know of. I’m not here to say racism is dead, but the pulse is weak and we are all gonna be better for it.
    To call Henderson a monkey would be an insult to our little primate friends 😉

• TPACAT
      6:59 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Racism will truly be dead when any legitimate criticism of a black persons behavior isn’t automatically categorized as such.

Not holding my breath…

8. Michael Savage Is a Prophet
    8:22 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

What a waste. There aren’t many good white BB players and fortunately the few that do play pretty much behave like civilized human beings and are a credit to the spirit and goals of intercollegiate athletics. And then there’s this mutation who behaves worse than any of the Afro Tard clowns that now stink up the whole system. Wonder if he has an EBT card ?

9. MARSHALL HENDERSON
    8:24 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

I like to get under people’s skin and in their heads. Mission Accomplished, Rick Ray!

• Richard Sherman
      8:27 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

so do i…but you won’t get called the names i got called buddy

• Alter ego
      8:47 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Richard, is it okay to call you Dick?

• SticksAndStones
      8:51 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Richard you sound so sensitive here. I thought you were a tough guy?

10. BravoBigBlue
    8:26 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Punks come in all colors. Richard Sherman and Marshall Henderson are both classless punks.

11. rainman
    8:37 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Who would want this jerk to play for them?

LOSERVILLE? Probably!

12. Bob the Replier
    8:46 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

I could care less how good of a player he is. He is an extremely flawed human being. 10 years he will be on an ESPN special talking about how he is either broke, in rehab again, in jail or dead.

• schwing
      9:22 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

so you care a little bit about how good of a player he is?

• DH
      9:52 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

I hate when people say that wrong, too, Schwing. That and “irregardless”. Oh, and “mute point”

13. Alter ego
    8:49 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Yeah when Marshall makes it to the D-league or the Israeli league, let him act like a pr!ck and then watch a Metta World Peace pound his face into oblivion.

14. UKBlue
    8:53 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

This kid is tormented by his demons & is driven in total by his insecurities!! He will more than likely either be in prison or dead within the next 10 years. It never ends well for these types of people.

• ??
      9:33 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Over he’s an over-confident kid unafraid to say or act however he feels.

15. B
    9:07 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Say what you want, but Henderson used to be a great follow on Twitter. He stopped tweeting when he got arrested over the summer. I miss hearing about #WhiteGirlWednesday.

16. BluBlud
    9:21 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

One has to think, with all the attention provided an impudent, narcissistic basketball player and a coach whose maturity level allows him to be goaded into profane comments, this has nothing to do with sports, but everything to do about entertainment. People will only be as rude as you allow them to be. Celebrate this type of behavior by covering and serving, it will only raise exponentially the antics in the future.
    I detest such activity in sport or life. Although adding an opinion in this blog, I promise it to be my last on actions such as these. Lack of grace is pinned on those who nurture those without.

17. ??
    9:31 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Funny how everyone here is okay with a UK player doing similar things. Was AD hitting his chest and screaming “this is my house” any less arrogant? People are so stupid and hypocritical it’s hard to even believe sometimes.

• Haha
      9:44 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

Thank you! If he was black or played for UK this would be a non story.

• PuhLease
      10:24 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

How many times did AD pound his chest and say this is my house? Henderson does this every game. If a UK player of any color did this every game I’d be embarrassed.

• in all fairness
      12:36 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

i believe that AD had the skill/ability to pound his chest. college basketball was his house for the year that he graced it with his presence.

18. jobob
    9:37 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

I like watching Henderson play. He does not have any fear and will shoot from anywhere. I also like his attitude. its entertaining! Not sure I would want him on our team, but at least it keeps things interesting.

19. ibescootch
    10:28 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

I’m split on what I think of Henderson. I normally cannot stand his type of player, but he’s like a cartoon character, and I find him fascinating. Whenever we’ve played them (if I remember correctly), he’s been relatively low key, and even respectful. I even remember him helping one of our players up after a play, and speaking highly of us to the media. I may be wrong, but I laugh at him like I laugh at one of my children when they do something hilarious but wrong, and my wife’s not around!

20. Puhhhleeeeaaazzze.........
    11:10 pm January 26, 2014 Permalink

C’mon…. He does the land shark, he’s nothing more than the basketball version of Johny football. Of course I dislike him as well, but the hatred you give them is nothing more than free pr. Wait til we handle his ass on the court, them be proud of that. He’s a basketball Beiber.

21. NeverCared
    12:53 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

Remember that all of these “student athletes” are working for free in the slavery scheme devised by the evil NCAA. You can eiher start paying them, or stop watching/attending games. Those are the only two honorable options. Until that happens, anyone who criticizes or judges the victims of this scheme is just wallowing in hypocrisy.

22. rockatao
    7:51 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

I’m a little surprised that someone hasn’t taken Henderson out. Back in the day, that would have been the response to his antics.

23. Delk for 3
    8:46 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

I really like Marshall Henderson. The kid is not a bad guy at all. He just has a mean streak in him when he is competing on the floor. He is at his best when he is running his mouth and doing crazy things on the floor. I don’t think he crosses the line, though, and if he did, the refs have full power to T him up. The refs do not, though, and that tells me he is not doing anything that bad. Coach Kennedy embraces Marshall being like that because he is producing great numbers when doing so. If you want to shut him up, just stop him and beat his team. If not, get ready for him to get under your skin. The difference between Marshall and Sherman is that Marshall is pretty respectful off the floor. I have no problem with guys acting like a wild man in between the lines. The problem I had with Sherman is not the post-game interview, but when he was trashing Crabtree even later in the day at the press conference. All in all, if anybody should be ashamed of themselves in this instance at Ole Miss, it is Rick Ray. The guy is screaming “f___ you” at players on the court?

• Riggo05
      9:31 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

Really? Were you on here when Cal screamed “you selfish mother$&@&er” during a game….at his OWN player?….

• Delk for 3
      9:35 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

It’s one thing when they are your own players and you’re trying to teach them. It’s another when you are getting into it with those opposing team’s players.

24. rukiddingme
    9:02 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

Where’s the Coors Light and my fat chicks ?

25. Observer
    9:09 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

Henderson acts like trash. Punk, thug, idiot. Shameless and harmful to all associated with him.

26. JW
    9:15 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

Say what you want about Henderson, but he is a star. I went to the old miss/wku game and after it was over every kid there, mostly wku fans, was waiting for him to come out of the locker room. He signed lots of autographs and seemed alright. A few of the wku players and ray Harper walked by and noone even acknowledged them.

• Delk for 3
      9:46 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

I totally agree. Marshall is great for the college game and the SEC. He brings the league all kinds of attention and most of it is positive. The kid is a big-time player and an even bigger personality. He is a star and I’m a big fan. So many of you are so quick to hate on him and say he will be a broke, drug addled guy in 10 years. You all are just people who hate on those who are different. I wish the best for the kid and will enjoy him in college the rest of this season.

27. Here We Go Now
    10:34 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

I view Marshall more as a punk, brat, or even an idiot than I do as a thug.

28. Jeffrey
    10:49 am January 27, 2014 Permalink

UK shut him down last season, if UK did last season, they can do it this season.

29. Sonny
    12:10 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Cocaine and booze make you think your the best at what you do, everybody else see’s you fail and look like a stupid fool.

30. NoTolerance
    12:24 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Despite what some idiots believe, Henderson isn’t good and he’s not good for basketball. He’s not fascinating and he’s not funny. It’s a common case of someone starving for attention. All he can do is talk sh*t and make people mad. His ball skills definitely are doing the talking. Also, there used to be a thing called sportsmanship, and people respected you for that.

31. Cat89
    12:25 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

Note to Corey Nichols: No one significant will leave KSR because they are not getting enough Marshall Henderson news or updates. The fact that you have only received 56 responses speaks to that. Reading the comments and noting their content speaks further to my point. He is irrelevant until you make him relevant. That attempt seemed to fail as well….. whopping 56 comments. How many members does KSR have? What percentage does 56 now 57 make-up of its membership? Food for thought.

32. Kick him out
    3:10 pm January 27, 2014 Permalink

He is one player that I would not mind seeing kicked out of college basketball. I have no place for an athlete who just wants to start crap like this all the time. The only thing you ever hear from him is when he is being a disgrace to the sport.