Marques Bolden Returning To Duke

five-star-center-marques-bolden-1

After the word spread that Marques Bolden was transferring yesterday, Duke Basketball announced the freshman center will return in 2017-18. Bolden chose Duke over Kentucky and TCU last season. As a freshman, Bolden averaged 1.5 points as a freshman while playing in less than seven minutes per game in 2016.

Article written by Trey Huntsman

The KSR Baseball guy. Follow me on Twitter @TreyHuntsmanSEC.

12 Comments for Marques Bolden Returning To Duke

1. bharlan24
    8:52 pm April 3, 2017 Permalink

Adebayo should stay another year also. He must learn how to be a better offensive player. Just dunking the ball is not good enough for the pros. Cal will convince him to go so he can get another big man like Bamba. Briscoe should stay another year also. Just my opinion.

• ready4nineNOW
      9:21 pm April 3, 2017 Permalink

Bam staying wouldn’t stop Bamba from coming. Bamba is elite and playing time wouldn’t be an issue. I think it would be a great combo with Bam at the 4 and Bamba at the 5. Plus, Bam will have to be a 4 in the NBA. If it works, with a weaker draft next year, he could really improve his paycheck and playing time rookie year. Best part is we get Bam for another year. Give me #BamBamba!

• ClutchCargo
      9:42 pm April 3, 2017 Permalink

Bamba coming to UK would be great for Bam, if he stays. He played out of position by necessity this season.

2. maximumscott
    8:55 pm April 3, 2017 Permalink

Would of been better if he could of played 4. Bams too athletic for his size not to go.

3. cking
    10:13 pm April 3, 2017 Permalink

Why is this story posted?

Who cares about Duke or Bolden?

4. blueballs80
    10:36 pm April 3, 2017 Permalink

Glad he is staying for 4 years that is.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:40 pm April 3, 2017 Permalink

That big check to Bolden’s mama from the dook boosters must have cleared.

6. Blue Jesus
    10:47 pm April 3, 2017 Permalink

What an about-face! I’m not talking about Bolden’s decision to return either… I mean the Duke message boards. Yesterday they were tearing him up for his attitude, laziness, skill set, you name it. Now he’s the next Okafor!

• 4everblue
      3:38 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Being the next Okafor means he will soon be in a drunken street fight with someone half his size.

7. chris43
    12:07 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

It’d be nice if Bam stays but I highly doubt it. He’s projected as high a 21st pick and as low as early second round (which is crap). IF he’d return to school and improve his game (which would most likely happen) he’d have a very good chance at being a lottery pick next year. I hope he returns but I don’t look for it.

8. DelrayCat
    1:05 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

I bet Harry Giles is a lock to return as well. Duke will likely be preseason #1.

• Catsby80
      8:25 am April 4, 2017 Permalink

Giles should take whatever money he is offered at this point. He is one more knee injury away from never playing another competitive minute of basketball.