Marcus Lee writes for CoachCal.com

marcus-lee-1

In a new feature called “In Their Own Words” over at CoachCal.com, Marcus Lee writes about his new life as a Kentucky Wildcat in Lexington. Lee, the first to contribute to the series, recounts his weekend as a manager for the Calipari Fantasy Camp, the team’s meeting with a communication expert later that week, and then looks ahead to the Big Blue Madness campout:

The last thing I wanted to talk about before I get out of here is next week’s campout for Big Blue Madness tickets. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to it. Last year, being on the outside of the players looking in as a fan, I thought it was amazing how many people came to the campout and how they swarm each player over and over. I thought it was pretty awesome. The special effects they had during the actual Madness, it kind of just pulled me in really quick to come here.

Now that I get to finally be a part of it, I’m kind of excited and scared at the same because there are going to be so many people. I know how serious this is to our fans, but I’m excited to see how it all works out and to be able to interact with the Big Blue Nation before the season starts.  If you see me out there, make sure you say what’s up to me.

[In their own words: Lee adjusts to life as a Wildcat]

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Marcus Lee writes for CoachCal.com

1. C_Cov
    12:11 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

I hope he is here a couple years. I really like him

2. randy
    12:21 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

marcus sounds like a great young man…. i’m sorry a won’t be able to come to the camp out… so i’ll just give him a WHATS UP and welcome to the bbn family

3. Baffled
    12:25 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Man, for the life of me i can’t understand how any high school basketball player can read about how excited these guys are to be a Wildcat and not commit immediately! From our completely rabid fan base, to the rock star treatment, to the extent the school goes to for a practice in October…. How do we not sign the top 15 EVERY YEAR and 16-20 begging just to walk on? And i’m with you # 1 i like this dude a lot!

4. WildcatFaithful
    12:50 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Mr Lee gets it, the bonding process between BBN (best fans in the world) and their team – Marcus is obviously a very emotionally mature and intelligent young man.

5. BAdams
    12:59 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Cant wait to see you Mr Lee! Last year the guys didn’t interact or even come hang out. I have a feeling it will be different this year. Believe it will be like campin two years ago.

6. Jeffrey
    1:40 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

I really like this kid too, this team will leave fans scratching their heads on picking who is their favorite.

7. Randy
    2:12 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Marcus Lee > Kyle Wiltjer

8. bunny
    2:17 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Can’t wait to see this pogo stick in action…

9. BlueRedNeck
    2:30 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

I’m an avid volleyball player and coach of my two daughters, and I sure hope we can cross paths with Marcus at one of the UK volleyball games this year. What a treat that would be for my girls, and I am sure looking forward to seeing Marcus and the rest of the team on the court this year. Go Big Blue!

10. Carl Rogers
    5:13 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

God Bless you Marcus. Lord God Jehovah I pray that you cover Marcus Lee with your love and protection. Lord keep Marcus away from sin and temptation and keep him on your straight and narrow path I pray in Jesus name. Go Big Blue!

11. bigcatstanding
    9:42 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

from what I’ve seen we have a great bunch of grown up freshman, not like years past where maybe one of the newcomers we’re ready, this whole group seems like there ready, and already know whats to come. can’t wait for the season to start, article after article about players being better than advertised, even several articles saying that Randle could most likely leapfrog Wiggins for the number 1 overall pick.Can it get any better!!