Marcus Lee expected to announce through UK

marcuslee happy

Marcus Lee and Isaiah Briscoe have until midnight tonight to announce whether or not they’re staying in the NBA Draft or returning to school. If you’re looking for clues as to what Lee will do, our old pal Jeff Goodman has one. According to Goodman, the only media member to be in contact with Lee through this process, it looks like Lee will make his announcement today through UK. So, read into that what you will.

If I had to guess, I’d say that means he’s more likely to come back, but who knows. I really hope that’s the case.

12 Comments for Marcus Lee expected to announce through UK

1. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    8:46 am May 25, 2016 Permalink

I actually feel the opposite. That since he is announcing through UK that means he is leaving. Not really sure why…I guess we wait and see!

• Duuuuuude
      9:25 am May 25, 2016 Permalink

I agree with you, and I think it is because should he leave, and he announces it before the press, he would have to field a lot of questions. There are not a lot of good answers to give when it comes to leaving college early and not exceptionally skilled. That said, I don’t think another year here will help him if he wants to be an NBA player. If he is not interested in furthering his education for a good career after basketball, then perhaps he should go on and play foreign ball.

2. secrick
    8:47 am May 25, 2016 Permalink

Ok i know this has nothing to do with this and i hope Lee does whats best for him, but what was the football rumor Matt was talking about below because i didn’t hear it.

• ukjaybrat
      9:03 am May 25, 2016 Permalink

there was a rumor that 6 uk football players failed a drug test. but it was apparently completely made up. of course that didn’t stop louisville fans parading around twitter all day as if it were true and calling us hypocrites for making fun of second chance U

• Kyblueblood
      9:25 am May 25, 2016 Permalink

Not a Louisville fan, but for anyone to make up a rumor about UK football….UK Football..means they have way too much time on their hands. I would not be surprised if this was true. Matty Bangs isnt going to dig up anything, remember its not another school

• therealmcb
      10:28 am May 25, 2016 Permalink

Not a UofL fan? You kind of gave yourself away with “Matty Bangs”

3. cdc_uky
    8:55 am May 25, 2016 Permalink

I’m not sure if I’d rather see him go or stay. You never know if he is going to make an athletic play but you do know he is going to be out of position on D and foul someone. We could certainly use the depth though and it will allow Bam to play more at the 4 where he should crush it…

• Sentient Third Eye
      9:06 am May 25, 2016 Permalink

Lee is always most useful when he can come off the bench and provide a lift. He’s an energy guy who is inconsistent at times and a bad matchup at times, but when we are not forced to have him in the game every minute he’s not in foul trouble, like last year, he can be very useful and very effective.

4. secrick
    9:11 am May 25, 2016 Permalink

Thanks ukjaybrat for the info.

5. Bluebloodtoo
    11:05 am May 25, 2016 Permalink

I hope he comes back to help give experience and leadership to the team and finish his degree. With his draft stock situation, that degree may come in pretty handy in the near future.

• Luether
      2:29 pm May 25, 2016 Permalink

I think he’ll come back – just not with us…

6. FlatTopsAndBlockedShots
    12:11 pm May 25, 2016 Permalink

Goodman attached himself to Lee because it was a way to attach himself to UK so he could troll. Reason being is because Lee was always seen as late second round at best to undrafted and this way Goodman could weasel his way into UK media.