A man called the cops because he got fouled too hard in a pickup game

There’s a wild story out of a pickup basketball game in Virginia that is almost too wild to believe.

A man called the police after he was fouled too hard in a friendly game at the gym. The story caught attention online when someone else in the game tweeted a photo of the police on the scene to settle the case:

The man in the double sleeves is apparently the one who committed the foul; the man in the black shirt next to the police officer is the one who called. He walked to the front desk to place the 9-1-1 call, according to the Twitter timeline.

Some thoughts here:

(1) This is completely inexcusable and he should have his gym membership revoked. If there is a way to enforce it, he should be banned from any basketball-related activities forever. He shouldn’t even be allowed to watch a game on TV.

Put this face on gym doors everywhere.

(2) The guy in the double sleeves probably fouled the hell out of him. Anyone wearing two shooting sleeves and two ankle braces in a pickup game at the local 24/7 gym is an animal. He obviously plays way too hard and it’s easy to believe it’s not the first time he assaulted someone in a rec game.

(3) This guy is all of us when we read the headline:

Unbelievable move here.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for A man called the cops because he got fouled too hard in a pickup game

1. CoachCat
    1:09 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

Ive been waiting on this headline for years lol

• CatManDo
      5:59 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

I’m just glad it doesn’t read ” white man calls cops on black man for fouling him too hard”.

2. runningunnin.454
    2:10 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

Hey, we could have called the cops on Laettner.

• BlooBloodRon
      2:13 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

You win today RG454!! 😀

• JTHinton
      3:01 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

RG, that is so painfully true!

• King_tucky
      10:51 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Higgins too for malicious intent and slander

3. Ez21
    2:45 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

I would knock the hell out of him every single time I could from then on if I was dbl sleeves or anyone else. Then I’d tell him he better call momma and daddy and get them over there bc the cops aren’t gonna help u.

4. R2B2
    2:56 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

According to the post on Yahoo [take that as you will], the foul was actually just a hard screen that apparently set the whiner on his a$$. That’s why there is a vid / screen shot. No one could believe this guy called the cops.

5. Mathlete
    2:57 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

Can we all agree to stop calling the cops for minor garbage like this? a) They’re probably tired of showing up because someone shot a dirty look in your general direction; and b) it’s not free to the rest of us who handle our own business. It takes up resources that could have been used making the community safer instead of listening to you whine.

• cats646
      4:35 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

YES!!! Mathlete, you hit the nail right on the head with this. Too many people think the cops are only there to help them get what they want. They’re not.

6. You Can Call Me Cal
    5:22 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

Drew, you got the story wrong. Your headline reads “Man calls…” when really it should say “Mama’s boy calls…”

7. david8577
    5:29 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

Snowflakes these days…

8. Paw
    6:01 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

Years ago I played some friendly basketball with some other Christian men at my Pastors house and it only took a few minutes to realize the only differences in that game and a game of street ball that there was no cussing ? and no actual punches look out for the elbows and shoulder checks tho !!

• cats646
      6:09 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

We usually get a bunch of guys together and play after church on Sunday night. I was guarding my preacher a few weeks ago and he lowered his shoulder and knocked the breath out of me. Ha. I hit the ground and rolled around sounding like a beached whale! When I caught my breath back I said “you’d think a preacher would say sorry” jokingly and he looked at me and said “I’m sorry, you were in my way”. ?

• cats646
      6:10 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

And if I would’ve called the cops I would’ve beat myself up. That guy is pathetic for doing that.

9. Dowser
    6:18 pm July 17, 2018 Permalink

McHale could’ve been arrested for clothes lining Kurt Rambis…. seriously. But I loved it!

10. rlburd2
    12:16 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Lol classic.

11. ukcamel
    10:42 am July 18, 2018 Permalink

Only justified if something is broken. If you can stand there and explain to the police officer that the guy fouled you hard enough to call the police, he didn’t foul you hard enough to call the police.

But also guys like ole two-sleeves are why I quit adult league b-ball. Way too many fellas out there trying to compensate for getting cut from varsity basketball in high school. And as you get older those unnecessary shots hurt longer and it just isn’t worth it. So my tennis and golf games are improving.