Mama Julius gets a lot of the credit for teaching him the game

After raving about the university, the city of Lexington, and all of the people she and Julius met over the last year at UK, Carolyn Kyles, his mother, took credit for preparing Julius for basketball at a young age.

“You’re going to laugh at this but it’s that famous spin move!” she said, surrounded by a mob of TV reporters and cameras. Kyles took credit for teaching Julius his go-to move.

Julius, standing off by himself behind the media, laughed at the attention his mom was receiving after his announcement. “Look at my mom!” he shouted to his friends.

What an exciting day for both of them.

Article written by Drew Franklin

15 Comments for Mama Julius gets a lot of the credit for teaching him the game

1. brain
    2:41 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

It’s great to see JR and his mom’s dreams come true. Cal and all UK fans can be proud.

2. Dr. Tom
    2:56 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

You did yourself proud Mama Julius. What a fantastic job of raising your son and thanks for sharing him with the BBN. Best of luck to Julius and his family!! We know that Cal recruits kids with great athletic ability but I think we don’t give him enough credit for the character qualities they have.

3. Kyreds
    3:16 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I am glad he is gone!Too much of a Alpha Male!Ballhog & cant do nothing with his right hand ! Bye!!

4. atlantacat
    3:22 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

His Mom may be more of a class act than Julius. She definitely raised him right and thanks to her, he definitely has his head screwed on straight.
    Best of luck Julius, we were proud to have you.

• Agreed
      3:28 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

And she’s attractive, to boot!

5. Rock Chalk Jayhawk
    3:23 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Mrs. Randle raised a good one, wait I’m sorry her name isn’t Randle. I’ll just call her J MOM.

6. George Costanza
    3:38 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Good people. I’m gonna miss him. He will be a success.

7. GordonM
    3:42 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Without out your Mom, You don’t exist. Everything else your Mom gives you is icing. Julius’s Mom was Heavy on the icing.

8. Twiggster
    4:50 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Happy for Randle and his mother. He can’t buy her love, but I be he is going to give it his best shot. Go Big Blue!

9. bluristhurr
    5:04 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

She looks pretty tall standing beside him. Anybody know how tall she is?

10. bbn4life
    5:46 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Very happy for him and his mom. He definitely carries himself like a champ. Good job mama! Best of luck to you Julius in the pros. Make bbn even more proud. #bbn4life

11. alyDallas
    12:36 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Did no one notice she is wearing blue and white? She played college ball for UT Arlington. As a native Kentuckian, and loyal member of the BBN, I now live in Dallas (attended 3 final fours in the last 4 years, thanks to Coach Cal). She’s a teacher who sent her son to a Christian private school instead of moving to the highest rated basketball district! This woman has all my respect!